Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just now, birch-chorley said:

I’d say 2-3 week circuit breaker, everything shut, supermarkets 9-5, no building sites open the whole shebang 

Then, crack on, no more fucking about, Economy first and Covid 2nd. No more limiting businesses, only keeping measures like masks etc 

The crack on isn’t going to happen though. You know it as well as I do. And Nor will it last 3 weeks 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

To be fair guys, in this absolute shitter of a situation, I want someone boring. Someone who does the detail, the meetings, the all night conference calls. No sound bites or bullshit. Even twatting Piers Morgan thinks Boris is not the man for the job.

We really don't need a clown at the helm at this time. A Churchill he is not.

Oh and as far as lockdown goes, if we actually policed the restrictions then they would work. So, get the fucking army on the streets now, no mask no fucking about outside. Everyone mandatory hand sanitizer before entering anywhere. Spot checks of compliance in shops, pubs, etc with police/army in attendance.  Big fuck off fines. Also, random swabs in spike areas amongst those coming out of shops and pubs etc.  Once tested you are asked fuck off home until test comes back with 50 quid as a thank you. 😄

We're not purely in this situation though. Lots of other stuff to do. I'm liking the commitments to green energy, more focus on apprenticeships, looking at transferring or teaching new skills to gear up for future needs.

Clown or not, we're going to need a bit of inspiration after this is sorted. OK, talking a good game is different to delivering it, but to draw a comparison, I'm glad we've now got Evatt and not Parkinson. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I think spider would do it with more gusto and be more of a man than a shithouse about it though. Or at least I like to think so

I’m on the verge of twatting the person responsible, and normally I wouldn’t get involved with other people’s jobs. This is different as it affects potentially dozens of people and is shithousing at its worst.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If I thought it was going to work and sort this out then 1

its not and 2 isn’t an option I want to consider so 3 or 4 

This is where I'm at. 

Unless it's 3 weeks and everything shuts. Even supermarkets. No one leaves their house you aren't killing the virus off. 

And even if you did you just need a coach load of Belarusians to fly in and we're back to square one. 

It's not going away. 

We need to learn to live with it. 

I'm 3

Edging a 3.25! 🤣 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I’m on the verge of twatting the person responsible, and normally I wouldn’t get involved with other people’s jobs. This is different as it affects potentially dozens of people and is shithousing at its worst.

Good on ya 👍

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Heard it on the wireless earlier. Given Blackpool hospital video its no surprise. 

I read that Blackpool had 8 out of 670 or so beds set aside for Covid.

And they were all full

big deal?

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Absolutely spot on. 

31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Heard it on the wireless earlier. Given Blackpool hospital video its no surprise. 

I just spoke to my who works for the council. Him and his team spent all day yesterday sorting the guidlines out for tier 2 even though every fucker knew all along we were heading for tier 3.

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

I just spoke to my who works for the council. Him and his team spent all day yesterday sorting the guidlines out for tier 2 even though every fucker knew all along we were heading for tier 3.

Wife's lot were involved in preparing a mass mortuary at one of the BAE sites, Samlesbury or Warton (not sure which) for the first wave.

No news on a repeat, but time yet. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We're not purely in this situation though. Lots of other stuff to do. I'm liking the commitments to green energy, more focus on apprenticeships, looking at transferring or teaching new skills to gear up for future needs.

Clown or not, we're going to need a bit of inspiration after this is sorted. OK, talking a good game is different to delivering it, but to draw a comparison, I'm glad we've now got Evatt and not Parkinson. 

I get you pal, I really do. However he is not up to the job of handling this crisis. And it is a crisis.

Seriously, I think if by some miracle that nobhead Corbyn was in charge now and had handled it in the same manner as Johnson folk would be going mental.

He is out of his depth just like Corbyn would have been also but for different reasons.

This is a very lightweight Cabinet and Government. He discarded decent Tory MPs because of Brexit and has put soundbites over substance in almost all areas of Governance. Cummins is like that cunt Alastair Campbell but high on Red Bull ,Steroids and E.

It does none of us good to follow the US like this.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

I get you pal, I really do. However he is not up to the job of handling this crisis. And it is a crisis.

Seriously, I think if by some miracle that nobhead Corbyn was in charge now and had handled it in the same manner as Johnson folk would be going mental.

He is out of his depth just like Corbyn would have been also but for different reasons.

This is a very lightweight Cabinet and Government. He discarded decent Tory MPs because of Brexit and has put soundbites over substance in almost all areas of Governance. Cummins is like that cunt Alastair Campbell but high on Red Bull ,Steroids and E.

It does none of us good to follow the US like this.

We'll have to disagree.

If corbyn had got in he'd have been presented with exactly the same situation and challenges. Had his lot managed to do what has been done I would be backing them. 

If Boris was opposite laying in with nothing but posturing I'd be digging at him too.

As for the brexit ditching of MPs, that was bang on and good leadership. Couldnt carry on with a divided party being held hostage by antidemocratic individuals. Shame, because I had time for some of them generally.