Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good stuff.

Been quite controversial today, suggestions leader had lost his independence.

Today's amendment is (was) more effective than yesterday's.

It’s all still bollocks isn’t it mate ? 

A bit like the JCB “link” from last week.....crikey...that was piss poor............hahhaahaha......how desperate are the remaining lot ?

Fishing rod firmly entrenched on the bank now ....  Big Daddy is in the crowd :D

9 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

If you keep chucking the darts at the board eventually you'll hit the bullseye. You have covered every possible outcome with your soothsaying so no doubt you will claim you predicted the final scenario. 

I’ve always insisted a deal will be done, nothing more nothing less, can you point out all the other darts I’ve chucked? If you can’t, please stop talking bollocks. 

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

It’s all still bollocks isn’t it mate ? 

A bit like the JCB “link” from last week.....crikey...that was piss poor............hahhaahaha......how desperate are the remaining lot ?

Fishing rod firmly entrenched on the bank now ....  Big Daddy is in the crowd :D

You know, as truly ridiculous and horrible the treatment of Soubry by those individuals was, I couldn't help smiling when she referred to them as being undemocratic. The irony.

And a shame, as generally I think she, Grieve etc are decent.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You know, as truly ridiculous and horrible the treatment of Soubry by those individuals was, I couldn't help smiling when she referred to them as being undemocratic. The irony.

And a shame, as generally I think she, Grieve etc are decent.

Spot on mate.....like Duck Egg touched on last night.

How many times have the likes of Soubry and that custard cream Owen Jones called folk Nazis etc in the last two and half years since they got hammered in the leave vote ?.....ooooh, the irony....they don’t like it up them do they ? ....soft cunts

Rod Stewart well and truly cast now :D

Actually, how many times have the babies on here called the realists Nazis in the last so many months ?

Fucking sheep aren’t they ?....And they call us thick ?......the irony is like Cheese’s shit Tesco trainers......

priceless.

Monkey see, monkey do............no wonder it’s left to us realists and Visionaries.......

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Spot on mate.....like Duck Egg touched on last night.

How many times have the likes of Soubry and that custard cream Owen Jones called folk Nazis etc in the last two and half years since they got hammered in the leave vote ?.....ooooh, the irony....they don’t like it up them do they ? ....soft cunts

Rod Stewart well and truly cast now :D

Actually, how many times have the babies on here called the realists Nazis in the last so many months ?

Fucking sheep aren’t they ?....And they call us thick ?......the irony is like Cheese’s shit Tesco trainers......

priceless.

Monkey see, monkey do............no wonder it’s left to us realists and Visionaries.......

" I have a dream..."

Go on mate, loud and proud:D

50 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Democracy is when folk vote for something and the politicians carry out that wish.  Currently what some politicians are trying to achieve is the opposite of democracy. 

Democracy is also when folk vote for MPs to represent them in Parliament and to hold the Government accountable for its actions.  Currently what some politicians are trying to do is achieve the opposite of democracy by frustrating the will of Parliament.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve always insisted a deal will be done, nothing more nothing less, can you point out all the other darts I’ve chucked? If you can’t, please stop talking bollocks. 

It's not bollocks, look back and you will see you have predicted pretty much predicted every possible permutation from leaving the EU but staying in the single market to leaving without a trade deal and everything in between. 

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Democracy is also when folk vote for MPs to represent them in Parliament and to hold the Government accountable for its actions.  Currently what some politicians are trying to do is achieve the opposite of democracy by frustrating the will of Parliament.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree.

In this situation the majority of MPs are of a differing view to the public that voted out. That's fair enough, but if they're not prepared to accept the vote, and back it or at least abstain, ( and continue to move against it), then I've no sympathy for them.

A real mess in the house that could damage trust for a long time to come.

7 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

It's not bollocks, look back and you will see you have predicted pretty much predicted every possible permutation from leaving the EU but staying in the single market to leaving without a trade deal and everything in between. 

Think your memory playing tricks. 

43 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Under normal circumstances I'd agree.

In this situation the majority of MPs are of a differing view to the public that voted out. That's fair enough, but if they're not prepared to accept the vote, and back it or at least abstain, ( and continue to move against it), then I've no sympathy for them.

A real mess in the house that could damage trust for a long time to come.

I agree to an extent, although I think the majority (not all) of the MPs accept the result of the referendum. Most just want a Brexit that works (as well as it can do) for the UK, rather than having a “no deal” Brexit or a “bad deal” Brexit.

I think we need to remember that the vote was not for any particular form of Brexit (hard, soft, a March 2019 departure etc.) nor how the issues raised by Brexit (Northern Ireland, single market, movement of people) would be dealt with. That was not on the ballot paper. It was simply a vote to leave the EU. The MPs in Parliament are looking to have greater control on how it is implemented, rather than leaving it to just the Prime Minister (well, her “Plan B”, given that “Plan A” is likely to fail).

I think that’s fair enough, isn’t it? Let the publicly elected House of Commons be involved in the Brexit process if the Prime Minister can’t get the right deal for this country.

46 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I agree to an extent, although I think the majority (not all) of the MPs accept the result of the referendum. Most just want a Brexit that works (as well as it can do) for the UK, rather than having a “no deal” Brexit or a “bad deal” Brexit.

I think we need to remember that the vote was not for any particular form of Brexit (hard, soft, a March 2019 departure etc.) nor how the issues raised by Brexit (Northern Ireland, single market, movement of people) would be dealt with. That was not on the ballot paper. It was simply a vote to leave the EU. The MPs in Parliament are looking to have greater control on how it is implemented, rather than leaving it to just the Prime Minister (well, her “Plan B”, given that “Plan A” is likely to fail).

I think that’s fair enough, isn’t it? Let the publicly elected House of Commons be involved in the Brexit process if the Prime Minister can’t get the right deal for this country.

The question was ‘ stay or leave’ binary, yes or no, how can leaving the EU be interpreted as half in half out, Remain MP’s know this but still choose to ignore the majority of voters and eventually the great unwashed will get another opportunity to express their view if we fail to leave

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

The question was ‘ stay or leave’ binary, yes or no, how can leaving the EU be interpreted as half in half out, Remain MP’s know this but still choose to ignore the majority of voters and eventually the great unwashed will get another opportunity to express their view if we fail to leave

The point is, i think, a good number of leavers wanted to stay in the single market

If that's not an option, then what

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Is this a wind up?

After all we have seen in the last two and a half years (and the still unresolved issues around Northern Ireland), you think that it's as simple as a binary "yes or no" and that the rest should flow straight from that. Less Moon Boy, more Moon Man. 

2 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

It was stated verbally by Cameron was it not that if the vote was to leave we would leave the single market and the customs union? As I recall it was also in the tax payer sponsored remain propoganda leaflet that every household recieved. 

6 minutes ago, tkonion said:

It was stated verbally by Cameron was it not that if the vote was to leave we would leave the single market and the customs union? As I recall it was also in the tax payer sponsored remain propoganda leaflet that every household recieved. 

Nobody told Boris Johnson.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-eu-referendum-single-market-brexit-a7104846.html%3famp

In fact, Boris' view on Brexit now is entirely different to the one he had at the time of the vote. One of the most public Brexit figures / politicians can't even convince himself he knows what Brexit he voted for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-claims-uk-voted-13823983.amp

6 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Is this a wind up?

After all we have seen in the last two and a half years (and the still unresolved issues around Northern Ireland), you think that it's as simple as a binary "yes or no" and that the rest should flow straight from that. Less Moon Boy, more Moon Man. 

The current shambles is due to the Brexit negotiations being run by a Remain PM, Remain majority in Parliament and a Remain Civil Service, this is not a democratic representation of the people who voted in the Referendum, you may be happy with that.

What would be your solution to the current situation?

3 hours ago, Moon boy said:

The current shambles is due to the Brexit negotiations being run by a Remain PM, Remain majority in Parliament and a Remain Civil Service, this is not a democratic representation of the people who voted in the Referendum, you may be happy with that.

What would be your solution to the current situation?

Keep trying to tell yourself that. 

The mess is because we have a government with no overall majority and a parliament as divided as the nation. Plus a government who seemingly have none of the requisite skills or knowledge or ability to actually achieve anything.

We've got our sovereignty back though...oh boy have we got that