Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next manager

Spider

24 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The thing is that Hill is arguably coming to the end of his career. If we had a full squad and a reasonable chance of survival experience makes sense.

Id have no problem with Hill or anyone Sharon picks really. But I’d like a bold choice. Nolan would get fans onside in what is likely to be a relegation battle. 

Hill coming to the end of his career? He's only 50, that isn't coming to the end of a career for a football manager these days.

Edited by Blondi

Serious question about some of the hype that has always gone around Hill.

Gets credit for developing youngsters, Beech has been working with their youth for 12 years or summat before becoming assistant so is he not more responsible for that? Same people blowing that trumpet wouldnt give PP an ounce of credit for developing any of our recent youth.

• Moderators
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Bit worried that Nobby will be moulded into the Big Sam style of football - set pieces/percentage football/bully boy tactics. I just want to see us play some football.

We'll have four players surrounding the keeper on free kicks

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Bit worried that Nobby will be moulded into the Big Sam style of football - set pieces/percentage football/bully boy tactics. I just want to see us play some football.

That would probably get us out of league 1 but we'd need to buck up once promoted! 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Wasn't always the best, but we developed gradually, and irrespective of style it got results.

What we've had recently is neither.

Important thing I suppose is to get the manager in asap and let him do the signings.

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

How about league 2?

When Dougie Freedman came in, with a couple of January loans and no money, we went from bottom half to edge of play offs, unbeaten at home from then. 

And he was shit. 

Decent manager and a couple of signings, we'll easily get out of L1 relegation zone...

6 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

When Dougie Freedman came in, with a couple of January loans and no money, we went from bottom half to edge of play offs, unbeaten at home from then. 

And he was shit. 

Decent manager and a couple of signings, we'll easily get out of L1 relegation zone...

Looking forward to the ride,lets see where it takes us.

The away days are going to be a lot of fun whatever division we're in.

1 hour ago, chrisw99 said:

I just popped into the local bookies to ask for Next Bolton Manager odds. He said they've been told by head office not to take bets on it till 9am tomorrow morning when the market will open. 

Never bother with these except once. I stuck a tentative tenner on Lennon @ 25/1 while stoned as fuck at 2am on a Thursday night.

The next day he was 4/1. No idea why, just had a feeling. Would’ve had more on but BetVictor restricted me. Badly needed the cash at the time so it was a bit of a result. 

11 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:
Pearson is the name Shazza kept dropping to people. So let’s see.
Quote Tweet
Replying to @reluctantnicko
Hi al do you know who’s in the running for the Bolton job

Bit of a mixed bag when you read his wiki.. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Pearson

14 away games without defeat when he took charge of Hull sounds good. 

But total lack of info for recent stuff. 2 years in charge of a foreign club then sacked doesnt fill me with confidence. 

1 minute ago, chrisw99 said:

But total lack of info for recent stuff. 2 years in charge of a foreign club then sacked doesnt fill me with confidence. 

And he just seems like a bit of a knob too! 

9 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

He went to Leuven as they have the same owners as Leicester, so I’m sure he’d have kept his hand in. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt

18 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:
Pearson is the name Shazza kept dropping to people. So let’s see. 

ooof, that game at leicester under Freedman. a whisker from the playoffs , iirc. 

he were in the belgian second division with that team them thais own. 

he did alright his first year (didnt qualify for europe in that weird bottom half of first division and top half of second division playoffs) but he lost a lot in the second season, and the new guy did enough to not finish bottom of the relegation playoffs. 

i only know this cos i think we nearly bought tony watt (the celtic player) once and thats where he were at the time. 

3 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Are you an Ostrich? Is your head in the sand?

How do you mean? Head in the sand? as in refusing to accept something blatantly obvious? 

Edit - fucking hell hahahahaha 

Edited by leebwfc

Yes hes a bell and a hard looking bastard. Could be just what we need. I think they have known who they want for a bit and Parky was allowed to resign with dignity rather than being fired with all right things being said. Heres hoping anyway.

33 minutes ago, snowball said:

Yes hes a bell and a hard looking bastard. Could be just what we need. I think they have known who they want for a bit and Parky was allowed to resign with dignity rather than being fired with all right things being said. Heres hoping anyway.

There's a time and a place for a Pearson type figure, but I honestly think he'd be just what we don't need at this particular moment.