Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harrington Jacket.

leigh white

Also known as Bomber Jackets, saw them in my youth on away fans in the late 60s, by the time I tried to get one they had gone out of fashion, and ended up buying a crombie coat instead. So I thought I will get one this week, and look like a cunt trying to turn back the clock.

Edited by leigh white

Harrington jackets are not bomber jackets & never went out of fashion.

Steve McQueen wore one in The Thomas Crown Affair.

He wasn't a Skinhead and as far as I'm aware he wasn't a racist.

Sounds like someone has a little bit too much interest in Steve McQueen. My finger is poised over the Homo Alert button.

Think I might of forgot it did it kick off big style in manny road north?

It did,was in the corner when they thought Bolton fans were an easy touch, just payback when we got a kicking at Upton Pk in 77, to be fair not much happened after the game, brought a big mob down and never came in the pubs.

It did,was in the corner when they thought Bolton fans were an easy touch, just payback when we got a kicking at Upton Pk in 77, to be fair not much happened after the game, brought a big mob down and never came in the pubs.

Some scrap that was manny road held there own thankfully i was in the burnden paddock.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Had a maroon coloured one but was always looking for a Prince of Wales checked one never managed to get one ,still have one now think they were worn by American college kids and got it's name from a 60s soap opera called Peyton Place a character in it called Harrington,think Sinatra also wore one .

• Members

Great comments, the Cockneys called them flying jackets, West Ham flooded the embankment with the green version in 1980.

M1 flying jacket. Still beloved in the scootering community, especially by northern Scooterboys. Not for me but they seem to like them with beer towels and Paddy Smith patches plastered all over them.

Harringtons for skinheads and racists? FFS, shows how little some folk know. So named because of Rodney Harrington played by Ryan O'Neil in Peyton Place where the Brit public were first exposed. Original skinheads and rude boys (note - West Indian lads) wore them and they are still readliy available made by Merc and others.

Even that Northern Soul shop up in Clitheroe has racks and racks of em. Racists? Jesus H.

• Members

Had a maroon coloured one but was always looking for a Prince of Wales checked one never managed to get one ,still have one now think they were worn by American college kids and got it's name from a 60s soap opera called Peyton Place a character in it called Harrington,think Sinatra also wore one .

Apologies C - hadn't read this before I responded. You are right of course. If you still fancy a Prince of Wales check one, pretty sure any one of these will stock them:-

www,jumpthegun.co.uk

www.adaptorclothing.com

www.merc.com

• Site Supporter

M1 flying jacket. Still beloved in the scootering community, especially by northern Scooterboys. Not for me but they seem to like them with beer towels and Paddy Smith patches plastered all over them.

Harringtons for skinheads and racists? FFS, shows how little some folk know. So named because of Rodney Harrington played by Ryan O'Neil in Peyton Place where the Brit public were first exposed. Original skinheads and rude boys (note - West Indian lads) wore them and they are still readliy available made by Merc and others.

Love the irony in his moniker though Bolty.

Even that Northern Soul shop up in Clitheroe has racks and racks of em. Racists? Jesus H.