Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Spider said:

“Woke”

A term used by somebody to describe something they don’t like when they lack the imagination and cognitive ability to explain what and why.

It's really is wank. It also annoys me that someone like Andrew Neil uses it so much as he is great when pressing politicians of all persuasions. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Spider said:

“Woke”

A term used by somebody to describe something they don’t like when they lack the imagination and cognitive ability to explain what and why.

Fucking bizarre innit.

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well at least if she gets in we can settle into the normal right vs left on here.

It's been disconcerting having everyone apart from the nutty fringe want a Tory PM out.

Left v Right. 

53 58. Deffo down from their peak but still worthy of a go

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Well, what a launch speech. Hairs standing up on the back of the neck.

Simple equation - select her now and win the next GE. The party knows it, I know it, you all know it and the Labour party definitely knows it.

Mordaunt v Starmer would be like watching Real Madrid v Rochdale.

I'm claiming that as Maggie Mark III 🙂

I suppose a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

I really can’t take Rishi seriously I’m afraid. I mean he’s tiny and in fact for those who are old enough to remember him, he walks like Norman Wisdom with that silly grin on his face. All he needs is a plank and I don’t mean Boris. At least Penny looks the part and surely must get into the last two.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I really can’t take Rishi seriously I’m afraid. I mean he’s tiny and in fact for those who are old enough to remember him, he walks like Norman Wisdom with that silly grin on his face. All he needs is a plank and I don’t mean Boris. At least Penny looks the part and surely must get into the last two.

I hate to break it to you, but he's going to win.

• Site Supporter

I don't give a fuck how tall, short, fat, thin, brown, black, white, green with purple spots. I don't care if they are rich (a given really with this lot) or poor but fucking hell just have some decent honesty. Is that really too hard to find? Oh and competence would help - stage left fucking Truss.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Winchester White said:

I don't give a fuck how tall, short, fat, thin, brown, black, white, green with purple spots. I don't care if they are rich (a given really with this lot) or poor but fucking hell just have some decent honesty. Is that really too hard to find? Oh and competence would help - stage left fucking Truss.

Yep

Whitesince63 is stuck in that amusing rut whereby he’s relying on Daily Mirror headlines and “personalities”

Policies, honesty, ability to do a good job - all secondary to “the personality”

Mourdant is a clean (Ish) start for the Tories. I’m hopeful she could make politics dull again, which means they’re just getting on with the job.

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

Yep

Whitesince63 is stuck in that amusing rut whereby he’s relying on Daily Mirror headlines and “personalities”

Policies, honesty, ability to do a good job - all secondary to “the personality”

Mourdant is a clean (Ish) start for the Tories. I’m hopeful she could make politics dull again, which means they’re just getting on with the job.

But it’s personality that wins elections Spider old chap. Rishi has zero chance of being PM because the membership won’t vote for him. Mordaunt will be shown to be too left leaning when she’s properly challenged in the TV debates on the likes of trans rights, net zero and childrens issues, despite not being a mum. We need a proper Tory to win and for me that would be Kemi Badenoch but we know she won’t get enough MP support, neither will Suella Braverman, both of who would be my picks. If they could throw their weight behind Liz Truss, we might have a chance of a proper Conservative PM, if not and it’s between Mordaunt and Sunak, I think the Tory’s have made a big mistake.

I think in general the membership is a bit more centrist than the parliamentary party. It is interesting that the first few days when they have wanted to get MPs on board we have had a lot of stuff about Taxes, Defence, Thatcher, Union Flags etc.  I think when it gets further down the line and the members need impressing it will be the usual Health, Education and Policing stuff that is being talked about.  

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

But it’s personality that wins elections Spider old chap. Rishi has zero chance of being PM because the membership won’t vote for him. Mordaunt will be shown to be too left leaning when she’s properly challenged in the TV debates on the likes of trans rights, net zero and childrens issues, despite not being a mum. We need a proper Tory to win and for me that would be Kemi Badenoch but we know she won’t get enough MP support, neither will Suella Braverman, both of who would be my picks. If they could throw their weight behind Liz Truss, we might have a chance of a proper Conservative PM, if not and it’s between Mordaunt and Sunak, I think the Tory’s have made a big mistake.

2 hours ago you said this:

For me it’s either PM or Liz Truss” 

Now you want Badenoch. Or Braverman. Or Truss.

Or Sunak.

Or Mourdant if it’s earlier than 9pm

Tha’s puddled lad

6 hours ago, Traf said:

At the risk of being accused if giving a shit, which of these self-serving cuntwhisks is nearest to centre ground politically?

None really, well actually Hunt was the closest to a one nation Conservative and you see what the party think of that.

The Conservatives aren't keen on one nationism at the moment which is why you've got this gruesome mob all duking it out. I mean Fabricant is backing Mordant which tells you all you need to know about her - that and not having any policies apart from lower taxes which will come from.....dunno really, and I've a sneaking suspicion neither does she.

Ready4Rishi! Actually has some sensible economic policies but people don't like the fella, and when I say people I mean those that want to be told we can just hoover up all those lovely Brexit bonuses and cut tax overnight.

Tugenhat seemed to have boiled his head in the sun and went on a rather odd don't cut spending on defense rant yesterday that no one asked for (although I think it was because it allowed him to wang on about actually being in the proper army to stop Mordant taking away the misty eyed Falklands vote)

Truss is getting proper sweaty about being seen as Johnson 2.0, not helped by being helped by Rees-Mogg and Dorries. Kiss of death stuff.

The other nags might has well be shot in the stables for their worth.

Simply put, 'tis grim up Tory.

• Members
11 hours ago, Winchester White said:

It's really is wank. It also annoys me that someone like Andrew Neil uses it so much as he is great when pressing politicians of all persuasions. 

Now come on. You wokes have been using the 'owd, thick racist' jibe since Brexit. You curl up into a ball when the name calling comes from the other direction.