Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest V Barnsley

gonzo

Not looking forward either

Barnsley have offered free travel be backed in numbers

Forest surely won’t give a fuck

I keep thinking though they've nothing to play for that Karanka must still be looking at options, they're on about a huge clearout in summer so surely players will want to be giving their all to stay with the club

But then you see how absolutely shit they're playing

And then you find out he's best mates with Barnsley's manager...

I keep thinking though they've nothing to play for that Karanka must still be looking at options, they're on about a huge clearout in summer so surely players will want to be giving their all to stay with the club

But then you see how absolutely shit they're playing

And then you find out he's best mates with Barnsley's manager...

had a read what Barnsley fans are saying and they’re not optimistic one bit

Sounds like two out of sorts teams playing each other

had a read what Barnsley fans are saying and they’re not optimistic one bit

Sounds like two out of sorts teams playing each other

I keep thinking us and Barnsley could quite easily manage to lose all 5 of our remaining games between us, we're both as bad as eachother.

Real worry this game tonight though, would rather them be playing against almost any of the other teams in the league.

I keep thinking us and Barnsley could quite easily manage to lose all 5 of our remaining games between us, we're both as bad as eachother.

Real worry this game tonight though, would rather them be playing against almost any of the other teams in the league.

Barnsley will win at least one somewhere. Always the way. 

We must assume we'll need at the very least one win. I wonder if dropping into the bottom 3 might even help take some pressure off. Sometimes its easier to chase than be chased. Sometimes. 

If Barnsley fail to win tonight a raw at Burton may be enough to keep us up if we beat Forest. Reading and Birmingham could also lose their final two games. Loads of permutations yet but we must avoid defeat at Burton. Nerves will be shot by Saturday - gonna need shedloads of pre-match anesthetic.  

Unusually I'm not that nervous. I think because I'm at the point where I can't see next season being any better either way. Obviously I'd be ecstatic if we stayed up, but its only going to be more of the same. Love the club, but feels like I've been on the rat race for too long. 

Unusually I'm not that nervous. I think because I'm at the point where I can't see next season being any better either way. Obviously I'd be ecstatic if we stayed up, but its only going to be more of the same. Love the club, but feels like I've been on the rat race for too long. 

agreed

i honestly couldnt give a flying toss what league we are in but for the safeguarding of the club and easing of cash flow id obviously prefer where we are

poor champ club both on and off the field > poorer League 1 club who win some games. and we complain money is ruining football 

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Site Supporter

I'm with the last 2 posts. Would rather stay up than not if only from a money point of view for the club. The football will be just as bad or worse next season without investment in the championship. we would win a few more in league 1.

I personally want to see BWFC win games of football - I would be happier beating Accrington than losing to Derby next season.

Not the end of the world if we do get sunk

agreed

i honestly couldnt give a flying toss what league we are in but for the safeguarding of the club and easing of cash flow id obviously prefer where we are

poor champ club both on and off the field > poorer League 1 club who win some games. and we complain money is ruining football 

I guess the worry is this time if we drop, given our financial situation and the fact we don't own many of our players, we could easily drop again. I struggle to see us coming straight back up as we've nobody to sell to keep the club running unlike last time.

And a number of debts are due next season, alongside the loss of income.

The other side though is we'll have no chance of competing in this league without investment and next season will likely be even harder than this, given three will come down and none will do as badly as Sunderland. Plus I suspect Blackburn and Wigan will be better than Burton and Barnsley. 

Either way its not a pretty picture. Best to stop up, but that might just be delaying the inevitable. 

I guess the worry is this time if we drop, given our financial situation and the fact we don't own many of our players, we could easily drop again. I struggle to see us coming straight back up as we've nobody to sell to keep the club running unlike last time.

And a number of debts are due next season, alongside the loss of income.

The other side though is we'll have no chance of competing in this league without investment and next season will likely be even harder than this, given three will come down and none will do as badly as Sunderland. Plus I suspect Blackburn and Wigan will be better than Burton and Barnsley. 

Either way its not a pretty picture. Best to stop up, but that might just be delaying the inevitable. 

even if it does that circa extra £5m at least guarantees another half a season budget and the wolves being kept from the door

stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment i guess? winning games with the Bailiffs at reception or getting spanked but paying the bills

Edited by barrycowdrill