Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In America

Zico

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I shouldn't worry- he's 78 iirc, so chances are he wouldn't be in the job for too long anyway!

Having watched that clip; it's the first I've heard of Trump's lot actually wanting to remove those democratic institutions. Clearly they're not happy about how some of them perform, and there is debate to be had over whether people of the law should be elected for example, but is that the same as wanting them to be scrapped?

Can't say the nitty gritty of American society etc is really my thing, but is it really as bad as that?

Stuff there about climate change, ignorance and slow movement, but that is an issue all over the world.

Trump spent his presidency trying to undermine US and international institutions. And he'll do the same again. He's also done his best to undermine democracy. Christ, he literally tried to overturn the democratic will of the American people. I don't understand how people can look at him as anything other than an extreme threat to our way of life.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if DT tried to engineer a third term. And I wouldn't be surprised if his supporters backed him. My view is that there's a really dangerous undercurrent in the US at the moment and it's bloody ugly. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

The world was a much safer place before Biden.

Open your eyes and look what's happened in the last 4 years.

Also ask yourselves why Trump, after everything he's been accused of ... is now favourite to become the next leader of the most influential country in the world.

Someone fucked up somewhere. But it's never their fault is it.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Also ask yourselves why Trump, after everything he's been accused of ... is now favourite to become the next leader of the most influential country in the world.

Explain how it was safer

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Do you think it wasn't?

You tell me. It was your statement, I’m just asking you to explain how you came to that conclusion.

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

You tell me. It was your statement, I’m just asking you to explain how you came to that conclusion.

It's an obvious statement. This doesn't include past 2022. I'm sure it's around the same if not more in the last two years.

One things for sure ... it won't be lower then when Trump was in office.

SmartSelect_20240121_220021_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cc3914bf6a2656135dccd895ef000585.jpg

Edited by wanderer1984

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

It's an obvious statement. This doesn't include past 2022. I'm sure it's around the same if not more in the last two years.

One things for sure ... it won't be lower then when Trump was in office.

SmartSelect_20240121_220021_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cc3914bf6a2656135dccd895ef000585.jpg

How many Americans (and Brits) are included in that graph?

Do you feel less safe?

Have you constructed a bunker yet?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

You are thick as mince. Biden is far from perfect but Trump is a narcissistic wanker.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

No ... you're assuming I'm blaming Biden.

All I said was the world was a safer place when Trump was in charge. Which is True.

Wild.

Ah ok

i look forward to Trump winning and the Jews and Muzzies shaking hands in Jerusalem, Putin saying sorry and pulling out, and the Chinese sending Taiwan a nice MAGA hamper for Christmas.

🙃🙃🙃

26 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

No ... you're assuming I'm blaming Biden.

All I said is the world was a safer place when Trump was in charge. Which is True.

Wild.

There were fewer high profile conflicts when DT was in charge - but then we were in the middle of a pandemic. So people had bigger fish to fry. DT fucked his allies over, cosied up to Russia and North Korea, took the brakes off Iran developing a nuclear weapon and led an insurrection in his own country. 

And he's likely to repeat the same disastrous cycle all over again next time around. Anyway - you're a fan - we get it! 

• Members
7 hours ago, kent_white said:

How the hell have we ended up here.

We're on a really rocky road here. 

It all comes down to over population pal. It really does.

The driver behind mass migration. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Spider said:

Trump is a coward hiding behind his wall and his inward looking approach.

Trump and others will be seen as visionaries in the long run.

Over population will mean the trickle will become a flood so get used to the idea of walls etc.

All comes down to chance. How lucky you are in the birth stakes.

• Members
5 hours ago, kent_white said:

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if DT tried to engineer a third term. And I wouldn't be surprised if his supporters backed him. My view is that there's a really dangerous undercurrent in the US at the moment and it's bloody ugly. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

The only thing you are wrong about is the location of the undercurrent. It is global but you need to remove the blinkers. Viktor Orban, Geert Wilders, Marine Le Pen, Meloni etc. Indicators.