Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Felt sorry for him. Foreign country, hardly speaks the language, dealing with not only the off field crap that no other team in the 92 have to put up with but also the most negative manager in the 92. Scored 2 of the best goals scored by a bolton full back in donkeys years. Form dropped off but always looked like he was over achieving in the first 3 months. Good luck to him getting a club, if he didn't hand his notice in he 's tied to a club for the foreseeable that effectively doesnt currently exist.

Deary me.My heart bleeds for him, he played shite for 90% of the season and got torn a new ringpiece on a regular basis.

The going got tough and he's fucked off as soon as he could.

Good fucking riddance imo.

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

He’s probably one of our few saleable assets so if he’s successful in handing in his notice then it won’t be doing us any favours in missing out on the transfer fee.  

How much do you think we'd get for him? 200K max I reckon plus his wages, right time for him to go.

13 minutes ago, Blondi said:

How much do you think we'd get for him? 200K max I reckon plus his wages, right time for him to go.

Owt is better than nowt at the minute really. Although it would save on his wages if he can leave pretty much straight away. 

52 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Seeing as though Olkowski looks like he's jumped ship, I would actually give Mark Little a new deal for RB,  he's played fook all this season, but under a different manager, he'd be ideal for League 1. Minus 20 points could be a problem like.

Be interested to know people's thoughts on points deduction.  Given we could expect to start League 1 with anything between a 12 and 30 point deduction, at what stage is a double relegation to League 2 preferable? 

Just now, HR said:

Be interested to know people's thoughts on points deduction.  Given we could expect to start League 1 with anything between a 12 and 30 point deduction, at what stage is a double relegation to League 2 preferable? 

Assuming it's around 20, we would need around 70 points to stay up, which is around playoff form, so I think it would still be very doable.

2 minutes ago, RedBloodzCell said:

Assuming it's around 20, we would need around 70 points to stay up, which is around playoff form, so I think it would still be very doable.

Yes but this also assumes there is adequate finance to completely rebuild the club from top to bottom in time for next season.  Let's not think League 1 would be a walkover given you could have Ipswich Sunderland Portsmouth and Charlton in there next season. 

2 minutes ago, HR said:

Yes but this also assumes there is adequate finance to completely rebuild the club from top to bottom in time for next season.  Let's not think League 1 would be a walkover given you could have Ipswich Sunderland Portsmouth and Charlton in there next season. 

True, I still think it would be a tough job, but definitely possible with the right recruitment. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RedBloodzCell said:

True, I still think it would be a tough job, but definitely possible with the right recruitment. 

Agreed, and if we were hit by a significant penalty, most would understand that promotion might be out of the question, but a period of rebuilding would be acceptable.

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think it's Olkowski who's pissed me off more than anyone this season.

He started so well, but once it became clear we were in for a struggle he didn't want to know.

As soon as he could jump ship, he has done.

Turd.

Agree 100% he’s a shit house. Which surprises me for a pole. 

35 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Agree 100% he’s a shit house. Which surprises me for a pole. 

Yeh, i always thought them  "Jam Rolls" had a bit of a work ethic..

It seems ours just had a shirk ethic.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Deary me.My heart bleeds for him, he played shite for 90% of the season and got torn a new ringpiece on a regular basis.

The going got tough and he's fucked off as soon as he could.

Good fucking riddance imo.

Mad how people see it so different with things on here. I’m agreeing with you by the way.

I think Messi would struggle at our club atm nevermind an average championship player. Some people think all a manager does is pick the formation and the players that play in it... Its complicated shit and parkie isn't upto the task at this level. 

H, if you are still active, a while ago you stated Bassini had the money because you were lending him the funds - you now say the issue with B is not the funds but where they originate from - strange comment ??. I  am rather impressed with your obvious knowledge of the ‘bigger picture’  but still struggle with why if you were a contender at owning a football club that involved multi million pound dealings you would post on an open forum unless there was skullduggery at play. Overall v impressed with your knowledge though, a very clever man/woman imho.

The delusion of football fans never more apparent than in this thread. We have no confirmed ownership, will almost certainly have less than 7 contracted senior players by July, likely to face a serious points deduction, possibly a transfer embargo, potentially have to run the club on fumes if we even have a club at all....yet play off form is ‘entirely possible’.

There’s months and months of sorting out here before you even start with the football side. And that’s once an owner is in place.

17 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The delusion of football fans never more apparent than in this thread. We have no confirmed ownership, will almost certainly have less than 7 contracted senior players by July, likely to face a serious points deduction, possibly a transfer embargo, potentially have to run the club on fumes if we even have a club at all....yet play off form is ‘entirely possible’.

There’s months and months of sorting out here before you even start with the football side. And that’s once an owner is in place.

So you’d prefer league 2 then? 

Totally agree with that. Next season could be a write off. Sorting the bigger picture is the best we can hope for. Or even having a club to support. No way now we can get a new owner in. Then new manager, who then needs to build a new team before the start of next season. With a possible -20 points to deal with we are right up against it.Hopefully a deal will be done before Wednesday then we can start being a football club again. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Replace ‘delusion’ with ‘blind optimism’ and I would agree with you. 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We won’t get to choose. We might finally find out what living within our means actually entails though.

That was his original question though wasn’t it, whilst we don’t get to choose (of course), what would you prefer? 

Mid ypu think safety is out of the question then surely you’d be of the opinion League 2 with a clean slate would be better 

In fairness, Blackpool have amassed 60+ points in League 1 with some very similar circumstances off field 

19 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We won’t get to choose. We might finally find out what living within our means actually entails though.

Meh. That’s implying it something we deserve. None of us have deserved KA