Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sorry, but if you've based your whole assessment of the situation on these grossly erroneous beliefs then you're way off the mark.

All media channels have regularly detailed events, including rocket attacks, for years.

The terrorist event, and immediately after included the firing of 10,000 rockets.

Why the fuckery should any nation have to have a permanent system in place to accommodate such intrusion?

In short, it was absolutely the aim of the war- the remove the capability of the Hamas fighters to conduct such activities, and eliminate the fighters themselves. 

aye, I've acknowledged that with the wiki page

it's shite what Hamas do

and so it goes that Israel's response is shite too

they didn't need to kill over 30k Palestinians to remove that capability

and if Israel weren't constantly trying to displace Palestians not as many missles woudl be fired

and so on

and so forth

same as it ever was

have Israel finished yet? it's been 5 months now

2 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Going for a walk now but a question.

Why did a bunch of flag waving, lefty, Palestinian supporters think it was a good idea to harass, mainly pensioners, at the entrance to Barclays Bank in Bolton town centre yesterday? 

It will be on the national news later I’m sure.

Right after the other piece about the US having to build a port to ensure a whole city isn’t deliberately starved to death by Israel.

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Do you not understand the words current & escalation?  

Course mate 👍

There has been a huge escalation of Palestinians being attacked in the West Bank by Israeli settlers since the new govn gained power. Their policies were displacing innocent people from their land.

Israels own defence minister resigned saying they were going to cause an escalation. 

It’s very odd that you think only Hamas started this. 

Edited by London Wanderer

31 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Course mate 👍

There has been a huge escalation of Palestinians being attacked in the West Bank by Israeli settlers since the new govn gained power. Their policies were displacing innocent people from their land.

Israels own defence minister resigned saying they were going to cause an escalation. 

It’s very odd that you think only Hamas started this. 

Not sure why you are not understanding this, the terrorist attack was the primary catalyst for Israel attacking Gaza. We all know this issue has been bubbling for centuries, but no one can deny the latest attacks on Gaza would not of happened if Hamas had not killed 1300 Israelis in that terrorist attack. 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think the point is, if you don't take into account the modern historic content and start taking sides you end up looking a bit myopic with a fairly complex issue.

You’re the one who created the illusion of people taking sides on political grounds when you mentioned the right wingers. Have the left wingers not taken a side?

My leanings were forged prior to 7th October. People will make judgements based on their experience and their reading of history. Mine includes the wars in 67 and 73. Not sure if that covers your modern era. The build up to the wars, the supporting sides and repercussions. I therefore ‘lean’ towards Israel. So that’s maybe an age thing rather than political.
It’s also possible that people who either read or comment on here could be Jewish. I know we had at least one who unfortunately doesn’t post now.

I fully support Israel in their determination to remove Hamas from control of Gaza. I don’t support their methods. Like everyone one else though, I don’t have a solution. 

Interesting reading this thread at its beginning in 2021.

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

It will be on the national news later I’m sure.

Nah just the local paper. Nothing to see here. Just old ladies being intimidated by Ne’er-do-wells. 

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

You’re the one who created the illusion of people taking sides on political grounds when you mentioned the right wingers. Have the left wingers not taken a side?

My leanings were forged prior to 7th October. People will make judgements based on their experience and their reading of history. Mine includes the wars in 67 and 73. Not sure if that covers your modern era. The build up to the wars, the supporting sides and repercussions. I therefore ‘lean’ towards Israel. So that’s maybe an age thing rather than political.
It’s also possible that people who either read or comment on here could be Jewish. I know we had at least one who unfortunately doesn’t post now.

I fully support Israel in their determination to remove Hamas from control of Gaza. I don’t support their methods. Like everyone one else though, I don’t have a solution. 

Interesting reading this thread at its beginning in 2021.

This is what interests me/ confuses me, you can obviously lean which way you like, but, 1967 was only 20 years after Jewish insurgents were hanging  executed British soldiers in trees and booby trapping their bodies so those cutting them down copped it too and there was anti Jewish demos in Britain .

it’s like leaning towards the Taliban now , as they’re now the government in Afghanistan and ignoring what they did in the early 2000s  

not saying you are wrong, just saying it’s strange that people pick either side with such surety on this conflict 

Just now, fatolive said:

This is what interests me/ confuses me, you can obviously lean which way you like, but, 1967 was only 20 years after Jewish insurgents were hanging  executed British soldiers in trees and booby trapping their bodies so those cutting them down copped it too and there was anti Jewish demos in Britain .

it’s like leaning towards the Taliban now , as they’re now the government in Afghanistan and ignoring what they did in the early 2000s  

not saying you are wrong, just saying it’s strange that people pick either side with such surety on this conflict 

The IRA bombed Warrington. (and more) I don’t dislike the Irish. 

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

The IRA bombed Warrington. (and more) I don’t dislike the Irish. 

Not dislike or like 

you more than likely don’t support the republican cause in Ireland now though I’d say 

that’s me being presumptuous , but I doubt you’d support the aims that those who did that in Warrington want to achieve and you wouldn’t side with them

14 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Not dislike or like 

you more than likely don’t support the republican cause in Ireland now though I’d say 

that’s me being presumptuous , but I doubt you’d support the aims that those who did that in Warrington want to achieve and you wouldn’t side with them

Of all the rabbit holes that this thread could go down, I didn’t expect this. The Republican Cause is of no concern to me. I won’t even mention the Republican Cause and the PLO. Now that is a rabbit hole.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Of all the rabbit holes that this thread could go down, I didn’t expect this. The Republican Cause is of no concern to me. I won’t even mention the Republican Cause and the PLO. Now that is a rabbit hole.

Yeh I know what you mean, but not creating a rabbit hole, certainly don’t want to, I’m just  making the comparison , doesn’t matter the cause , just the organisation/ cause you said you supported were murdering British troops 20 years prior to your support starting and you wouldn’t do that for any other, it seems the Isreal thing is unique in that respect and I find it interesting and confusing in equal measure . 
not just you either by the way, in general 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not sure why you are not understanding this, the terrorist attack was the primary catalyst for Israel attacking Gaza. We all know this issue has been bubbling for centuries, but no one can deny the latest attacks on Gaza would not of happened if Hamas had not killed 1300 Israelis in that terrorist attack. 

What were the catalysts for Hamas to commit their atrocities? 

Would they have still done so if Israel hadn’t continued to attack & displace innocent Palestinians?

34 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

What were the catalysts for Hamas to commit their atrocities? 

The peace talks that could have had a peaceful solution to the Gaza problem. Terrorists don’t like ‘peaceful’ solutions. We’ve been through this before. We’ve been through everything before. 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/09/1141302

edit. Link added for those that didn’t see it first time round.

Edited by BobyBrno

21 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

The peace talks that could have had a peaceful solution to the Gaza problem. Terrorists don’t like ‘peaceful’ solutions. We’ve been through this before. We’ve been through everything before. 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/09/1141302

edit. Link added for those that didn’t see it first time round.

Of course they don’t. 

The current Israeli government doesn’t either. No desire to stop land being taken, innocents being displaced etc. 

All of which was happening in the run up to these horrific attacks. There is nothing meaningful or concrete in that link to suggest the treaty would prevent Palestinians suffering. We need the current far right mob gone . 

There are two sides of extremists at play here. And folk like yourself who try to justify their leaning to one side only end up looking daft.

But we’ve been over this ….

9 minutes ago, deeane Koontz said:

What's with all these IDF weirdos posing with womens underwear?

Been a constant from the IDF to be honest. Imagine dressing up in butchered girls underwear 🤢

There’s much worse out there as well. Muppets.

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Of course they don’t. 

The current Israeli government doesn’t either. No desire to stop land being taken, innocents being displaced etc. 

All of which was happening in the run up to these horrific attacks. There is nothing meaningful or concrete in that link to suggest the treaty would prevent Palestinians suffering. We need the current far right mob gone . 

There are two sides of extremists at play here. And folk like yourself who try to justify their leaning to one side only end up looking daft.

But we’ve been over this ….

You asked for a catalyst. I gave you one. 
#daftasabrushme

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Been a constant from the IDF to be honest. There’s much worse out there. Muppets.

Do you really believe they are genuine?

Look at the source. 
#daftasabrushyou

7 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Going for a walk now but a question.

Why did a bunch of flag waving, lefty, Palestinian supporters think it was a good idea to harass, mainly pensioners, at the entrance to Barclays Bank in Bolton town centre yesterday? 

It’s an illness. It has to be, it’s not normal behaviour. 

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

It’s an illness. It has to be, it’s not normal behaviour. 

Some people thought it was funny🤷‍♂️

Illness isn’t the word I’d use. Radical came to mind. I’ve walked through the town centre countless times over the last 40 odd years and I’ve never seen anything like that. (I’ve even seen Vinnie Jones drinking coffee with a sandwich in the old Market Hall)

Maybe this is the norm that we all have to get used to. 
Some people were always frightened of the rise of the ‘flagshaggers’ seeking the extermination of the Jews.

I don’t think they had this particular flag in mind.  🇵🇸 

• Members
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Would they have still done so if Israel hadn’t continued to attack & displace innocent Palestinians?

On the basis they're a terrorist organisation that doesn't believe Israel should exist, probably yes

56 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

On the basis they're a terrorist organisation that doesn't believe Israel should exist, probably yes

They’re vile.

I doubt that they would have done what they did, at least on that scale, if not for Israeli aggression. 

And Israel must be close to butchering 50x the amount Hamas have. Some going to kill that many more innocents than a terrorist organisation. 

16 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

They’re vile.

I doubt that they would have done what they did, at least on that scale, if not for Israeli aggression. 

And Israel must be close to butchering 50x the amount Hamas have. Some going to kill that many more innocents than a terrorist organisation. 

Kind of like Britain, many European countries and the United States have been doing the last few years. Didnt someone on here said Israel should be acting more like Britain?