Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Of all the analogies I’ve heard, that it is the worst.😊

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Brexit has fucked up my life more than most on here. I have business interests in the Czech Republic. I know more than most the impact that it’s had. I’ve moved on. Nothing that you or anyone on here says will change the result. 

So we should never mention it again? We should never point out what a bunch of lying cunts we've got in Government? I'm not sure I understand your point. We've all "moved on" and carried on with our lives, haven't we? People who highlight the failures of Brexit haven't quit their jobs and abandoned their kids.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

I don’t read any one newspaper. I read content online from various publications, left and right. Not sure what your opinion is by reading a few editions but I’m sure it’s content, as any other, will change regularly.

Me neither, I've never read one publication with alligience, and these days, I read whatever links i get sent and read everything with an open mind

As you say, The content changes 

The tone doesn't  

I used to read the News of the world for it's football coverage 

The rest of it's pages were a cess pit 

Used to read the guardian for it's football coverage and Charlie Brooker 

The rest was a bit too right on for me and their film critic seemed deliberately high brow 

Generally, I'd say it's easy to see a paper for what it is in terms of it's political leanings and target audience 

• Members
2 hours ago, Morizio said:

I find that interesting. 

What are you boundaries as to topics that discuss sexism for example?

Interesting? No discussion should be shut down. That is the very essence of the problem as the left side of politics attempts to do this all of the time through insult and innuendo hoping that the opponent will choose to beat a hasty retreat rather than go toe to toe.

You can raise every -ism you want. Freedom of speech has to be one of the pillars of a true democracy. You should revisit history and check what the nazis and the bolsheviks did. It started with measures you seem to be condoning and ended with concentration camps/gulags.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Interesting? No discussion should be shut down. That is the very essence of the problem as the left side of politics attempts to do this all of the time through insult and innuendo hoping that the opponent will choose to beat a hasty retreat rather than go toe to toe.

Are we not seeing the same issue from the right? They don't want to discuss any of the issues they cause, they just want to move on?

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So we should never mention it again? We should never point out what a bunch of lying cunts we've got in Government? I'm not sure I understand your point. We've all "moved on" and carried on with our lives, haven't we? People who highlight the failures of Brexit haven't quit their jobs and abandoned their kids.

You can call this and the next government a lying bunch of cunts all you like. Brexit happened. Like you, I didn’t like it. Unlike you, I accepted it. It’s called democracy. People talk about a divisive society. It’s divisive  because people don’t accept democracy. The democratic vote of a nation is more important than my or anyone else’s personal problems. Carry on highlighting the failures if it makes you feel better. It won’t change anything.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

You can call this and the next government a lying bunch of cunts all you like. Brexit happened. Like you, I didn’t like it. Unlike you, I accepted it. It’s called democracy. People talk about a divisive society. It’s divisive  because people don’t accept democracy. The democratic vote of a nation is more important than my or anyone else’s personal problems. Carry on highlighting the failures if it makes you feel better. It won’t change anything.

In what way do you think I haven't "accepted it"? Because I still talk about it? Do you never talk about anything ever again once it's happened?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Do you ever comment on a post without a question? 

Yes. For someone who doesn't think we should talk about Politics, you don't half comment a lot in the Politics thread.

Edited by Cheese

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Yes. For someone who doesn't think we should talk about Politics, you don't half comment a lot in the Politics thread.

Where have I said we shouldn’t talk about politics? Actually that’s a question and I sound like you. Anyone can say whatever they like and also anyone can disagree with whatever anyone says. That’s normal, isn’t it?

Shit, another question.

• Site Supporter

“Let’s move on”

Yet I know grown men who go to Glasgow to “watch football” but spend their entire weekend rattling on about Bobby Sands.

Moving on is extremely subjective.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

“Let’s move on”

Yet I know grown men who go to Glasgow to “watch football” but spend their entire weekend rattling on about Bobby Sands.

Moving on is extremely subjective.

‘Moving on’ could now be as boring as Brexit. Here’s to the next 6 years.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Where have I said we shouldn’t talk about politics? Actually that’s a question and I sound like you. Anyone can say whatever they like and also anyone can disagree with whatever anyone says. That’s normal, isn’t it?

Shit, another question.

I'm just curious as to how you think I haven't "moved on" from Brexit, but you have. That's all.

8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

‘Moving on’ could now be as boring as Brexit. Here’s to the next 6 years.

Brexit happened six years ago. A bit rich you saying it’s boring so we should move on when you were rattling on about 70’s strikes a few days ago😀

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Brexit happened six years ago. A bit rich you saying it’s boring so we should move on when you were rattling on about 70’s strikes a few days ago😀

You forgot the BOOM.

9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I was referring to historical events that may recur again. ‘Rattling on’ is a phrase I’ll use for people talking relentlessly about Brexit. It’s better than boring. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

I was referring to historical events that may recur again. ‘Rattling on’ is a phrase I’ll use for people talking relentlessly about Brexit. It’s better than boring. Thank you.

Ok great. Let us know which events that apply to as I didn’t get sent the memo. Cheers

3 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

There are some people who voted remain and accept that it’s now done and we have to make the most of it, like me. It’s been 6 years. I didn’t like it then, I don’t like it now. Will there be a day when it won’t be mentioned? I’ve seen blokes and women being chucked get over it quicker.

Shouldn’t a champion of free speech and free discussion be welcoming of people discussing this topic? 

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You can raise every -ism you want. Freedom of speech has to be one of the pillars of a true democracy. You should revisit history and check what the nazis and the bolsheviks did. It started with measures you seem to be condoning and ended with concentration camps/gulags.

If you could shape the world exactly as you want, what would it be like?