Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre season friendlies

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Is it too early to consider that the players may refuse to play if they haven’t been paid? If the sale isn’t completed before next week it’s not a given that money will have reached bank accounts.

You're quite the cheery fucker aren't you? Ever thought of signing up for the Samaritans? 😁

14 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Is it too early to consider that the players may refuse to play if they haven’t been paid? If the sale isn’t completed before next week it’s not a given that money will have reached bank accounts.

They are being paid by Administrators aren't they ?? 

2 hours ago, tomski said:

No. I think players and football staff are not currently 

if that is the case anyone still here is mental. 14 days and off ya pop for a pay cheque. can't be staying around. New owners will be unlikely to want to foot the bill surely ? 

3 minutes ago, Big E said:

if that is the case anyone still here is mental. 14 days and off ya pop for a pay cheque. can't be staying around. New owners will be unlikely to want to foot the bill surely ? 

Aye it crossed my mind too

2 hours ago, Big E said:

New owners will have to pay the players in full as part of the admin process as they are football creditors. 

Agreed they have to pay them, but when? Day 1? End of month? I’ve no idea what frame of mind the players are in but I wouldn’t blame McGennis for thinking he could do without rushing back from his summer hols to risk injury in a friendly at York when he hasn’t been paid for months.

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed they have to pay them, but when? Day 1? End of month? I’ve no idea what frame of mind the players are in but I wouldn’t blame McGennis for thinking he could do without rushing back from his summer hols to risk injury in a friendly at York when he hasn’t been paid for months.

As part of the administration process, wages have to be guaranteed in the normal timeframe or we’re deemed to be insolvent. I think. 

On 04/07/2019 at 21:56, Leyther_Matt said:

Gaz Median is an anagram of Gaz Madine. Just saying. 

I first read it as Gaizka Mendieta and my blood pressure shot up. 

The penalty double kicking, women's hair wearing smoggy bastard.