Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Retraining at 40 (+)

royal white

30 minutes ago, royal white said:

Thanks for all your info and experiences guys and girls, I knew WW would come in handy one day 😉 

Seriously as I initially posted:

if you are going to do it, make certain you really want this, get the family fully on board and dedicate yourself 110%. You cannot let yourself look or go back even if you are having second thoughts.

In my opinion you should go for it, you only live once

36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So when does the only fans start then?

Friday, I’ll send you a 30% off code

7 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Seriously as I initially posted:

if you are going to do it, make certain you really want this, get the family fully on board and dedicate yourself 110%. You cannot let yourself look or go back even if you are having second thoughts.

In my opinion you should go for it, you only live once

Cheers Dimron, your last sentence is what it’s all about 👍

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Poor coppers.  All other emergency services workers are, quite rightly, lauded but they just get lots of shit from all sides! 

Fire service was the cushy number in comparison wasnt it? Put out the odd fire, play lots of pool, go to bed on your night shift and gold plated retirement in your 50s.  I imagine a lot of that's gone now.

Pretty much got it nailed on there. You missed the cats up trees though. And snooker, cards and table tennis. Oh, darts and dominoes too. I was a sportsman back in the day.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Pretty much got it nailed on there. You missed the cats up trees though. And snooker, cards and table tennis. Oh, darts and dominoes too. I was a sportsman back in the day.

I did look at the fire brigade Micky, is it something you’d recommend for an older bloke 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, royal white said:

I did look at the fire brigade Micky, is it something you’d recommend for an older bloke 

I don't know how old you are but they've taken the she limit away now so if you're fit enough you're young enough. The only issue I'd have though is the amount of time you'd have to pay for a decent pension. The job itself is fantastic. Who doesn't love walking into an oven temperature building while instinct says fuck that! Go for it.

Edited by MickyD
Fat thumbs

9 hours ago, MickyD said:

I don't know how old you are but they've taken the she limit away now so if you're fit enough you're young enough. The only issue I'd have though is the amount of time you'd have to pay for a decent pension. The job itself is fantastic. Who doesn't love walking into an oven temperature building while instinct says fuck that! Go for it.

I’m 42 though I could easily pass as 41. Cheers for the advice, something else to Look at. 

8 hours ago, Traf said:

RW laughs in the face of danger, he'd love it.

😂😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 03/01/2021 at 18:42, royal white said:

I’m just pricing courses up now! 

did you look into this?

my brother is looking at retraining and reckons he'd be interested in this sort of thing

tried DMing you to get course details by says you can't receive messages

any pointers from @Spider also be good 

Edited by ZicoKelly

52 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

did you look into this?

my brother is looking at retraining and reckons he'd be interested in this sort of thing

I’m doing a gas engineers course as I have a mate who has said he will take me on once I’ve completed it however I’m going to also look at doing the renewables as well as an add on, there seems to be a few of the gas/plumbing lads doing this. 

Ive linked the renewable courses I looked at and was advised about but I’m sure @spider will have more info.

https://ectatraining.co.uk/renewable-energy-engineer-training/

55 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

did you look into this?

He blocked you after your Tour de Stadiums the other week. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Smiley said:

Electrician who can install car charging points on houses and in commercial car parks. 

Tell me that’s not a huge winner?

Mate of mine is doing the same but at motorway service stations and large shopping malls.