Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dogs and the vets

bolton_blondie

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

American bulldog on the telly this morning. 1-2 years old and available at Yorkshire rspca. 

Weighs 40kg and is bilingual. 

Goes by the name of Hector, and he was unresponsive to English commands so they tried other languages and found he responds to German. Currently being taught English ones with gestures too.

Be perfect with your avatar.

I’m of German descent as I’ve said before so that’s perfect for me 😁

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

The diet for Ted the beddy is going well, not for him, he's sulking like a proper sulky fucker.

He's been on Turkey & rice/potato, got some liver for him, 250g a day and no treats for a month. 2 small portions over the weekend, once a day on weekdays.

He's had a 5 mile dog walk, which is generally the case anyhow at the weekends, gonna schedule longer walks during the week.

Perfect.

Your vets bills will reduce dramatically 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Our dog needs his ears flushing but insurance won’t pay out due to previous ear problems

£540 to have done unbelievable 

Missus (36D, belters) has some questions:

what kind of dog?

Is it under general anaesthetic?

How many fucking ears has it got?

• Moderators
On 27/11/2020 at 12:37, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seems brushing is recommended, but I found this and it.might he worth doing.

https://www.roscoesbedandbark.com/wp2/7-natural-solutions-stinky-dog-breath/

I sometimes put turmeric in our dogs' food, for joints etc, but it seems to do everything so that might also be an option.

Mine do get manky breath from time to time too, I suppose its impossible to be prefect given the things they pick up and pick though.

Ours has eaten scambked eggs ths morning

First thing since thursday when his tea came backin the middle of the night

Walks on dark nights, hes in bushes and he eats owt and you dont know til its gone

So, couldve been anything, maybe even berries

• Moderators
Just now, MickyD said:

There was something on FB the other day about bits of sausage being found laced with rat poison. Be aware whilst walking your dogs.

Get a few of them occasionally round my way 

Never sure if real or someone fucking around

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Missus (36D, belters) has some questions:

what kind of dog?

Is it under general anaesthetic?

How many fucking ears has it got?

Lab

on the paperwork the cost is made up

x2 aural ear flush, sedate dog, hospitalise day only, celluvisc eye drops, consultation extras & osurnia gel

36d handful👍

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Lab

on the paperwork the cost is made up

x2 aural ear flush, sedate dog, hospitalise day only, celluvisc eye drops, consultation extras & osurnia gel

36d handful👍

Charging for a day in the practice is something she hasn’t seen before. Reckons that’s a bit naughty as general rule is only charge for overnights.

All sounds overpriced to her. Might be worth shopping around.

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Charging for a day in the practice is something she hasn’t seen before. Reckons that’s a bit naughty as general rule is only charge for overnights.

All sounds overpriced to her. Might be worth shopping around.

Thanks

Very easy to get mugged off with something like this as most won’t have a scooby 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Our dog needs his ears flushing but insurance won’t pay out due to previous ear problems

£540 to have done unbelievable 

See, I don’t get this with pet insurance. Not covered because it’s already had an ear problem. You’d soon run out of bits of dog to be covered if each ‘section’ can only have one claim.

Imagine claiming on your car insurance for someone hitting your back end and then same happened again a few years later for Churchill Dog to laugh and remind you that the back end of your car is no longer covered because you’ve already claimed for that bit of car.

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

See, I don’t get this with pet insurance. Not covered because it’s already had an ear problem. You’d soon run out of bits of dog to be covered if each ‘section’ can only have one claim.

Imagine claiming on your car insurance for someone hitting your back end and then same happened again a few years later for Churchill Dog to laugh and remind you that the back end of your car is no longer covered because you’ve already claimed for that bit of car.

Think more now policies will be changing left right and centre trying not to pay out, will dig the email out but something along the lines of having ear treatment less than 12months ago (which we didn’t claim they knew this asking our vet got his records) and he’s 8 years old 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

Spider.... Do me a favour and ask your Mrs what her opinion is on giving a Rottweiler a third Parvo injection at 6 months old? I've read loads of different things saying black and tan dogs require a third booster for Parvo.... Cheers pal. 

It’s not essential but there is evidence they are more susceptible to parvo so it’d be piece of mind for you than real danger.

She now thinks I’m on a dog forum and also asked what relevance the size of her busters is to the discussion.

Edited by Spider

Just now, Spider said:

It’s not essential but there is evidence they are more susceptible to parvo so it’d be piece of mind for you than real danger.

She now thinks I’m on a dog forum and also asked what relevance the size of her busters is to the discussion.

Thank her for me and we will have a 3rd booster 👍👍

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Spider said:

Discussion of 'puppies' is part and parcel of a dog forum.

16 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

American bulldog on the telly this morning. 1-2 years old and available at Yorkshire rspca. 

Goes by the name of Hector, and he was unresponsive to English commands so they tried other languages and found he responds to German. Currently being taught English ones with gestures too.

Now now Baxter, you know I don't speak Spanish 

16 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

DP

Edited by jayjayoghani

• Members

I have a 6 month old Collie and he just does things that makes me think yeah he’s a smart dog, this morning he was barking at the back door, which isn’t like him so I let him out.

He goes out and carries on barking  , so I go outside he walks to the drive and barks, walks down the drive and carries on barking.
So I bring him in and he’s going mad at the door , so put my coat on get his lead, the other dog comes as well the pup is pulling like mad which isn’t like him, we head towards the golf course .

And he’s got his nose to the floor still pulling like mad, I let him off and he flies off, then I hear barking, so I run towards him and there’s a cat curled up in a ball in a bad way between two fences. Picked the cat up  and he’s been battered, covered in blood and can’t stand on his leg.

Took the cat home and left it with the Mrs whilst we called the RSPCA, still not been picked up yet. Cannot get over the pup, it’s a good few minutes walk from the house to where we found the cat, I’m blown away by him. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I have a 6 month old Collie and he just does things that makes me think yeah he’s a smart dog, this morning he was barking at the back door, which isn’t like him so I let him out.

He goes out and carries on barking  , so I go outside he walks to the drive and barks, walks down the drive and carries on barking.
So I bring him in and he’s going mad at the door , so put my coat on get his lead, the other dog comes as well the pup is pulling like mad which isn’t like him, we head towards the golf course .

And he’s got his nose to the floor still pulling like mad, I let him off and he flies off, then I hear barking, so I run towards him and there’s a cat curled up in a ball in a bad way between two fences. Picked the cat up  and he’s been battered, covered in blood and can’t stand on his leg.

Took the cat home and left it with the Mrs whilst we called the RSPCA, still not been picked up yet. Cannot get over the pup, it’s a good few minutes walk from the house to where we found the cat, I’m blown away by him. 

He was just gloating