Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Chimes with what Kent and Marc505 (I think) were saying recently

Yeah, itll be "available" before Christmas, but by the time everyone gets their turn itll be early summer just because of sheer numbers and the actual method the vaccine needs to be administered.

PM and one of the health officials specifically said yesterday there is no vaccine. Which I found odd, but it may be about keeping control of the message for now.

8 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I get you pal, I really do. However he is not up to the job of handling this crisis. And it is a crisis.

Seriously, I think if by some miracle that nobhead Corbyn was in charge now and had handled it in the same manner as Johnson folk would be going mental.

He is out of his depth just like Corbyn would have been also but for different reasons.

This is a very lightweight Cabinet and Government. He discarded decent Tory MPs because of Brexit and has put soundbites over substance in almost all areas of Governance. Cummins is like that cunt Alastair Campbell but high on Red Bull ,Steroids and E.

It does none of us good to follow the US like this.

When did we have decent MPs? Since social media has been around it’s highlighted the fact that many are useless, it seems like the last 10-15 years has been one continuous shit train. 

Interesting read on the economic damage...

Coronavirus: Britain will be weighed down by debt on long road to recovery, IMF economist warns

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-britain-will-be-weighed-down-by-debt-on-long-road-to-recovery-imf-warns-7jhqcnchh

IMF predicting the global economy to shrink by £28 trillion, with lasting damage to all economies 

Absolutely frightening 

Keep saying it but the economic damage from all these restrictions will kill many more than they have saved 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah, itll be "available" before Christmas, but by the time everyone gets their turn itll be early summer just because of sheer numbers and the actual method the vaccine needs to be administered.

PM and one of the health officials specifically said yesterday there is no vaccine. Which I found odd, but it may be about keeping control of the message for now.

I think that was a good move. Don't promote any false hopes especially if it leads to a bit more non compliance.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Aye it did seem weird that they were all of a sudden very hesitant about a vaccine yesterday. Hopefully it is just about the messaging though - it hardly helps if when you're trying to introduce new restrictions people get overexcited about an impending vaccine and decide to not bother.

I know it won't be the be all and end all, and will take time to roll out anyway, but I just think it'd be a massive boost to know there's something we have to fight and protect ourselves against the virus beyond taking vitamin D and staying the fuck away from each other.

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Aye it did seem weird that they were all of a sudden very hesitant about a vaccine yesterday. Hopefully it is just about the messaging though - it hardly helps if when you're trying to introduce new restrictions people get overexcited about an impending vaccine and decide to not bother.

I know it won't be the be all and end all, and will take time to roll out anyway, but I just think it'd be a massive boost to know there's something we have to fight and protect ourselves against the virus beyond taking vitamin D and staying the fuck away from each other.

It was almost a total about turn wasnt it, "there is no vaccine", when its becoming apparent that's not entirely accurate. Still certain theres some sort of super injunction out on reporting on it, and so I'll say no more and just live in hope along with everyone else until the government sees fit to announce it.

One of the main things when it is announced will be about managing expectations because it doesnt matter if a vaccine came out tomorrow morning, until everyone or a mass of the population has it which will be months for a variety of reasons, nothing really changes.

7 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

And if they get it into the care workers and the old and vulnerable first, the potential death rates should drop off. I'm late 40's,  no health issues, ill be one of the last, and rightly so. My old relatives will be nearer the front.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Can an employer ask you NOT to download the track and trace app?

Asking for my wife who’s fucking dickhead boss has done just that.

Also, they’ve had 2 positive cases and have sent NOBODY home to self isolate.

How do I whistleblow these cunts?

That is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We'll have to disagree.

If corbyn had got in he'd have been presented with exactly the same situation and challenges. Had his lot managed to do what has been done I would be backing them. 

If Boris was opposite laying in with nothing but posturing I'd be digging at him too.

As for the brexit ditching of MPs, that was bang on and good leadership. Couldnt carry on with a divided party being held hostage by antidemocratic individuals. Shame, because I had time for some of them generally. 

I think Starmer has put forward some valid points and some not so but my point stands, I don't care who is in charge but those that are need to do a good job and be held to account when not doing so.

We will have to agree/disagree on the Brexit thing, he wiped out proper politicians who knew what it takes to govern a country. Regardless of their views on Brexit, they were shit on.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Can an employer ask you NOT to download the track and trace app?

Asking for my wife who’s fucking dickhead boss has done just that.

Also, they’ve had 2 positive cases and have sent NOBODY home to self isolate.

How do I whistleblow these cunts?

What job is she doing?

There's nobody to replace me now in my job.

Down to the bare bones.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Vote time... Where we all at? 

1 - lockdown 3 weeks, everything shut. Stay at home. Fuck all furlough or other support. 

2 - 3 tier never ending lockdown until some vaccine comes along that never actually happens

3 - crack on, wear a mask and that where asked. Sing Covid-19 in the club singing style of come on Eileen when pissed at the pub

4 - post tinfoil videos on Facebook until you get sectioned.

But with support

And a massive emphasis on adherence during and after

Otherwise it's a combination of 2, 3 & 4

I don't see how 2, 3 & 4 helps people or economy in the long term

And I'm being optimistic that 1 would actually pan out as is needed to beat it

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

We lockdown and all this bullshit happens all over again and again.

Be responsible, stick to the rules and just apply some commonsense. 

If I've learned anything from the last six months, that feels impossible if folk are left to their own devices

I'd go with 3 if it entailed a policy of policing and ensuring the rules are stuck too

5. Move to New Zealand

29 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

But with support

And a massive emphasis on adherence during and after

Otherwise it's a combination of 2, 3 & 4

I don't see how 2, 3 & 4 helps people or economy in the long term

And I'm being optimistic that 1 would actually pan out as is needed to beat it

That is where I’m at 

Big question... Not done any research... Not trying to be tinfoil 

Why isn't this killing millions of folk in Africa when they drink puddle water for their morning brew? 

I remember thinking it would be rife down there in march but not heard a peep since.