Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harry and Meghan

globaldiver

• Members
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The British press are well known to be utter cunts, even the Simpsons made reference to it in one episode.

The firm and the media have a well oiled relationship and there is a reason why Kate is portrayed one way and Megan the other in the exact same circumstance. Kate is protected and Megan isn't, or wasn't to be more accurate.

"The firm" has little power to protect any member of the Royal Family from press intrusion, they can only do their best to avoid poking the bear.

Kate was absolutely hounded by the press in the early years.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

If they released a book tomorrow, did interviews and a TV series you would know exactly what they’re up to. 

I really wouldn't. And even if I did, how would it be relevant? I'm pretty sure nobody wants unsolicited stories of them in the newpapers, and they're all entitled to tell their side of the story, aren't they?

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I really wouldn't. And even if I did, how would it be relevant? I'm pretty sure nobody wants unsolicited stories of them in the newpapers, and they're all entitled to tell their side of the story, aren't they?

Of course they are but it’s not a good way of keeping out of the press/public eye is it. If they don’t want to be hounded and want to be out of the limelight don’t go and do a Netflix series, release multiple books and get interviewed by Oprah. It’s quite simple. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

"The firm" has little power to protect any member of the Royal Family from press intrusion, they can only do their best to avoid poking the bear.

Kate was absolutely hounded by the press in the early years.

Stop it now. That doesn't fit in with Winky's agenda.

• Members
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Of course they are but it’s not a good way of keeping out of the press/public eye is it. If they don’t want to be hounded and want to be out of the limelight don’t go and do a Netflix series, release multiple books and get interviewed by Oprah. It’s quite simple. 

Correct. Hypocrisy of the highest order. The Palace is doing exactly the right thing - don't rise to it. The treacherous scumbags will make their ill gotten gains and eventually fade into obscurity when the controversy hungry general public get bored with their bullshit.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

So they should be bullied to just shut the fuck up, rather than make a few million? Even though the stories will be published anyway.

Just now, bolty58 said:

Correct. Hypocrisy of the highest order. The Palace is doing exactly the right thing - don't rise to it. The treacherous scumbags will make their ill gotten gains and eventually fade into obscurity when the controversy hungry general public get bored with their bullshit.

That’s usually how it works, we’ve seen it 1000s of times over the decades. Weirdly cheese thinks they should get even more money out of them even though they want to be left alone. Very odd. 

Harry and Meghan have said they moved to the States because they weren’t safe in the UK. If that’s how they feel then you have to respect their decision. But are they more or less safe after choosing to release this new book?

• Members
4 hours ago, wiggy said:

Harry and Meghan have said they moved to the States because they weren’t safe in the UK. If that’s how they feel then you have to respect their decision. But are they more or less safe after choosing to release this new book?

Or more or less safe moving from the UK to a country teeming with with heavily armed nutjobs!!??

Sensationalist crap which will run its course whilst our royal family prevails.

12 hours ago, bolty58 said:

@MickyDwon't be happy with your use of that word 😉

7 hours ago, wiggy said:

He can probably afford more/better security now  - so probably safer 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, wiggy said:

Neither. It's been public knowledge for a decade that he killed enemy fighters in Afghanistan, and the tabloids celebrated him at the time. The Sun even called him a "Hero Prince"

Fl82rT1XwAA2yJ4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Cheese

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Neither. It's been public knowledge for a decade that he killed enemy fighters in Afghanistan, and the tabloids celebrated him at the time. The Sun even called him a "Hero Prince"

Fl82rT1XwAA2yJ4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

That Sun article tells it all doesn't it? The contrast between the "Hero Prince" killing the Taliban and then being "Slammed by ex-marine chief" the other day. What a rag of hypocritical shite. 

Got a fair bit of sympathy for both William and Harry. The circumstances under which they lost their mother and still in a very much stiff upper lip culture. Must have been awful. 

I don't pay much attention to what either of them get up to. One has chosen service and devotion and one has chosen to leave and criticise the institution. Both perfectly valid and understandable choices. What's beyond me is the utter hatred that members of the public, and some posters on here, show Harry for the choices he has made. Even in the face of what he went through. Sad really. 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I don't pay much attention to what either of them get up to. One has chosen service and devotion and one has chosen to leave and criticise the institution. Both perfectly valid and understandable choices. What's beyond me is the utter hatred that members of the public, and some posters on here, show Harry for the choices he has made. Even in the face of what he went through. Sad really. 

Funny how the irrational hatred is usually parrotted by people who claim they're "not influenced by the Main Stream Media". 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Funny how the irrational hatred is usually parrotted by people who claim they're "not influenced by the Main Stream Media". 🤷‍♂️

and then complain that the 'other side' doesn't listen to both sides of an argument. 

I don't know the ins and outs of the past few years but I'm sure there are times when he didn't make the best decisions and I'm sure the same can be said for the Royals. There are some on here and many in the public who seem to just expect him to go away and make no comments whatsoever. He's every right to. Especially after the childhood he had. Some just can't take the criticism. 

• Site Supporter

Let's have a free for all then, with William etc all penning their own books.

No need for any guaranteed truth, wisdom nor advice.

Interesting that now he has decided to tell his truth, that a number of folk that have worked for the Royal family have felt the need to break their silence and reveal snippets from their time there.

Like the personal protection officers having to pack Harry back into a car after him being thrown out of a boozer for being a dick, off his face. Then being put in the awkward situation of not being able to tell his father.

Of course, these folk will all be lying and Harry is a Saint.

He's had a shit load of protection from himself by the family, and seems incapable of realising what he's now set in motion against himself.

Self inflicted.

Who's saying Harry is a saint? Or that everything he's saying is the truth? 

We all know some of the stuff he got up to as a young lad, desperately trying to find some sense of normality whilst growing up in the Truman Show. 

Underneath all this is a lad who lost his mum in tragic circumstances. He will still be trying to make it sense of it all no doubt. Who cares if he's ungrateful for the 'privilege' he grew up in? Or if he is critical of the institution? He's entitled to his opinion. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Let's have a free for all then, with William etc all penning their own books.

It already is a "free for all", isn't it? Is somebody preventing William etc. publishing their own books?