Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

Guest Nordkurve
26 minutes ago, Spider said:

I thought they could apply for League 2?

we might be playing them next season

That's what I read on Sky Sports News earlier. To be honest though (and I know the same might apply to us) how can it be that they (and maybe us) can bypass the normal system of promotion and relegation ? I think there will be a fair few teams not happy with this. The likes of Notts County, Torquay United, Stockport County, Hartlepool etc. All teams relegated from the EFL the normal way.

3 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

That's what I read on Sky Sports News earlier. To be honest though (and I know the same might apply to us) how can it be that they (and maybe us) can bypass the normal system of promotion and relegation ? I think there will be a fair few teams not happy with this. The likes of Notts County, Torquay United, Stockport County, Hartlepool etc. All teams relegated from the EFL the normal way.

They’ve got it wrong. Clubs don’t apply for a place in a particular league, you apply to the FA for a place in the pyramid, who then allocate a league to you and you then begging speaking to that particular league. There is zero chance they will get placed in to League Two. I’d be amazed if they were placed higher than the North West Counties. 

On 26/08/2019 at 09:46, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Crausby and/or his staff are twats. Apparently he was a nob whilst in a previous career.

Anyroad, any one going?

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/volunteers-needed/

On 26/08/2019 at 16:36, frank_spencer said:

Used to work at Walmsleys with my dad he's never said a bad word about him.

On 26/08/2019 at 18:20, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know, I got my info also from a former colleague of his at walmsleys.

I'm paraphrasing, but he referred to crausby as a lazy, shit stirring union type.

Known him for  15 -20 years , know some of his family  ,  dont subscribe to his politics ,  but let me tell you he's a very decent bloke , fully aware, supportive and sympathetic to whats going on with BWFC , in fact last time I saw him a few months back that was all we talked about . 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, tomski said:

Why do they let muppets control clubs higher up? I know there is no definitive answer but non league are as guilty as the league for screwing over clubs. Also I suspect sadly some non league club/s will go to the wall. 

I hope it doesn’t happen obviously Bury would cause mayhem all over the show. I feel sick saying it but if it was us x10

Someone will go bang in the pyramid, it happens every year, it was North Ferriby last year. But I don't think the non-league screw clubs over, they simply don't have the resources other than to allow clubs to run themselves. There is no fit and proper test etc.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Someone will go bang in the pyramid, it happens every year, it was North Ferriby last year. But I don't think the non-league screw clubs over, they simply don't have the resources other than to allow clubs to run themselves. There is no fit and proper test etc.

Typically delusionists take over minor non-league clubs, buy a couple of years success and then either run out of funds, lose interest, or switch to a higher club.

North Ferriby is such an example but there are plenty others.

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

when Gil Vicente FC got chucked out of the portugese league top flight , it all went to court and years later they won their place back. 

they got auto promoted from the third division. an extra team got relegated to make up the space. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Primeira_Liga .. 

Edited by e2e4
add url for info

I feel like it's a bereavement and it's not even my club. Am at work and struggling to concentrate (even more than normal). When someone dies & you (unreasonably) feel like nobody should be having fun, I feel like everyone in office should be sombre. No way I'm going to go in work in 2 weeks if it's us next.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Known him for  15 -20 years , know some of his family  ,  dont subscribe to his politics ,  but let me tell you he's a very decent bloke , fully aware, supportive and sympathetic to whats going on with BWFC , in fact last time I saw him a few months back that was all we talked about . 

He may well be supportive of bwfc. However, if he nor his staff can't be bothered to reply to correspondence, then he isn't fit to be an MP.

• Site Supporter

I didn't think for a minute that the executioner would act so swiftly. 

The news articles are showing grown men almost in tears for the loss of their club. I'm actually feeling sorry for them, despite my earlier claim that I couldn't give a fuck about them. I really couldn't when I thought they'd survive by the skin of their teeth. Now that they're gone, it's made our own predicament that bit more real.

Back to their feeling the same as a bereavement, I'm now feeling our own situation like a family member on their death bed; still hoping against hope for a cure to secure their recovery.

Their MP is working his bollocks off for their cause.

Earlier today we’ve appealed to the #EFL against their decision to expel @buryfcofficial from the League. The EFL have proof of funds from a further credible global organisation with bid agreed with owner Steve Dale. Bury FC can be saved. Speaking to Gov Minister shortly

5 minutes ago, L/H White said:

As someone said, the ideal scenario for them would have been suspended for the season, and start in league 2 next season if they had all their ducks in a row, proper kneejerk from the EFL, and now set a precedent that will probably see a house of cards scenario

I'd be skipping if that could be arranged for Bury (or us if that's the best we can do) BUT it would set a precedent for skint clubs to say "sod this season, let's sack it, terminate everyone's contracts, and come back next season".  I may be mistaken its that simple but where's the incentive for a team resigned to relegation (even this early in the season) to complete the season and just as or more importantly pay their players?  Arguably they would have an advantage the next season in starting with a clean slate/no debt.  

In my 40 odd years supporting Bolton we've not played Bury that often but such was their impact in the games in the 1980s that I've always been wary of fixtures against them. They hated us and often caught us on the hop with their intensity when we played them. None more so than the 1-4 Craig Madden inspired home defeat against them in 1985, the first time we'd played them in a decade and a half. I enjoyed our play off win against them and the 4-0 home win in 1998. And also in finally winning at Gigg Lane a couple of years ago. Now they're gone its hard to know what to feel about that span of history. I hope we don't join them. I hope they're back in the EFL soon. 

19 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

In my 40 odd years supporting Bolton we've not played Bury that often but such was their impact in the games in the 1980s that I've always been wary of fixtures against them. They hated us and often caught us on the hop with their intensity when we played them. None more so than the 1-4 Craig Madden inspired home defeat against them in 1985, the first time we'd played them in a decade and a half. I enjoyed our play off win against them and the 4-0 home win in 1998. And also in finally winning at Gigg Lane a couple of years ago. Now they're gone its hard to know what to feel about that span of history. I hope we don't join them. I hope they're back in the EFL soon. 

Great post mate.