Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Moon landings (?)

Underpants

1 hour ago, Underpants said:

I'm saying I'm a sceptic in a lot of things. Unlike some I don't blindly accept what NASA or any other "respected" authority say on a given subject. In my original post a posed a question and argued that point later. Your argument is that respected person/organisation say X so it must be true. I'm saying not necessarily. Moon landings, Yeti, Nessy, spaghetti harvest famine etc.. it doesn't matter. It should all get treated with suspicion. And rightly so.

You seem to lack any critical reasoning skills. Comparing NASA (and other agencies) confirming the moon landing to random people claiming to have spotted the Yeti, Nessie or to outright jokes like the spaghetti harvest is frankly ludicrous.

Obviously - any "respected authority" should be required to produce evidence - and that evidence should then be open to peer review by people who have a similar level of understanding. If all of those people agree and form a consensus - and you still find yourself on the outside questioning their conclusions - then what you are demonstrating isn't a healthy scepticism - it's narcissism and self delusion on a grand scale.

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Questions;

Why did Kubrick spend most of his life in Britain? Fear.

Why did OJ Simpson get away with murder? Inside knowledge.

Why does Buzz 'Killer' Aldred go around smacking (softarses) who disagree with him? Guilt.

Why did Neil Armstrong die unexpectedly in that plane crash? He was about to go public.

And finally, does this look fake? Unlike the 'moon' footage, with numbered prop rocks pilfered from 'Lost in Space'.

patterson_animated.gif

Armstrong died after a bypass in hospital 

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

You seem to lack any critical reasoning skills. Comparing NASA (and other agencies) confirming the moon landing to random people claiming to have spotted the Yeti, Nessie or to outright jokes like the spaghetti harvest is frankly ludicrous.

Obviously - any "respected authority" should be required to produce evidence - and that evidence should then be open to peer review by people who have a similar level of understanding. If all of those people agree and form a consensus - and you still find yourself on the outside questioning their conclusions - then what you are demonstrating isn't a healthy scepticism - it's narcissism and self delusion on a grand scale.

KW, The delusional people can't be wrong all the time. Just accept people don't conform as easily as you. Carry on living in your Trueman Show world.

I'll let you have the last word. I know you can't help yourself.

Edited by Underpants

4 minutes ago, Underpants said:

KW, The delusional people can't be wrong all the time. Just accept people don't conform as easily as you. Carry on living in your Trueman Show world.

I'll let you have the last word. I know you can't help yourself.

You're right - I can't.

I've never really had any interaction with you on this site as far as I can remember - but from this brief interaction, I'm now pretty confident that you're either a moron or a massive WUM. 

And the fictional movie you are referring to was called the 'Truman Show'.

47 minutes ago, kent_white said:

You're right - I can't.

I've never really had any interaction with you on this site as far as I can remember - but from this brief interaction, I'm now pretty confident that you're either a moron or a massive WUM. 

And the fictional movie you are referring to was called the 'Truman Show'.

I've met him -  a bit of both 🙃

• Site Supporter

If NASA were simply making all this up, surely they’d have done a Mars Landing by now? I’ve seen loads of films with humans living on Mars and they all look really convincing to me.

Why would they stop at the moon 50 years ago and do nothing but launch satellites since?

• 2 years later...

BBC 2 now.

Some 'found footage' of the so-called moon landings has surfaced.

Yet more proof it's bollocks.

Oh, we forgot we filmed it, until now.

That cheeky moon monkey made us forget, ooh cheeky cheeky moon monkey...

The Russians had a famine in 1969, the yanks sent over loads of Hershey bars, Cornflakes, canned chlorinated chicken and hominy grits and waffles to tide them over.

The caveat being they didn't grass about the moon hoax.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Who fucking was stood filming this farce when Armstrong made his descent from the 'moon lander' to be the first 'moonman' - surely the cameraman was? Well no, because it is horseshit.

I've got a six year old Samsung in my sock drawer that has more computing power available than all NASA's then.

What a load of shite.

• Site Supporter

They’re real

what they prove is that we’ve been shit ever since.

we now have more computing power than a Death Star and the best we’ve managed since the moon landings is to send a remote control mini air wolf to Mars.

We should have colonised most of the solar system by now but have we fuck. We’re too busy arguing about fruit pickers, imaginary deities and hiding from microbes.

Without all these petty distractions, we’d almost certainly be considering a galactic super league now rather than a European one.

We went, right enough, and we’ve been wankers ever since.

This footage was fake, Aldred was a balding cunt.

In this he had a full head of hair.

NASA suddenly discover all this film, like finding an old USB stick or camera film...

Oh, look Mike Armstrong is climbing down the steps, after his kip and fry-up.

"One step down for the first man on the moon one great time for all"

"Hang on, how did you get here?"

To cameraman already on "the moon" filming him (Armstrong) climbing down.

• Members

Fucking conspiracy cranks. As loopy as the Flat Earth imbeciles. No surprise to me that some of our resident zoons buy into it for provocation reasons or are simply attention seeking because they have the 'look, I'm different' gene.

I was just discussing the moon landings conspiracy with Mr. Presley this morning when he handed my tea to me over the counter at the 7-11.

Just ignore the fuckers and they might go away

Louis Armstrong was fed up living a lie, he was also skint, reduced to re-enacting this sham with trained chimpanzees as his 'co-pilots' in shopping mall car parks.

He thought 'balls to this' and was going to come clean to The National Enquirer for a $267,000 fee.

The CIA gets wind of this deal and, hey presto, his private Cesna plane develops 'engine difficulties' on a trip to the shop he took every day for thirty years. In totally clear weather it blows up killing him instantly.

Stanley Kubrick dies of a 'heart attack' two days later...