Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
15 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Close my eyes to it?

Which part of I think the EU needs massive reform, are you not getting pal?

Which part of you thinking it making no fucking difference do you not get "pal"?

Maybe the break up of the two main blocs will bring a degree of change but I doubt it. Trough swillers the lot of them - only there for the comfy surroundings, fat salaries and fine lunches. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

• Members
14 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Are all Lib Dems, SNP and Green leave votes?

I think you meant Remain votes and, if so, of course mate. 100%. No one has any other reason to vote for them - they have no prior policy positions other than their Brexit stance and have never received a single vote from anyone ever. This is what the screechers would like you to believe.

On another note, I can announce that I have had absolute confirmation that BWFC will be purchased from KA within a month by a consortium headed up by Elvis Presley and Lord Lucan.

• Members

Fuck me gently. I knew he was a terrorist sympathising Marxist but that proves he is a champion fucking hypocrite.

He is now edging towards supporting a second referendum with 'Remain' on the ballot in the name of political expediency. What an utter cunt.

There are actually folk around who think this bozo could win a GE. Labour won't with him at the helm, that is for sure and certain.

5 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Fuck me gently. I knew he was a terrorist sympathising Marxist but that proves he is a champion fucking hypocrite.

He is now edging towards supporting a second referendum with 'Remain' on the ballot in the name of political expediency. What an utter cunt.

There are actually folk around who think this bozo could win a GE. Labour won't with him at the helm, that is for sure and certain.

He was a hardcore Brexiteer - until he became Labour leader.

But lets not pretend this is him alone. Boris was as pro-EU as they came till he saw a political chance to unseat Cameron.

Gove was pro-EU then a hardcore leaver - now a soft leaver. Will be pro-EU in a month if he thinks it will benefit him.

May was a remainer - then a leaver - then who knows?

Politics is riddled with self-opportunists. Corbyn is not even very good at that though. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He was a hardcore Brexiteer - until he became Labour leader.

But lets not pretend this is him alone. Boris was as pro-EU as they came till he saw a political chance to unseat Cameron.

Gove was pro-EU then a hardcore leaver - now a soft leaver. Will be pro-EU in a month if he thinks it will benefit him.

May was a remainer - then a leaver - then who knows?

Politics is riddled with self-opportunists. Corbyn is not even very good at that though. 

Indeed.

We need an authentic Brexiteer to take it from here

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

We need an authentic Brexiteer to take it from here

True, if they vote in another Remainer, then it really will be a farce and the deadlock will continue forever

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think only a general election is going to sort this out now, and we all know who’ll win that. 

I'm not sure that anybody will "win" it - I can't see any party getting an overall majority, or even close to it for that matter

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think only a general election is going to sort this out now, and we all know who’ll win that. 

Do we? Ashcroft poll suggests hung parliament. Not sure anyone knows what would happen.

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

hold on....you're not suggesting that Farage could become PM are you?!?!

• Members

I suspect that Sweep is right. I would love to see the Brexit Party romp a GE even though they have no other policies up to press. I would expect that they would develop conservative policies over the intervening period and sweep up a large proportion of the conservative and Leave votes. 

I would expect however some sort of distorted hung parliament with, horror of horrors, Red Jezza and the SNP calling the shots. What a fucking unmitigated disaster that would be - one that I suspect that the UK could never recover from such would be the carnage.

5 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

t’s a yes from me

The hard line Brexiteers will have to soften their rhetoric, there is no way we are leaving without a deal or we go to a general election and the very real prospect of a hung parliament. If that's the case revoking A50 comes firmly back onto the table to avoid this continual paralysis....be careful what you wish for! 

Edited by Salford Trotter

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

The hard line Brexiteers will have to soften their rhetoric, there is no way we are leaving without a deal or we go to a general election and the very real prospect of a hung parliament. If that's the case revoking A50 comes firmly back onto the table to avoid this continual paralysis....be careful what you wish for! 

We would only get to GE position if some Tory MP’s voted against their own party in a ‘no confidence ‘ vote

16 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

People keep quoting this meaningless statistic. 65% of Labour voters at last election were remainers. That has gone up now and according to polls between 70 and 80 % of people who will vote Labour are remainers. 

Yes Labour might lose some northern seats. But many of those have large enough majorities to withstand the loss of some votes. 

But if the majority of your vote wants one thing and you don’t give it them that is bad news. 

I've been looking at a couple of examples.

St Helens, which is 2 constituencies, was over 65% Labour in 2017. Conservatives were just under 25%, UKIP almost 4%, LibDems a little over 3% and Greens a little under 3%. But in the European election the Brexit Party had the largest share of the vote.

Exeter, a Labour beacon in the south west, with almost 62% in 2017. Cons had almost 33%, LibDems almost 3%, Greens almost 2%, and 2 independents totalled less than 300 votes.

In the Euro vote the totals were:

UKIP 954, TBP 10,042, Con 2,109, LibDem 7,236, ChUK 1,090, Green 9,742, Lab 4,395.