Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

And that is just one of the many reasons Penny Mordaunt wouldn't touch Bolty's brand of loonbag personal ragtag collection of politics with a bargepole.

I have to say, as I want Labour to win the next election, she is the one candidate I don't want to win the leadership contest. I think the others can be dealt with pretty well by their protection of Johnson and the catalogue of complete fuck ups throughout the last 12 years. 

She's from a middle class background, first to go to university, people will spuff over her connections to the Navy (and she's wisely making a lot of that) hasn't yet made any really stupid gaffs in public, has a sense of humour, she is the epitome of middle England...

However, what does she actual stand for - her pitch is sort of social liberalism but with an overtly nationalistic bent to appeal to well...the bolty's of the world and she made some really odd comments during the vote on Brexit, but again not sticking to her.

She knows how to win with her work with Bush and she is currently ahead with the Conservative members as they know the more senior guard are not trusted anymore by the public.

I think I've said similar, I too would like a Labour Government and would therefore want a posh boy buffoon as PM. If I was the opposition I would love to square off with Sunak at PMQ... my first question would be how many loaves of bread are there in your house this morning? and when he gets onto law and order I'll simply ask him if he has been in trouble with the Law recently.., piece of piss to take him apart and I haven't even mentioned tax!

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well at least if she gets in we can settle into the normal right vs left on here.

It's been disconcerting having everyone apart from the nutty fringe want a Tory PM out.

I’d just be happy with someone who isn’t a complete fucking eccentric spacker glaring into my living room most days, talking utter catshit.

Having a decent rack doesn’t hurt either. The Baltic countries have a couple of leaders who are easier on the eye than the usual grizzled chops.

• Members

Well, what a launch speech. Hairs standing up on the back of the neck.

Simple equation - select her now and win the next GE. The party knows it, I know it, you all know it and the Labour party definitely knows it.

Mordaunt v Starmer would be like watching Real Madrid v Rochdale.

2 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Simple equation - select her now and win the next GE. The party knows it, I know it, you all know it and the Labour party definitely knows it.

Starmer = Rochdale

whats rayner then😀

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Correct.

Its not all about her either, she actually recognises that.

Be good to have a government that may be free to govern without several tons of shit being dragged behind it by an utter bellend.

14 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

You need to get out more mate.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Remember when you said Theresa May was "a good un"?

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

As much as I’m not getting as giddy as old Bolts

Surely it’s a relief to be looking at a future without Johnson?

A future led by people who have spent the last few years propping him up.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

As much as I’m not getting as giddy as old Bolts

Surely it’s a relief to be looking at a future without Johnson?

Yep, but seems she's partial to the old bullshit too.

She describes herself as part of the Navy which is fucking stretching it a touch.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

A future led by people who have spent the last few years propping him up.

I’m happy to give her a chance. I don’t know enough about her and the little I do know is hardly horrendous.

The moment Johnson entered Parliament, it was dangerous. He was a known, proven and unapologetic wanker from the off.

At worst, Mourdant has buffed up her CV. Who hasn’t? (Well, me, but I’ve never had one to be honest)

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m happy to give her a chance. I don’t know enough about her and the little I do know is hardly horrendous.

The moment Johnson entered Parliament, it was dangerous. He was a known, proven and unapologetic wanker from the off.

At worst, Mourdant has buffed up her CV. Who hasn’t? (Well, me, but I’ve never had one to be honest)

Doesn't matter really. Johnson has done enough damage to ensure the next PM will have a fucking nightmare to deal with. A bit of honesty and integrity would be welcome, but I doubt Mordaunt will bring that. Nor Sunak.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Doesn't matter really. Johnson has done enough damage to ensure the next PM will have a fucking nightmare to deal with. A bit of honesty and integrity would be welcome, but I doubt Mordaunt will bring that. Nor Sunak.

I’m prepared to give her a chance. Not convinced Sunak is much cop though.

Look on the bright side, Mogg has stated that he’d only be in a cabinet run by Truss. Every cloud Fromage

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

I’m prepared to give her a chance. Not convinced Sunak is much cop though.

Look on the bright side, Mogg has stated that he’d only be in a cabinet run by Truss. Every cloud Fromage

There is no bright side Araignée.

Depends on who gets the voters from Braverman and Kemi if they lose out, which they probably will. For me it’s either PM or Liz Truss so I suppose it’s down to which the MPs consider has the best chance at the next election. I can’t see Rishi not getting into the final two so it should be all to play for. I do like PM but her woke and net zero sides worry me.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Depends on who gets the voters from Braverman and Kemi if they lose out, which they probably will. For me it’s either PM or Liz Truss so I suppose it’s down to which the MPs consider has the best chance at the next election. I can’t see Rishi not getting into the final two so it should be all to play for. I do like PM but her woke and net zero sides worry me.

Why?

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Why?

“Woke”

A term used by somebody to describe something they don’t like when they lack the imagination and cognitive ability to explain what and why.