Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Rishi replacing Boris. 

Like being in a care home in the 1970's, lying on your bed feeling relieved that Jimmy Savile isn't visiting this weekend, but then you suddenly hear the sound of a didgeridoo echoing around the ward...

• Site Supporter

Against better judgement, I've read the last few pages on this thread.

I'm gobsmacked anyone can still defend the Tories and the shite trying to be next pm.

I'm equally as gobsmacked people think Kier or Rayner will be any better.

It's a race to the bottom but who will do least damage getting us there.

The biggest worry for me isn't which party will be in charge, but when will our adults start taking responsibility for themselves instead of wanting government to think for them and more importantly, pay for them.

There is so much wrong with government but until any party makes unpopular but necessary decisions, we are stuck in this mess.

Our citizens are as much at fault as the government for our mess.

Honestly, how could anyone vote for any of our current choices?

Can’t disagree with any of that Dave and Boris and Rishi have continued the “big government” theme. Sadly people are being more and more encouraged to rely on state support than doing it themselves but that’s the result of decades of poor government by all parties. Unfortunately I don’t see anybody in any party at the moment that will change it and certainly not in the motley bunch running for PM just now. It probably says it all that if Boris stood against the final two he’d probably walk it back to No10. 🥴

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Against better judgement, I've read the last few pages on this thread.

I'm gobsmacked anyone can still defend the Tories and the shite trying to be next pm.

I'm equally as gobsmacked people think Kier or Rayner will be any better.

It's a race to the bottom but who will do least damage getting us there.

The biggest worry for me isn't which party will be in charge, but when will our adults start taking responsibility for themselves instead of wanting government to think for them and more importantly, pay for them.

There is so much wrong with government but until any party makes unpopular but necessary decisions, we are stuck in this mess.

Our citizens are as much at fault as the government for our mess.

Honestly, how could anyone vote for any of our current choices?

Sums it up for me too. A rare voice of reason.

20 minutes ago, tomski said:

Aye. Very fair assessment but one set are proven clowns the other is speculation.

As I’ve said previously, the alternatives will eventually be open to the same scrutiny as the current incumbents. At the next election, it won’t just be about the leader, it will be the rest that will form a government. We know little about who Starmer will have in his team to form an alternative government. I haven’t seen anything to be optimistic.

8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

As I’ve said previously, the alternatives will eventually be open to the same scrutiny as the current incumbents. At the next election, it won’t just be about the leader, it will be the rest that will form a government. We know little about who Starmer will have in his team to form an alternative government. I haven’t seen anything to be optimistic.

And he won't get the easy ride Johnson did from the press.

8 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

And for that reason they should be given a shot.

Completely agree. Also with your below comment. They have disappointed me to an element as someone ‘good’ this should be no contest. 

That said all I’ve heard is ‘Starmer is boring’ and Rayner is a ‘slag’ 

Both probably created by the Tory loving dream machine that’s the press. I’d take boring everyday of the week over this crew and the Rayner stuff is in my opinion complete nonsense.

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

And he won't get the easy ride Johnson did from the press.

You think Johnson got an easy ride? It’s pretty much been daily criticism of him from day one. Most of it justified. Again, Labour and the others have had it easy because they are the opposition. Soon, they will have to show what they can offer. That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. They will then be subject to the same scrutiny as I’ve said many times before. Now isn’t the time though. The time will be before the next election.

Edited by BobyBrno

11 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

You think Johnson got an easy ride? It’s pretty much been daily criticism of him from day one. Most of it justified. Again, Labour and the others have had it easy because they are the opposition. Soon, they will have to show what they can offer. That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. They will then be subject to the same scrutiny as I’ve said many times before. Now isn’t the time though. The time will be before the next election.

He's had such an easy ride it's untrue.

It's only the past couple of weeks they've turned on him.

It's no coincidence that Paul Dacre is lined up for a peerage.

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Because Starmer isn't a massive cunt for one.

Come the next election, Johnson will be long forgotten. It won’t be about Starmer or whoever. It’ll be about the policies of each party. So far, Labours only policy has been to attack the government. It hasn’t been difficult. Eventually, they will have to show the electorate that they are capable of governing. They haven’t Shown that yet. 

• Site Supporter

Cobra meeting on hot weather ffs.

Wear shorts and tee shirt, drink plenty of water, keep out the sun most the day and pretend you're in the Algarve for 3 days until the rain on Wednesday.

Another example of the public wanting the government to do everything for them.

How many politicians do we need to wipe everyone's arse?

17 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Come the next election, Johnson will be long forgotten. It won’t be about Starmer or whoever. It’ll be about the policies of each party. So far, Labours only policy has been to attack the government. It hasn’t been difficult. Eventually, they will have to show the electorate that they are capable of governing. They haven’t Shown that yet. 

To be fair why wouldn’t you attack this government. They are turds. My only negative is they haven’t done it enough.

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Cobra meeting on hot weather ffs.

Wear shorts and tee shirt, drink plenty of water, keep out the sun most the day and pretend you're in the Algarve for 3 days until the rain on Wednesday.

Another example of the public wanting the government to do everything for them.

How many politicians do we need to wipe everyone's arse?

Society has changed hugely. On here is a good example.

There have always been rows on here but I can’t remember a time when childish name calling wins the day with calling someone gammon or snowflake.

I genuinely blame the tories who in my opinion have done what they do best and that is divide and conquer. They’ve played us all and to be fair as a public sadly we’ve lapped it up.

5 minutes ago, tomski said:

To be fair why wouldn’t you attack this government. They are turds. My only negative is they haven’t done it enough.

It’s their job to attack the government. I don’t have a problem with that. It’s also their job to offer an alternative. When will they do that?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Society has changed hugely. On here is a good example.

There have always been rows on here but I can’t remember a time when childish name calling wins the day with calling someone gammon or snowflake.

I genuinely blame the tories who in my opinion have done what they do best and that is divide and conquer. They’ve played us all and to be fair as a public sadly we’ve lapped it up.

Saw something the other day, after a major event, world wars, strikes, pandemics etc there's a massive lurch to the left as the public want wet nursing through it all.

Yes, the Tories are a shower of shit. I really do despair.

I ain't voting next time. I've had enough of it all. More important things going on within our 4 walls