Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

32 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

But more cited Corbyn directly. And if you add in things like competence which directly relates to Corbyn and his team. Nothing there screams Labour should just become socially Conservative. And I believe that they will have a far better shot with a leader who people could imagine as PM...which for me is the test Nandy and Phillips fail.

22 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But more cited Corbyn directly. And if you add in things like competence which directly relates to Corbyn and his team. Nothing there screams Labour should just become socially Conservative. And I believe that they will have a far better shot with a leader who people could imagine as PM...which for me is the test Nandy and Phillips fail.

But but but........you sound like a small boat setting off 😉

You can't have it both way like when you said more people voted indirectly in the MEP job last year and the recent GE......make your mind up Cyril 😉

35 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You only want Starmer as he’s a rejoiner

Electing a Labour Leader is controlled by the Members, the NEC and the Unions, David Miliband was the obvious choice a while back but he got stabbed in the back and we ended up with ‘goofy’

Once Ed had fucked up it was a choice between Cooper, Burnham, Kendal and his holiness JC, anyone of the first 3 would have been a decent choice but no, Momentum rigged it for Jezzer, the rest is history

This time round Momentum and the loons may not have as much power as 2015 but they should see their choice elected, Wrong Daily, I suspect

Five to ten years of navel gazing for ‘ The Working Class Party’ I feel

Meanwhile........

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wonderful to hear Tony Benn talking sense, wonder what he’d make of this Labour Party. Apologies for including amd inflicting Thornberry on folk. 

Tony Benn was a democrat who had the EU's number right from the very start. It'd have been interesting if he'd been around in 2016. Awkward for the democracy denying remoaners. Benn was a democrat. They are not by their own appalling standards of the last three years. 

46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Plenty of Tory voters who joined for a couple of quid also voted for JC allegedly.

Maybe they'll go for thornberry this time.

Starmer

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do you reckon they'd try to get him in?

Surely little piggy face would be worse.

“Tallest dwarf” was never more apt

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If momentum does maintain its grip, then the words of one of Blair's men in Durham may come to fruition. He said they will have to set up a new party to get back to proper traditional values.

'New, oldish labour" perhaps!

Continuity Labour

19 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If the theory that Corbyn supporters will united unanimously behind someone holds it will. But evidence suggests some in momentum might back Keir. 

Good to see Starmer going north to launch his campaign (Stevenage being north of Watford).

Let’s hope Labour get this appointment right, whether you are labour, Tory or neither of them.

Saying that let’s hope Boris and chums get the next five years right again regardless of your allegiances.

A strong government and opposition would be good for all.

Tories paying £2 and fucking up the labour leadership vote would appear to be knobs for reasons above imo

17 minutes ago, tomski said:

Let’s hope Labour get this appointment right, whether you are labour, Tory or neither of them.

Saying that let’s hope Boris and chums get the next five years right again regardless of your allegiances.

A strong government and opposition would be good for all.

Tories paying £2 and fucking up the labour leadership vote would appear to be knobs for reasons above imo

I see Nandy as by far the best candidate.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If momentum does maintain its grip, then the words of one of Blair's men in Durham may come to fruition. He said they will have to set up a new party to get back to proper traditional values.

'New, oldish labour" perhaps!

Have they got Chukka’s phone number

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Is Dianne Abbott not throwing her hat into the ring? I'd love her to just for the comedy value but feel that her reticense to do so speaks volumes about her.

She’s done the math and.....

23 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I don't know what you base that assertion on, and it's certainly not my view.

You think Nandy has what it takes to turn Labour round and win a GE, deal with International Leaders and lead us to the sunny uplands, I can’t see any of that ability in her.

She did vote for TM’s deal but I don’t think the veiw of Leavers in  Wigan was represented by her, she kept her seat on the strength of traditional Labour voters who couldn’t make the jump to Conservatives, yet.