Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

@Howardroark Are there a number of other potential bidders for the club now that we are going into admin? 

Of course, in the right hands and with the right contacts, the assets have significant value. 

I would expect there to be a queue of 3-5 year ‘flippers’.

1 hour ago, BoltonBoy80 said:

I predict quite abit of bother next season. If we’re getting dicked by bury or Blackpool or even fucking trashmere and their fans are given it the big one. Frustration bound to boil over. Our points total may be low but our arrests rate won’t be. 

It's losing fixtures like this that's in the back of my mind. Stay up and avoid embarrassing games v these and I'd be happy enough. 

8 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It's losing fixtures like this that's in the back of my mind. Stay up and avoid embarrassing games v these and I'd be happy enough. 

gonna need a whole squad like 24-25 players. hope youth team dont get released in admin too might take alot of rebuilding then the likes of jimmy phillips  hope people like him get to stay on

52 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

One of the young lads here needed some practise with grabbing data and pivot tables and the like and he tells me that out of 106 clubs who have played league football in the last 10 seasons we have the 98th worst points per game and the 97th worst wins/games ratio.

He might well be wrong as he's a Blackburn fan and I'd be happy to pot him if he's made us look worse than we really are.

Pot him anyway

@Howardroark or anyone else who may know this - I'm a little bit confused over our legal representation today and wonder if someone could enlighten me please (and the potential consequences of it?).

I understood Hillary Stonefrost represented us again today, was that so?

Ms Stonefrost has stood for us going back to Eddies court dates BUT I thought the most recent appearances she was representing Anderson (I don't recall mention of anybody separately representing Filedraw/Moonshift/Eddies estate in more recent winder events?).

I was therefore surprised at the judges apparent observation of his surprise as to no legal representation from KA today?

Has Hilary been representing BOTH KA and Eddie up to today - BUT only Eddie for today - or has she been representing KA up to today but he didn't require her representation (or anyone else's today) but Eddie's estate did?

I guess where I'm going with this is, is Ken past caring and happy for the club to be liquidated?

Because If he his, it forces Eddie to either act to save it (and incur all the costs involved in the club by entering into Admin), or stand by and let it fall into liquidation too?

I assume if Anderson isn't worried about liquidation, then he mustn't be too worried what the Liquidator might find as to how legal (or not) his actions have been.

If he's confident enough to face liquidation then surely he holds the winning hand as presumably the costs involved in the club not being liquidated would fall on those not wishing it so - and there seems enough out there with enough interest and perhaps enough money for liquidation not to happen.

Am I deducing things correctly from the apparent fact that Ms Stonefrost wasn't representing KA or am I reading too much into it?

52 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Totally agree. Getting spanked at Rochdale, bury or Blackpool does not bare thinking about. They will be looking forward to playing us so much. 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

No. 

Ah ok, thank you.

(who spoke to the judge though?)

I guess my thinking still stands in that if Anderson isn't bothered about liquidation or what people might find from it, then he's in a far stronger bargaining position than those who don't want the club to face liquidation?

3 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Ah ok, thank you.

(who spoke to the judge though?)

I guess my thinking still stands in that if Anderson isn't bothered about liquidation or what people might find from it, then he's in a far stronger bargaining position than those who don't want the club to face liquidation?

Moonshifts legal person stood forward and proposed an intent to put us into administration! Ken sent no one! 

Similar with the hotel PBP (James) sent his legal guy to also propose an intent to put us into admin.. not ken! 

Ken did nothing! His statement today was a joke, EDT and James saved us today! Ken did nothing at all to save us from liquidation and he just blaming bassini for it all..

16 minutes ago, Jcookie said:

Moonshifts legal person stood forward and proposed an intent to put us into administration! Ken sent no one! 

Similar with the hotel PBP (James) sent his legal guy to also propose an intent to put us into admin.. not ken! 

Ken did nothing! His statement today was a joke, EDT and James saved us today! Ken did nothing at all to save us from liquidation and he just blaming bassini for it all..

Think Anderson will sit back and let others take the hit, by not having legal representation at court he’s shown what we all believe, that he has no feeling for the club 

13 minutes ago, Jcookie said:

I've been somewhat confused/misled with what Iles said on his blog earlier today -

Question to Iles - Morning Marc, who from the club will be present at the High Court today?

Iles reply -

8:05am

My money would be on Paul Aldridge - although that has not been confirmed. Hillary Stonefrost also fighting the good fight.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17625029.wanderers-live-latest-on-administration-and-high-court-hearing/

I'm still not sure if Hillary was there or not, and if she was, was she the barrister representing Moonshift exclusively, or was she not there at all and Iles had just made it up?

33 minutes ago, BoltonBoy80 said:

Totally agree. Getting spanked at Rochdale, bury or Blackpool does not bare thinking about. They will be looking forward to playing us so much. 

Blackpool and Bury especially. Avoiding defeat in those is essential but as things stand unlikely. I can't abide either. Younger Bolton fans often don't get the Blackpool thing. 

Just now, Sluffy said:

I've been somewhat confused/misled with what Iles said on his blog earlier today -

Question to Iles - Morning Marc, who from the club will be present at the High Court today?

Iles reply -

8:05am

My money would be on Paul Aldridge - although that has not been confirmed. Hillary Stonefrost also fighting the good fight.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17625029.wanderers-live-latest-on-administration-and-high-court-hearing/

I'm still not sure if Hillary was there or not, and if she was, was she the barrister representing Moonshift exclusively, or was she not there at all and Iles had just made it up?

Ian Firth on LOV twitter feed is worth a read Sluffy 

He confirmed Btw no Hillary Stonefrost today. A young lady represented Bolton. Don’t know who she is.

Just now, Benny The Ball said:

He confirmed Btw no Hillary Stonefrost today. A young lady represented Bolton. Don’t know who she is.

Was she called Howard?

19 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Blackpool and Bury especially. Avoiding defeat in those is essential but as things stand unlikely. I can't abide either. Younger Bolton fans often don't get the Blackpool thing. 

Wouldn’t mind meeting up with you next season Paul. Shout you afew beers for all these amazing vids you keep posting. 👍 

Just now, BoltonBoy80 said:

Wouldn’t mind meeting up with you next season Paul. Shout you afew beers for all these amazing vids you keep posting. 👍 

Happy to meet. No need to shout the ales though. This lot being shared is long, long overdue. Doing no good gathering dust in a box! 

27 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Think there might be a lot more Blackpool fans about next season than last few encounters now they've got their club back. Big weekend there.

We could have some early kick offs here and there, especially away.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Think there might be a lot more Blackpool fans about next season than last few encounters now they've got their club back. Big weekend there.

We could have some early kick offs here and there, especially away.

Aye. Its too early to assess in May but we look vulnerable. Avoiding an embarrassing do against these donkey botherers is top of my list. 

26 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Thanks Benny.

I've been out for most of the day on family business so had been trying to catch up quickly and took Iles blog as the fastest way to do it.  I thought at least he would have got the basics right.  Sorry to bother people over the esteemed one not getting his facts right once again.

I think the point I was trying to make still stands though, namely it doesn't seem Ken is overly bothered if a liquidator examines closely what has happened, maybe he's been more honest than he's been painted or maybe he simply couldn't give a toss about anything or anyone?  Both options give him an advantage when negotiating with others though, perhaps ultimately (and unfortunately) for the club and us.

Just now, Sluffy said:

Thanks Benny.

I've been out for most of the day on family business so had been trying to catch up quickly and took Iles blog as the fastest way to do it.  I thought at least he would have got the basics right.  Sorry to bother people over the esteemed one not getting his facts right once again.

I think the point I was trying to make still stands though, namely it doesn't seem Ken is overly bothered if a liquidator examines closely what has happened, maybe he's been more honest than he's been painted or maybe he simply couldn't give a toss about anything or anyone?  Both options give him an advantage when negotiating with others though, perhaps ultimately (and unfortunately) for the club and us.

To be fair to Iles - it was a fast moving story in the half hour preceding the court hearing and it was taken by all media outlets BBC Talksport Sky etc as soon as KA statement came out that we had gone into admin