Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our next manager

gonzo

• 2 months later...

Has he (Bonnar) taken to smoking crack with a fentanyl chaser as well as his alleged pisscannery? Piss off back to City and Parkruns

Parky, some of the dogshit served up under Freedman aside, he's provided us with the worst carcrash wank in living memory.

Robbed a living, more of a fraud than Coyle.

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

After Bonnars tweet below, and he seems to think PP should remain because he's done a fantastic job!. I personally cannot imagine him here next season, but who would be the man to take us forward from here, and who would actually come and take the job?

(Bonnar tweet) If there's one thing Phil Parkinson has earned through this absolute car crash of last 3 seasons is the chance to continue in the job - if he wants to - and the chance to do so if and when he is ever given a level playing field to compete on with Wanderers. He's been outstanding

If Parkinson is here next season, I fear thousands won't. I don't think I could do another season watching the shite he serves up. 

8 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Any chance we could nick The Cowley Brothers from Lincoln City?

And as for Phil Parkinson, I'm going to quote my great great mate's late ex-boss Neil Holmes

"I'm not going to call you a cunt, I'm going to call you a double cunt" 

From what I hear don’t the Cowley brothers favour direct route football? 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

From what I hear don’t the Cowley brothers favour direct route football? 

It'd be like going back to the Allardyce years...

Bring it on. You say tomayto i say tomato

You say direct route football I say intelligent long pass

13 hours ago, Matthew1234 said:

Big question for me is where we go from Parki. It's evident we need change but I can't think of a single manager I would want. Could see us potentially going for Malky

Who on earth calls him Parki

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

A wonderful passing team would be great.  A successful long ball side would be too.

A slow, defensive, long ball, unsuccessful side who can't shoot let alone score is definitely the worst.

Fair summary. A good long ball side surrounds the target man and wins the second ball............we win very few second balls so I'm not sure what you would call PPs football.

Its been said a million times before...but during the SA era there were folk moaning about the "style" of football.

Truth is most people/fans are dicks and are never happy for more than a few years before they want something different.

I want to see us win games of football.....

If we don't win I want to see us work our bollocks off and compete....

.....and if the worst happened and we get twatted, I want the manager/coaching staff at least to have a Plan B and the players understand what that is.

Parky is very probably a lovely bloke, but his time here is long overdue.

Edited by jimmyjoojar

2 minutes ago, jimmyjoojar said:

Oh and getting beat week in, week out playing nice football would be really shit too.............

If it was a straight choice between getting beat watching nice football and turgid shit, the nice football for me.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjoojar said:

Oh and getting beat week in, week out playing nice football would be really shit too.............

I suppose it would be better than playing shite and losing every week like PP pulls off😂

Fwiw I only want to win games. How we do has always been a lot further down the list.

Lets assume next season we don't finish bottom 6 and we don't do a Luton or Linoln or Norwich. So we lose 3 or 4 at home, and 6 or 7 away, and have the usual smattering of disappointing draws that every team has. League position is fairly irrelevant when those days come along but the way we play does matter to me. If we are 1 down after 30 minutes are we already writing off the day, as we do now, or looking forward to seeing us put a team under pressure with half decent crosses, shots and headers. I just want some hope and to admire some attacking play, there will be crap results whichever way we play.