Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

With Aunt Bessie frozen Yorkshire Puddings and mushy peas?

Animals.

The sane will be eating pizza and curry, perhaps with a side of fries.

I'm getting my bird tomorrow. Just hope it didn't cop for it via avian flu. Another viral jump.

While I mentioned the LFT kits, an experience from the weekend. Had a family gathering on Saturday. As we have a flight booked for the 29th and a PCR test on the 27th, I asked those coming to take a test. My niece contacted me on Saturday morning to say that she and her husband were negative but her 10 year old daughter was positive. They didn’t come. The next day they all took a PCR and all 3 positive. They have now had to cancel their Christmas meal at the Marriott and they avoided passing it on to those who came. Probably saved us from having to cancel our trip. 
I’m keeping away from everyone until our PCR. Keeping our fingers double crossed.🤞🤞

13 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

With regard to SAGE - why are a firm dedicated to producing accountancy software even chipping in with their opinions on the pandemic?

They want stuffin

The science briefing yesterday confirmed it is too soon to know how mild or serious Omicron will be and when its growth rate will start falling. The official forecasts suggest a lower peak in intensive care than for previous wave.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is it fook. 

Quality free range bugger.

Loads of roast spuds, veg, etc.

Hardly stodge, whereas a doughy pizza base, loaded with shat cheese is low gi diet food.

I didn’t say takeout pizza did I?

It (the turkey not the pizza) could've been raised in The Galapagos Islands feeding on the finest Indian corn - it's still going to be dry as fuck and bland.

People like Christmas dinner because they're usually pissed up when it's dished up.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It's been like that for a long time.

Someone stated on here that the Media are the main opposition to the Government, that looks to be true.

I said from the beginning of this pandemic that we require honesty with regards to covid, what we got was a complete manipulation of the truth, it's a national and global health issue, we've had nothing but over eggerated over the top worse case senerio forecast, SAGE have spouted some absolute shite, and there's been scaremongering from the Government of the highest order.

Nah. Planning for a worst case situation is important and responsible.

Sage members are only ever interviewed as a separate individual and not in their sage capacity. Personally, I don't believe they should be allowed to be interviewed, but that's just my opinion.

Their advice is based on science, though as its not exact, they won't always agree, but that's why they have sub committees and several members to produce an overall picture. Its then the responsibility of the cmo etc to make recommendations. How on earth you can say they spout absolute shite is perverse and frankly entirely opinion based- the odd leaked snippet and interview hardly represents a complete insight into their workings.

Neither do I consider so many dead, seriously ill etc as scaremongering. That's with lots of restrictions too.

You've just put up a link to Liverpool hospital- yet many still remain unvaccinated. They don't exactly seem scared.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nah. Planning for a worst case situation is important and responsible.

Sage members are only ever interviewed as a separate individual and not in their sage capacity. Personally, I don't believe they should be allowed to be interviewed, but that's just my opinion.

Their advice is based on science, though as its not exact, they won't always agree, but that's why they have sub committees and several members to produce an overall picture. Its then the responsibility of the cmo etc to make recommendations. How on earth you can say they spout absolute shite is perverse and frankly entirely opinion based- the odd leaked snippet and interview hardly represents a complete insight into their workings.

Neither do I consider so many dead, seriously ill etc as scaremongering. That's with lots of restrictions too.

You've just put up a link to Liverpool hospital- yet many still remain unvaccinated. They don't exactly seem scared.

What a fuckin reasonable, reasoned, considered post. 

Wasted on here

15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Nah, I want realistic data, not the worse case senerio, because when that data doesn't suffice, it fuels the anti-vax and covid deniers brigade.

The Liverpool hospital link from the express is just one story, there could be another story on the Web about the Vaccinated being in ICU, as for SAGE they've not got much right imo.

There's also a disparity over the deaths from Covid within 28 data, this has been going on from the beginning and some reports state that the deceased may have had covid, but didn't die from covid.

Our testing is also 2.5 times more than Italy, 2 x Spain and nearly 4 times as high has Germany, and yet we were slow on the uptake, we've certainly made great strides since, but the rest seem to have laxed.

This was a couple of weeks ago. As you say, we lead the way in tests. Over 6 million boosters in the last week. These are positives that most on here don’t want to hear. 
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

28 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

The correct terminology is McDs 

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

In @Youri McAnespie World, I reckon that gets red hot pokers inserted up your arse, whilst Eamon Holmes sucks you off

The correct terminology is nothing as only children eat there.

In my world Holmes would be shot for being an enemy of the people.

His wife Ruth could suck me off instead before she also joined Holmes in hell.