Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlisle (A)

Eddie

1 minute ago, desperado said:

Both good responses and offer a rationale behind in game posting. And shows from my reaction how emotions run high even after the final whistle!

While I have given in on the odd occasion, in the main it’s not for me though, it takes away the enjoyment of the game.

To be fair I think a few people (including myself) are chatting on WhatsApp/Twitter with people they’d normally be watching the game with so it’s not too much of a hardship to then paste the same comments on to here at the same time. 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

No I want Evatt to do his job and put a team out that knows what they are doing from minute one rather than having a “fuck me” moment after 60 mins or so. You dont concede 3 goals like the ones in the first half if you are a properly coached team. 

The problem with football is the opposing team don't care about your intention to win. You could also say - "you don't come back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 if you are a badly coached team".

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Thomason has been decent so far & has some ability which I think has surprised a few on here with non league knowledge, so some of them at least just parrot out that the boy is NWC or  whatever because they failed to spot any latent talent in the lad.

2 on here saw him this season and said he was shite

JSL

Its hard to judge as connell was 2 leagues above, but i prefer this fella, so far

We are a weird side. I know lockdown football is different but we are like one of those March days where you can experience just about every weather type in the space of an hour. Just no consistency at all. 

Its only the second time I've known us come back from 3-0 down to avoid defeat. The other was at home v Notts County in 89 in that big long unbeaten run that culminated with the Wembley game v Torquay.

Parallels with the equally bizarre fixture v Barrow in October too. 

Its going to be next Summer before we can sort all this out I imagine. A club our size can surely live within its means while signing proven talent at this level. The gambles on the likes of Comley and Gordon have to stop.

8 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

He’s showed more heart & physical presence today than Delfonueso or Crawford have all season 

He ain’t perfect but he’s good enough 

Delfoneuso is so fucking frustrating. Showed in the last 10 minutes that there’s few in this league who can match it, but it was the first time in about 4 weeks that I’ve remembered he’s on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Thomason, as long as there are players behined him, to make up for his lack of pace, 1 top DM's and decent centre backs, he will be fine.

You can't teach or train to gain pace you either have it or you don't. There is a place for the lad, he is 19 but needs good players around him to enable him to flourish, my worry is older more experienced players  being dependent on him, and I have a feeling at the moment it's the latter, only Doyle seems to care, the rest of them are looking like they are waiting for things to happen, there's a lack of intent from them, or are some players just looking to Doyle and Sarcevic for things to happen instead of trying things themselves.

January is crucial, but what players are going to be available ?

Give it 6-12 months and he’ll improve massively on that front. A quick brain over quick feet, any day of the week. 

8 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Have I missed much? Been out since the final whistle checking motorway bridges for Hughmungus 😁

Everyone just needs to remember when that miserable cunt raises his head ever again he will never in his fucking miserable existence understand what it means to support a football and appreciate coming back from 3-0 down. 

Edited by Ani
Added in the fact he is a cunt.

15 minutes ago, captainmed said:

The last time I got this wet was at Northampton away in 1990.

That first-half was a disgrace. The last  5 mins are what it’s all about.

Dancing through the puddles on the way back in to town.

Quick exit, back to Spoons. Full of moody dressers.

What a bloody comeback.

UTW.

There two, quite close to each other!

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'm assuming taking Baptiste off for Isgrove put us more into a 4-4-2. Is that not so ?

I thought it was more 4-3-3 tbh but he will revert to 3-5-2 , I would imagine for the next game it's his preferred system.