Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, boogs said:

Good point from Toto there. If max decides to take Lewis out next week then he wins championship as he has more wins. I wouldn't put anything past the fucker. 

I think the stewards might be ready for that. Can’t see that happening,

Having seen the interviews, strangely Toto seems to be a little worried about the fact the message hadn’t reached Hamilton. Something weird about the whole incident when you watch it back.

I expect they’ll just give everyone a talking to and leave it on level points - why wouldn’t they? Most exciting climax to any season ever.

Merc aren’t always clean. Fuck it, let’s have a shoot out.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, boogs said:

Good point from Toto there. If max decides to take Lewis out next week then he wins championship as he has more wins. I wouldn't put anything past the fucker. 

So save Botas for when that happens and then have him slow down, wait for MV to come round and then twat him.

• Members
2 hours ago, boogs said:

He’s a dangerous dangerous driver. 

11 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So save Botas for when that happens and then have him slow down, wait for MV to come round and then twat him.

I meant sacrificing himself at the same time as taking Lewis out. Schumacher style. 

To be honest, I doubt he would blatantly do that but it means he has a lot less to lose still with his "you avoid me or we crash" style of driving. 

Late to the party as been out all day

Shit track and dangerous. Russell’s accident showed how it could be lethal. It’s not good when so much time is spent on a red flag, behind a safety car or under VSC.

Max? Utter fucking bell. Don’t blame him when Lewis shunted him from behind. That’s F1’s communication problems but the other stuff he did was outrageous. Petulant cunt. He’ll kill somebody one day and needs a massive penalty some time to calm him down. Horner is a dick and does him no favours

Next weekend should be fun. Prost/Senna all over again

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bottas needs to have his qualifying boots on next week.

Get a Mercedes one two up top, then should Max try anything dodgy, smear the fucker's car across the track.

I’d say that’s the most likely outcome next week.

Bottas leaves Merc with a golden handshake worth a few million having shoved Verstappen into a tyre wall.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bottas needs to have his qualifying boots on next week.

Get a Mercedes one two up top, then should Max try anything dodgy, smear the fucker's car across the track.

Problem is Bottas is a good driver but Max is so much better even in the red bull he’s quicker than Bottas. That Merc is built for Abu Dhabi though and Red Bull pretty much have one driver 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

10 second penalty for Max which makes zero difference.

So they’re saying he’s guilty but no punishment?

If they’d DQ’d him and removed his podium finish it would take away the threat of MV wiping them both out to claim the championship on win-count back.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So they’re saying he’s guilty but no punishment?

If they’d DQ’d him and removed his podium finish it would take away the threat of MV wiping them both out to claim the championship on win-count back.

He braked heavily causing Lewis to crash into him, that was deemed to be a standard 10 second penalty. Load of shite but I suppose the powers that be want them fighting for the title next week.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Winchester White said:

He braked heavily causing Lewis to crash into him, that was deemed to be a standard 10 second penalty. Load of shite but I suppose the powers that be want them fighting for the title next week.

Move the penalty onto next week then.

A few Derby fans in the upper echelons of F1 perhaps?