Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

17 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Did you read the article i posted? If so, you wouldn't be asking that question. If not, i suggest you read the article

From The Times?

I can't access it.

7 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

From The Times?

I can't access it.

Telegraph... Let me see if i can find another link.... Edit: the Times

I can't find the full article but there are some references to it in these links

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brian-reade-boris-johnson-shallow-16196976

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/06/supporting-boris-johnson-desperate-mps-know-they-are-backing-idle-lying

Edited by Salford Trotter

Ooh, we haven't had a shoehorned World War II reference for a few hours...good work, PH.

And 'Grey Owl' Miami, 'pipe dream' is derived from those partial to the poppy - opium dens and the like, wrong Asiatics, fingering the 1st Nations.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

10 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I can't find the full article but there are some references to it in these links

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brian-reade-boris-johnson-shallow-16196976

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/06/supporting-boris-johnson-desperate-mps-know-they-are-backing-idle-lying

I mean, I'll always keep an open mind to what the likes of Heseltine and you say, but, I'm happy to judge on what he achieves/dosen't achieve as PM. Everyting else is tittle tattle.

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I mean, I'll always keep an open mind to what the likes of Heseltine and you say, but, I'm happy to judge on what he achieves/dosen't achieve as PM. Everyting else is tittle tattle.

Johnson has form over decades and he isn't going to change now, if you think otherwise then your head needs a wobble. In my opinion he won't deliver Brexit on 31st October and he will use his weasel words to appease the Tory supporters. How will you react if he doesn't deliver on 31st October? 

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

Is this same guy that was almost a remainer? 

Where's your "mood change" gone? I'm sure you're cheering on Dominic Grieve and his frantic dealings - but we are leaving the EU. You're still in need of grief counselling.

We'll probably leave without a deal because Bozo Boris can't afford not to leave on 31st October.

We'll probably be reapplying for admission, even with all the caveats (Schengen, Euro etc.) before the 20's are out...

Some party or other will campaign a GE on such a ticket and get in, carried on a wave of votes of those sick of a decade of penury*.

It'll have the few remaining Brexiters who aren't perpetually bewildered in nursing homes or who haven't pegged it spitting their Werthers out in disgust and kicking their cat(s).

* and bullshit excuses this is somehow due to 'remain' folk.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

18 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Embarrassing. 

:lol:. it is like a parody, very funny. 

I love how he says "get the detail right Andrew" and then 30 seconds later has to admit he has no idea what 5c is. I bet the EU can't wait until this joker turns up.

20 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Where's your "mood change" gone? I'm sure you're cheering on Dominic Grieve and his frantic dealings - but we are leaving the EU. You're still in need of grief counselling.

Its not me you need to worry about, i'll be just fine whatever happens but you, if things don't go to plan, i am not so sure about

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Its not me you need to worry about, i'll be just fine whatever happens but you, if things don't go to plan, i am not so sure about

Indeed. The likes of paulhanley are going to be apoplectic if/when Boris requests another extension at the end of October. They're so easily hoodwinked by these charlatans, it would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Indeed. The likes of paulhanley are going to be apoplectic if/when Boris requests another extension at the end of October. They're so easily hoodwinked by these charlatans, it would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

You're ever so hysterical. You could do with getting off this thread for a while and going out to enjoy the Summer. 

We're leaving the EU. Say "Cheese" and smile at the camera. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Oh but I do worry about your welfare. To be in complete denial for more than three years is not good for you. I mean look at all that bitter  and hubristic democracy denying you've been doing. A nasty habit for someone who would view himself as "progressive" and "liberal" and "tolerant". 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

You're ever so hysterical. You could do with getting off this thread for a while and going out to enjoy the Summer. 

We're leaving the EU. Say "Cheese" and smile at the camera. 🙂

I know we're leaving the EU. How are you going to feel if/when we're still in on the 1st of November though? 

And you do realise you're replying to my posts while telling me I need to get out more, don't you? 

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I know we're leaving the EU. How are you going to feel if/when we're still in on the 1st of November though? 

And you do realise you're replying to my posts while telling me I need to get out more, don't you? 

I'm glad you know we're leaving. That's a significant milestone reached for you on this journey you are on.

Go out and enjoy Summer. I mean after all - in the mind of people of your ilk it'll be the last one before darkness falls and we enter that barbaric 90 per cent of the world that somehow exists outside the EU.

Toodle-pip, Cheese. Summer's here! 🌞

2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

What is that daily Mirror link supposed to prove in regards to me saying the majority he has worked with will be voting him? 

It’s bizarre how someone on a football forum, thinks hes not fit to be PM but the people in the same party, the ones he’s worked alongside and the ones trusted to vote in the next PM think he is (that’s going off the polls/bookies etc) 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I'm glad you know we're leaving. That's a significant milestone reached for you on this journey you are on.

Go out and enjoy Summer. I mean after all - in the mind of people of your ilk it'll be the last one before darkness falls and we enter that barbaric 90 per cent of the world that somehow exists outside the EU.

Toodle-pip, Cheese. Summer's here! 🌞

OK paul. Enjoy. 

2 hours ago, royal white said:

What is that daily Mirror link supposed to prove in regards to me saying the majority he has worked with will be voting him? 

It’s bizarre how someone on a football forum, thinks hes not fit to be PM but the people in the same party, the ones he’s worked alongside and the ones trusted to vote in the next PM think he is (that’s going off the polls/bookies etc) 

Do you think any of the MPs would be influenced by the support has from the membership of the party? 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Many of us weren't that far off though.

It was a decision of balance, pros and cons etc.

What's important is having someone who will abide by the decision and work for the best interests of the country.

Whether Boris achieves this, time will tell.

3 hours ago, royal white said:

His fitness for office is being questioned in both articles by MPs that have worked alongside him and the descriptions they have of him are not flattering. It's nowt to do with me but i have an opinion based on these articles and other sources i have read. If you disagree with their opinions then show me the articles that say the contrary?

There is a reason why his team wouldn't allow him near the TV debates in the early part of the election because they know he is a liability. I have no doubt there'll be a few of those supporters looking for plum jobs in his cabinet

Edited by Salford Trotter

11 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

His fitness for office is being questioned in both articles by MPs that have worked alongside him and the descriptions they have of him are not flattering. It's nowt to do with me but i have an opinion based on these articles and other sources i have read. If you disagree with their opinions then show me the articles that say the contrary?

There is a reason why his team wouldn't allow him near the TV debates in the early part of the election because they know he is a liability. I have no doubt there'll be a few of those supporters looking for plum jobs in his cabinet

My opinion is based on the many conservative MPs who have been voting who they want to be the next PM (their boss). BJ has pissed every round. Now do you think that’s because he has a bit of a past or because they probably know who’s best/most capable for the job? 

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

My opinion is based on the many conservative MPs who have been voting who they want to be the next PM (their boss). BJ has pissed every round. Now do you think that’s because he has a bit of a past or because they probably know who’s best/most capable for the job? 

Because he is the only candidate in the final two that was a 'leaver' and promised to take the UK out on 31st October. Prior to that and in my opinion he was the MPs favourite because they felt he had some charisma that might appeal to voters not because he was the best candidate for the job, that is plain for all to see

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Because he is the only candidate in the final two that was a 'leaver' and promised to take the UK out on 31st October. Prior to that and in my opinion he was the MPs favourite because they felt he had some charisma that might appeal to voters not because he was the best candidate for the job, that is plain for all to see

So you feel that all those people, who most more than likely have known him and worked with him for years, wanted him to get the biggest most important job there is, one which could have a massive effect on their careers, because he had a bit of charisma.

That’s a cool story 

7 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

There you go again mate.....almost.

It didn’t happen, so it’s totally irrelevant, yes or no ?

Almost, could be, might be, chances are,  blah blah fucking blah....you lot have no definites have you ?

Get a grip and move on.