Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Daytime Telly

Spider

• Site Supporter

Like most, I've ended up with half an eye on more daytime telly over the last few months.

Here are some things I have noticed:

* The target market for advertisers are hard up pisspots (Loan shark companies) and elderly coin collectors who love Spitfires and that (Michael Burke earnestly encouraging the nation's coffin dodgers to buy half a sovereign with a picture of the Red Baron on or something like that.

* That massive bird from Middlesbrough (Stef?) who looks like a cross between Max Headroom and Hulk Hogan has a lunchtime show that seems to be produced by a load of 12 year olds with a camcorder and a running order written by some pigeons that have trod in a puddle of ink.

* There's a lot of people who don't work that spend their time either buying £5 antiques or £50,000 timeshares about 40 miles from the nearest Spanish beach, all whilst claiming it's luxurious and exactly what they've always dreamed of when they'd have been better off buying a 4th floor flat in Walsall overlooking a nearby metal fabrication factory.

It must be responsible for the bulk of UK suicides.

• Members

Escape to the country is the worst one. Recently retired Graham and Margaret want to downsize to a min 4 bed, 2 bath, detached house in The Cotswolds with enough acres of land for their 2 Yorkshire terriers to piss in. Budget is £750,000. 

Fuckers never buy the houses shown. Always left to 'think about it' 

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

the creepy very short bloke who presents it, he's got the smallest hands in the world

Probably look small against big Dions

Homes Under The Hammer...

Some posh woman bought a flat above a shop in Brixton, she got a bloke to give it a lick of paint, put a new lighbulb in the stairwell and a new towel ring and bogroll hook in the toilet.

Resold it within about six weeks for about £90k+ more than she paid.

Never watched it since. Wankers, I despise mammon begats mammon.

Apparently 'Escape to the Chateau' is responsible for loads of bourgeouis self-loathing Brits to squander their ill-gotten gains on moneypit tramp's nests in La France.

Neglecting to consider he's got a Major's Army pension, his missus' family are quite well off and they have all that TV money coming in.

Loads of these monied wankers are in the poorhouse now, good 😀 (apart from that Stephanie upper-crust tart - I'd be her handyman anytime).

Minder - it's on daily on a constant loop, coming to the end now, soon be back to the first ones with Dennis Waterman, the early ones often jump and miss out episodes, presumably because they're unscreenable now.

Cheers - surprised Sam Malone hasn't come under the #metoo spotlight.

Find it, fix it, flog it - find one that ain't on its fourteenth repeat.

It stays off now, apart from Minder, I have a late lunch during that.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Apparently 'Escape to the Chateau' is responsible for loads of bourgeouis self-loathing Brits to squander their ill-gotten gains on moneypit tramp's nests in La France.

Neglecting to consider he's got a Major's Army pension, his missus' family are quite well off and they have all that TV money coming in.

My bosses wife is co-owner of an events company with that woman, they're apparently quite a nice couple.

Anyhow, get this, folk pay a fortune to go and stay at the Chateau and help tend to the land and do jobs around the gaff. Basically, well to do folk, forking out loads of cash to go and plant runner beans and build wattle and daub outhouses just so they can feel like "at one with the earth" and pretend they're environmentalists who "make do and mend" and can be self sustaining................even though they've driven down from their 6 bed detached barn conversion in Tring in their gas guzzler Range Rover Sport, with only a Fortnum & Mason hamper for sustenance on the journey.

I think I've turned into Youri 😗

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

My bosses wife is co-owner of an events company with that woman, they're apparently quite a nice couple.

Anyhow, get this, folk pay a fortune to go and stay at the Chateau and help tend to the land and do jobs around the gaff. Basically, well to do folk, forking out loads of cash to go and plant runner beans and build wattle and daub outhouses just so they can feel like "at one with the earth" and pretend they're environmentalists who "make do and mend" and can be self sustaining................even though they've driven down from their 6 bed detached barn conversion in Tring in their gas guzzler Range Rover Sport, with only a Fortnum & Mason hamper for sustenance on the journey.

I think I've turned into Youri 😗

I don't mind the couple nor the programme.

Most of the others seem alreet tbh.

I just wonder how the others made enough money to go and create fucking yoga retreats etc.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Like most, I've ended up with half an eye on more daytime telly over the last few months.

Here are some things I have noticed:

* The target market for advertisers are hard up pisspots (Loan shark companies) and elderly coin collectors who love Spitfires and that (Michael Burke earnestly encouraging the nation's coffin dodgers to buy half a sovereign with a picture of the Red Baron on or something like that.

* That massive bird from Middlesbrough (Stef?) who looks like a cross between Max Headroom and Hulk Hogan has a lunchtime show that seems to be produced by a load of 12 year olds with a camcorder and a running order written by some pigeons that have trod in a puddle of ink.

* There's a lot of people who don't work that spend their time either buying £5 antiques or £50,000 timeshares about 40 miles from the nearest Spanish beach, all whilst claiming it's luxurious and exactly what they've always dreamed of when they'd have been better off buying a 4th floor flat in Walsall overlooking a nearby metal fabrication factory.

It must be responsible for the bulk of UK suicides.

stef would you have a bash 

its a lesbo 

its a strage looking thing 

4 minutes ago, little whitt said:

its a lesbo 

I’d smash it all Over the place. Repeatedly. 

not sure how I would feel if she was looking back at me with the massive heed but I would find a way to deal with it. 

warm And wet that’s all that matters 

Since I've turned it off, even though it was mainly just background noise, I've noticed an increase in my productivity - my thinking is clearer and more focused.

I'd forgot how stupifying telly can be.

One time, at a point when I only had one telly, it blew up - it was in the middle of the premiere of that Stone Roses documentary, it annoyed me so much I thought "Fuck you, then" and didn't bother replacing it.

Went about eight or nine months without one and didn't bother with i-player etc. either. I got loads done in that period.

Lots of people, especially new visitors, thought it was batshit crazy not having one.

I might give it up entirely again...

Hmmm. 🤔

8 minutes ago, little whitt said:

its a lesbo 

It's probably from all the chemicals they put in her chips.

She's a smogmonster.

They have so-called chefs on that strange show of hers, aside from one (Ruby?) who's easy on the eye too, the stuff they produce looks like a 3am post-pissup effort.

She obviously is an uncivilized beast as she is largely oblivious to how shite the food is.

• Members
2 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Escape to the country is the worst one. Recently retired Graham and Margaret want to downsize to a min 4 bed, 2 bath, detached house in The Cotswolds with enough acres of land for their 2 Yorkshire terriers to piss in. Budget is £750,000. 

Fuckers never buy the houses shown. Always left to 'think about it' 

“Yeah we’ve really struggled to buy one we truly like” 

• Members
2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Homes under the hammer

i never get bored of it 

There are some right grotty holes on it, but if it’s near a tube stop to London, throw on another £200k 

A Place in the Sun.

"Hmmm...the windows are a bit small"

It's Andalucia you thick twats - have fucking panorama windows and you could grow tomatoes year round indoors.

"I don't like the tiles - it needs a carpet..."

"It's a bit small for the grandkids"

You've probably got twenty or thirty years left, the grandkids will probably want to come to your piss-smelling hovel for three/four years tops - fuck the grandkids.

I'm sure some just go on it for a free holiday.

That said, I think it's pointless moving anywhere for 'the sun' that ain't ten (or less) minutes walk from the sea.