Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

After a week pubs will get pissed off with it, bit like queing at the shops on the first day of opening, back to normal now.

Its not as though the Police will check or even charge anyone, they didn't on the protest, so i doubt they will here.

Landlords won't want to alienate any of their regulars, so i expect them to amble along for a few days and conform, then it will be fuck it, its all in.

dunno, be like shooting fish in a barrell rounding up and fining drinkers in lax pubs

did you see the scouse pub video doing the rounds on whatsapp?  looked like a full on lockdown lock in, loads in there, so the police slowly surrounded the bar with riot shields to force everyone out (no one really budged though)

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

So we're allowed to go and get pissed and have a meal out but my lads not allowed to school til September, no out of school clubs, swimming or indoor play areas. 

Proper head fuck for the young kids this. 

- Hairdressers can open, beauty salons can't.
- Cinemas can open, gyms can't.
- Pubs and restaurants can open, swimming pools & water parks can't.

How is that confusing? It's quite simple.

12 minutes ago, Traf said:

- Hairdressers can open, beauty salons can't.
- Cinemas can open, gyms can't.
- Pubs and restaurants can open, swimming pools & water parks can't.

How is that confusing? It's quite simple.

Indeed

just needs to be thought through

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

I’m sure the locals will be missing some integral characters when they reopen. Just won’t be the same 

Are you talking about the ones who died? or Bob who's usually in every night for 4 hours, smokes 20 a day and isn't in cos he's shielding?

5 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Are you talking about the ones who died? or Bob who's usually in every night for 4 hours, smokes 20 a day and isn't in cos he's shielding?

More people that can’t be arsed until it gets back to something more resembling normal really. 
I will go out for a meal when it opens up up here and might take a day off midweek to go out during the day with the FIL but other than that I aint being timed in a pub or booking a table for a few pints 

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

No one should be confused

Doesn't stop people being slightly baffled.

The schools thing is a mystery to me.

But then again, they don’t generate much income for HMRC

The penny has dropped. Im surprised it took you so long to get there. Others absolutely but you? Nah 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

The penny has dropped. Im surprised it took you so long to get there. Others absolutely but you? Nah 

I hadn’t finished

Suppliers to schools, they do contribute.

A lot.

But the unions , god forbid we upset those daft thick old cunts.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I hadn’t finished

Suppliers to schools, they do contribute.

A lot.

But the unions , god forbid we upset those daft thick old cunts.

I was going to say something about the unions. Also SOME teachers are workshy cunts but that’s not unique to teaching. 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I would say that's comparable to most industries, not just teachers.

I reckon work shyness will be at an all time high, and from now on, anyone with a tickly throat or dry cough will be off work, where before most would just go in and ride a mild cold or sniffle out.

Man-flu though, that's something else 🙄

I did say that pal. I’m dealing with my own challenges around people at work not doing their job currently. So it certainly isn’t unique to teaching 

but agree I think sick days will be at an all time high in the short to medium term. 
lazy cunts 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, buckhurstwhite said:

Go on and the meal of choice would be?

Cherry Tree

im just looking forward to not having to fuck about with putting plates in the dishwasher or takeaway cartons In the bin.

And a waitress. With nice busters.

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Had my first pint since Mar 20th from a bar in Southport on Saturday, had to take it off the premises and sat in a shelter facing Marine Lake. I've had better days.

Think I walked past you while you were shouting at a seagull, calling it a "flying rat cunt that probably shits on war memorials!". Might have been someone else though... 

Edited by Cheese

55 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Had my first pint since Mar 20th from a bar in Southport on Saturday, had to take it off the premises and sat in a shelter facing Marine Lake. I've had better days.

I fingered a bird in there,1987.

Edited by peelyfeet

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Think I walked past you while you were shouting at a seagull, calling it a "flying rat cunt that probably shits on war memorials!". Might have been someone else though... 

The Southport herring gulls seem a lot more sociable than that lot up the coast, they mix with ducks, swans, moor hens and even pigeons.

Just now, leigh white said:

Wearing your Japanese sniper garb ?

Haha. I think I had Joe bloggs jeans on. There was an off licence on Nevill street, called Sandhu's, only place me and my mates could get served when we were 14. I'd had about 3 cans of Hoffmeister and was pissed as a twat. Met some girls by the marina, and the rest is history. Had to get the last train back to Parbold, never saw her again. Did you see her?

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, leigh white said:

The Southport herring gulls seem a lot more sociable than that lot up the coast, they mix with ducks, swans, moor hens and even pigeons.

Namby pamby Southern softie twats.