Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

English ground furthest from a house?

SatanGreavsie

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Bolton to Derby is quite a way, what time do you set off ?

I generally get the train myself, not a bad little walk from the station to pride park, about 20 mins.

It was alot longer than that when they sent us down.

Yes and i did omit the word station.

😨

On 18/06/2020 at 15:17, radcliffewhite1 said:

Aren’t they just 

Went to boro one year and went in some boozer two women beating shit out each other and the barman says “alright lads don’t worry about them happens all the time what can I get you” 😀

when it first openend  they had a ship at the side of the ground with 2 bars and strippers on 

I would have said Brighton. Had to park miles away and get a Park and Ride bus in and don’t remember any housing at all but I’ll trust va ba on that one. 

Sure I remember seeing houses on the walk from Dr Fosters (?) to Boro’s ground

Not been to Sunlun since they left Roker but driven past the SoL a few times and that seems remote

5 minutes ago, little whitt said:

when it first openend  they had a ship at the side of the ground with 2 bars and strippers on 

Bet they was rough arse strippers 

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

I would have said Brighton. Had to park miles away and get a Park and Ride bus in and don’t remember any housing at all but I’ll trust va ba on that one. 

Sure I remember seeing houses on the walk from Dr Fosters (?) to Boro’s ground

Not been to Sunlun since they left Roker but driven past the SoL a few times and that seems remote

Dr browns

housing estate over the back of SOL

45 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Bet they was rough arse strippers 

Dr browns

housing estate over the back of SOL

Dr Browns. That’s the one. Great pub. Go to the chippy or the pie shop over the road and bring it back into the pub. Ace. And music from The Specials, Clash, Stranglers, etc to boot. Bit moody after the match when we lost and Beckford missed that pen

Never noticed that housing estate at the back of SoL so will take your word for it 

21 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Dr Browns. That’s the one. Great pub. Go to the chippy or the pie shop over the road and bring it back into the pub. Ace. And music from The Specials, Clash, Stranglers, etc to boot. Bit moody after the match when we lost and Beckford missed that pen

Never noticed that housing estate at the back of SoL so will take your word for it 

I like boro, new ish stadium that’s walking distance to the centre and still has that moody element about it

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Fucking bayern... I thought I'd walked back to England it was that far from that bastard station. 

German grounds must be like that. Went to Haye/Wlad in Hamburg, took hours in passing down rain to get back to civilisation. My Union Jack suit was still piss wet 24 hours later

12 minutes ago, marple whites said:

We got beer from McDonald’s in happy cups for the trip on the tube, but my god it was miles!

I got refused entry in the Bolton end for having a beer to many in town, managed to blag it in the Bayern end and the metro was just outside for the trip back into the city, i wandered why I was on my own in the pub for ages before the Bolton started piling in.

23 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I got refused entry in the Bolton end for having a beer to many in town, managed to blag it in the Bayern end and the metro was just outside for the trip back into the city, i wandered why I was on my own in the pub for ages before the Bolton started piling in.

They kept us in for ages after, i think they did everywhere......wasn't complaining in Belgrade !!

17 hours ago, leigh white said:

How were the locals when we equalised ?