Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

“Classic” films you’ve never seen

Rudy

• Members
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

not having it

character development

Sarah Connor starts off as the sort of person who wouldn't say boo to a goose, not the mentalist who turns up in T2

and she's not the only Sarah Connor who gets terminated

and T101 wasn't always a good guy you know

get it watched

SPOILER ALERT

You've just told me and made my point that I don’t need to see it 

When I come and stay at yours for a weekend we’ll have a watch 

The Terminator was on the other week, I was listening to tuneroonies 😀 so I left it on muted/subtitled...

I knew nearly every line verbatim.

Seen bits of T2 but never watched it from start to finish.

I disliked Edward Furlong, I used to dislike actors who were roughly my age when starring in films, I used to think ''they're shit and getting loads (of jamima) 'cause of that - I could do better..."

Used to think the same of Culkin when Home Alone came out so gave that a swerve too.

I thought the jemima was wasted on him, Neverland trips not so...

He was shagging Mila Kunis once upon a time, not then, but I bet full grown coked-out Hollywood slags would've let the grubby little pervert fuck 'em at the height of his fame if they thought it would boost their career.

57 minutes ago, Zico said:

not having it

character development

Sarah Connor starts off as the sort of person who wouldn't say boo to a goose, not the mentalist who turns up in T2

and she's not the only Sarah Connor who gets terminated

and T101 wasn't always a good guy you know

get it watched

Its also 100 times a better film as well to be honest.

Plus, how would the end where he sacrifices himself has as much emotionial heft without knowing how one of these machines hunted her down - and the person she loved - in the first one, to letting one protect the most precious thing in her life - her son.

Youngsters.... 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its also 100 times a better film as well to be honest.

Plus, how would the end where he sacrifices himself has as much emotionial heft without knowing how one of these machines hunted her down - and the person she loved - in the first one, to letting one protect the most precious thing in her life - her son.

Youngsters.... 

right it’s on my list for the week. If it’s not as good, expect a strongly worded points of view style rant on here

21 minutes ago, Spider said:

Culkin has sent a search party up Mila Kunis???

No justice at all.

During his drugged-out period an' all...

Loathe him or hate him, in 'My Booky Wook' (I was staying at a book-poor household) Russell Brand details how he was sleazing on Kunis on some film set and she diverted by saying "This is my boyfriend, Mack..." as a figure arrived, Brand turned around and there was Culkin.

Brand reckoned he had to almost physically stop himself from doing the 'hands on cheeks' shock gesture and greet him normally etc. instead.

He also hinted at 'no justice' (Brand) - which I thought was a bit rich coming from him.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The Terminator was on the other week, I was listening to tuneroonies 😀 so I left it on muted/subtitled...

I knew nearly every line verbatim.

Seen bits of T2 but never watched it from start to finish.

I disliked Edward Furlong, I used to dislike actors who were roughly my age when starring in films, I used to think ''they're shit and getting loads (of jamima) 'cause of that - I could do better..."

Used to think the same of Culkin when Home Alone came out so gave that a swerve too.

I thought the jemima was wasted on him, Neverland trips not so...

He was shagging Mila Kunis once upon a time, not then, but I bet full grown coked-out Hollywood slags would've let the grubby little pervert fuck 'em at the height of his fame if they thought it would boost their career.

"I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle"

Arnold Schwarzenegger Visits Pope Francis, Talks Environmental Issues - ABC  News

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

SPOILER ALERT

You've just told me and made my point that I don’t need to see it 

When I come and stay at yours for a weekend we’ll have a watch 

sounds good

you see Arnie's arse too

• Moderators

After this discussion decided to watch Terminator for first time in ages 

Searched for "Terminator" to find there are actually six films in total! 

I thought there were 4 

Are any after T2 actually any good and do the Terminators ever manage to bump off John Connor? If they do, I'll watch them

8 hours ago, Zico said:

I thought there were 4 

Are any after T2 actually any good and do the Terminators ever manage to bump off John Connor? If they do, I'll watch them

The one with Christian Bale in it is beyond dreadful. I think one of them might be OK, but certainly there was a 'reboot' that tried to ignore the couple of shit films that went before it.

13 hours ago, Zico said:

I thought there were 4 

The third one is really shit.

The rest are watchable, but don't come anywhere close to 1 and 2.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, DazBob said:

The third one is really shit.

The rest are watchable, but don't come anywhere close to 1 and 2.

I think I might have seen the Christian Bale one when I was stoned once, seem to recall not being to hear anything, or it just being a load of explosions

now I've watched one again, I must just fuck it and watch all 6, I couldn't possible leave 3 out, my OCD would go off the scale

• Members
38 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m amazed so many haven’t watched the Godfather trilogy. 1 & 2 will always be in my top 10, absolute classics. 

Yeah so am I, going to the dogs this place Matt

1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

Like what? Clueless 

Erm, no.

Well actually I take that back, I've watched Clueless more times than Stand By Me, it's actually a great film, famously loosely based on Emma by Jane Austen. It actually got my eldest to read that book, so fuck it yeah, Clueless is a better film.

Edited by Not in Crawley