Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

50 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Benefit cheats, nothing to do with the EU ? How do a lot of them get here then ?

The Calais Jungle is a huge clue.....it’s always on the BBC.

How will the UK being out of the EU stop any of these benefits cheats arriving in Calais, which is in the EU?

Once there, the people at the Calais Jungle don’t buy a seat on the Eurostar or the next P&O crossing. How will us being out of the EU stop them stowing away in the back of a lorry?

On the main part, they are not from EU countries. How will us being out of the EU help us prevent non-EU migrants who have arrived on our shores?

4 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

How will the UK being out of the EU stop any of these benefits cheats arriving in Calais, which is in the EU?

Once there, the people at the Calais Jungle don’t buy a seat on the Eurostar or the next P&O crossing. How will us being out of the EU stop them stowing away in the back of a lorry?

On the main part, they are not from EU countries. How will us being out of the EU help us prevent non-EU migrants who have arrived on our shores?

Macron could well move the border to Dover in which case we will have a big problem

38 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Border controls ?

Get back in that shed you live in.

56 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Macron could well move the border to Dover in which case we will have a big problem

Stop dreaming P.

Macron won’t be in power for much longer.

I’m Native American blood as you know,  but please, enjoy your pipe dreams 

47 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Border controls ?

Get back in that shed you live in.

So, we don’t have border controls at the moment? As I said, the Calais Jungle residents don’t tend to hand over their passports before they jump into the back of an Eddie Stobart.

Back to my shed I go. It’s a nice shed - it has a house in the back garden.

49 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

So, we don’t have border controls at the moment? As I said, the Calais Jungle residents don’t tend to hand over their passports before they jump into the back of an Eddie Stobart.

Back to my shed I go. It’s a nice shed - it has a house in the back garden.

Is that a fact ?

And there’s me thinking they do.

As for the shed comment, you’ve been locked in it for too long.

Now, please toodle the fuck off to it again sir,

6 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Well, Neil did absolutely as I thought he would and had Boris well and truely over a barrel. 

Will it make a difference?

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

But the majority of those who have worked alongside him for years think he is. 

that is bollocks, not one of the MPs who worked for him in the FO voted for him in the first round. He is a liability and here is the  testament of someone who knows him

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/let-me-assure-you-boris-johnson-will-fail-as-pm-hl7b6tkx5

Edited by Salford Trotter

• Members

Just ignore the toxic rants about Boris. The way of politics now I'm afraid. Why the fuck anyone would want to go into it these days (other than the obvious snout in the trough scenario) is beyond me. The creeping evil of social media has totally fucked politics. Given a voice to mindless morons who other mindless morons embolden thanks to "Likes", like (The Don excluded from this statement of course).

Trump, Brexit and countless others have braved this shitstorm of mainly left wing bastardry and prevailed. So will Boris.

6 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

exactly..he is a liability as he doesn't do detail. The responsibility of being PM is huge and he is simply not up to it

Why not give him a chance?

6 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

exactly..he is a liability as he doesn't do detail. The responsibility of being PM is huge and he is simply not up to it

Andrew Neil is without doubt the most forensic and well prepared political interviewer on tv at the moment, his own reputation was on trial during these two interviews.

In these days of media overload if a Politician says or infers any opinion it will be twisted by his opponents to mean the opposite

Andrew Neil bullied Hunt and set his own agenda, Hunt wasn’t strong enough to deny Neil the answer he was trying to get.

With Boris, yes he tripped him up with ‘paragraph 5c’, which in the end was hardly relevant, but Boris would not be brow beaten by his adversariy, which is exactly what the U.K. needs at the moment, someone who will fight for Great Britain on the world stage

For any Politician to say what they really think nowadays can lead to more shit being thrown at them, actions speak louder than words, Boris will be hung out to dry by his own Party if he fails to achieve what he says he will.

13 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Andrew Neil is without doubt the most forensic and well prepared political interviewer on tv at the moment, his own reputation was on trial during these two interviews.

In these days of media overload if a Politician says or infers any opinion it will be twisted by his opponents to mean the opposite

Andrew Neil bullied Hunt and set his own agenda, Hunt wasn’t strong enough to deny Neil the answer he was trying to get.

With Boris, yes he tripped him up with ‘paragraph 5c’, which in the end was hardly relevant, but Boris would not be brow beaten by his adversariy, which is exactly what the U.K. needs at the moment, someone who will fight for Great Britain on the world stage

For any Politician to say what they really think nowadays can lead to more shit being thrown at them, actions speak louder than words, Boris will be hung out to dry by his own Party if he fails to achieve what he says he will.

The remainers are in a huge flap now because a leaver is about to get into number 10. A World War 2 pilot once said "You know you're getting close to the target because that's when the flak increases". There's flak flying all round Boris just now. The leave camp is getting closer to the target. They do not like it.

Hunt is more credible and has a far better chance of making brexit happen. He is the PM I would fear as a remainer.

Boris is an embarrassment. He could not answer any of Neil's questions, did not know the details of the GATT24 policy and had his stats about crime figures in London completely dissected. He also continuinely missed the point about contributing to the UK ambassador resignation. He was out of his depth.

23 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

He will get the chance and he will be exposed for the bumbling fool that he is. Let's face it, if it wasn't for Brexit he wouldn't get anywhere near No.10. 

No, you aren’t giving him a chance. How can you say he’s a shit PM until he is a PM?

And what happened to the British sense of fair play?

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

The remainers are in a huge flap now because a leaver is about to get into number 10. A World War 2 pilot once said "You know you're getting close to the target because that's when the flak increases". There's flak flying all round Boris just now. The leave camp is getting closer to the target. They do not like it.

Is this same guy that was almost a remainer? 

36 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

No, you aren’t giving him a chance. How can you say he’s a shit PM until he is a PM?

And what happened to the British sense of fair play?

Did you read the article i posted? If so, you wouldn't be asking that question. If not, i suggest you read the article