Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

Sorry but even though we won, that was inept and we ended up very nearly giving it away. Sarce came on and had four or five clear opportunities to shoot, yet never even considered it, just wanted to pass. It’s no wonder we don’t score goals, this must be the most inept forward line that’s ever worn our shirt, yes, I know it’s another moan even though it’s a step closer to the automatics but that really was painful and it shouldn’t have been. We could easily have conceded late on and that’s why we need to kill games off when we’re on top. Sadly though, we don’t have the players to do it so it looks like sweating up to the end.

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

Sorry but even though we won, that was inept and we ended up very nearly giving it away. Sarce came on and had four or five clear opportunities to shoot, yet never even considered it, just wanted to pass. It’s no wonder we don’t score goals, this must be the most inept forward line that’s ever worn our shirt, yes, I know it’s another moan even though it’s a step closer to the automatics but that really was painful and it shouldn’t have been. We could easily have conceded late on and that’s why we need to kill games off when we’re on top. Sadly though, we don’t have the players to do it so it looks like sweating up to the end.

Kindly log off and enjoy the victory.

2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Fucking hell.

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Mate I was exactly the same

Hope they get beat in the play offs. Niggly horrible wankers

I could just see it coming, we’d get in a position that is one good pass away from finishing the game off, wasted it with some half arsed looking shit (Fonz was awful when he came on and I wanted him on there), then they launch a long ball and look for flick ons or a good break. Each time it needed one of our players to sweep up or us to get the bounce of the ball and you just knew that one would give them a chance - just a good job we defended well / got the luck.

Wouldn’t be Bolton if we were 4-0 up with 20 mins to go though. What I’d have given to be in the away end for that.

End of the day it is highly likely that we’ll be back in the stadiums watching the whites back in league one next season, and this time we’ll be on the up.

Up the fucking whites

2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Christ we were all papping it a few mins ago but we're reet now

Someone hide his shoe laces FFS

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Just be happy, we can all see that we didn't kill the game off and should have done, how about focus on the positives seeing as they greatly outweigh the negatives at this moment in time?

Whites on course for promotion, have a drink and chill out

Edited by Mantra

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Can't believe people are on here saying they were shitting bricks watching that & then you get called for that post 😂

7 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Correct! Have a fuckin shot for fucks sake! Tippy tappy is ok if you are 2 up! My nerves are shot!

for people who expect us to just sweep past opposition because they had 10 men yes the 2nd half was poor. We managed the game really well. Teams are always going to get that 1 chance regardless. 

chances to wrap up the game? Yes. Wrong decisions? Yes. Reality check: we’re watching L2 players lads. If they made the right decisions all the time they wouldn’t be a) at our club and b) playing in this league 

we’ve beaten our nearest rivals away from home 3 games away from the end of the season. We win at home next week and we’re up. Taken that in January? Course you fucking would. Enjoy the result, enjoy the week and hopefully enjoy promotion next week