Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Wasn’t there something dodgy with the sale of the stadium a while back?

It was valued as stupid amounts, to keep the accounts looking like the business was staying within the rules. That was concluded to be false accounting & part of the reason they were penalised. 

Meanwhile Mel Morris still owns it & will play hardball when they do, finally, get new owners.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Theres was something about the ground not being included in the sale. 

I actually think Derbys size hinders the process. 

They’re in a lot of a pickle then and I can understand buyers being put off.  They’ve tried to get promoted, bent the rules to do so and still failed.  I’d imagine that would put off the clubs favoured buyers, but to have the ground part of a different deal, disaster unless they’re selling for a song.

If they miss the deadline, and cannot show they have money to last the season, they should stop fulfilling fixtures, and teams they can't play awarded the 3 points. 

After what we went through, i'm past caring now

35 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It was valued as stupid amounts, to keep the accounts looking like the business was staying within the rules. That was concluded to be false accounting & part of the reason they were penalised. 

Meanwhile Mel Morris still owns it & will play hardball when they do, finally, get new owners.

Aye bit like when we drew loans up based on inflated player values :)

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Re. "anyone on £90k plus advertising rights, sponsorship deals etc." ... I'm sure you're right but you've lost me.

Yes, sorry. I was saying that our manager would not have been on £90k per week plus add-ons to be able to defer some of it for players wages. That's why our lot felt they had to strike.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Wullie said:

If they miss the deadline, and cannot show they have money to last the season, they should stop fulfilling fixtures, and teams they can't play awarded the 3 points. 

After what we went through, i'm past caring now

Can’t give a team such an advantage. They’d either expunge half a season or the whole season.

• Members

My issue with these is there are no clear cut guidelines or rules of what happens in every scenario. There needs to be an independent commission over seeing the purchasing and ownership and running each clubs. Lawyers, accountants on the board not club owners or ex pros. Treated like CAS not the league. 

It’s all so fundamentally flawed so many rules open to interpretation. Have us Bury and Derby all been treated equally? 

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

My issue with these is there are no clear cut guidelines or rules of what happens in every scenario. There needs to be an independent commission over seeing the purchasing and ownership and running each clubs. Lawyers, accountants on the board not club owners or ex pros. Treated like CAS not the league. 

It’s all so fundamentally flawed so many rules open to interpretation. Have us Bury and Derby all been treated equally? 

even when forest, leicester, southampton, leeds, sheffield weds (the first time) abused it, they still haven't sorted the whole sordid business out

• Members
2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

even when forest, leicester, southampton, leeds, sheffield weds (the first time) abused it, they still haven't sorted the whole sordid business out

They’re an absolute joke mate. 

7 hours ago, Rudy said:

The EFLs patience ran out with Steve Dale who kept saying he'd provide proof of income and/or a takeover and never did.  That he still owned them a year later showed it was the right decision.  

I suspect Derby and the administrators there, are getting an extra bit of leeway to prevent another expulsion but as in our case, there has been some serious interest in a takeover. 

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

That 1903 cup final is cursed I tell ya. 🤣

7 hours ago, Traf said:

EFL reportedly not happy about the radio silence from Derby & the administrators.

The ultimate bluffers these guys. Shamefaced they kick the can down the road. Cannot name preferred bidders because of the Middlesbrough issue. That's solved & a new deadline passes .... another excuse. This is exactly how they dragged things out 12 months ago.

The club carries a debt of £60m, olus £28m for the Taxman. Add the Wycombe issue, questions over whether they can muster funds to pay Middlesbrough after all. Commitments are that they must pay 'footballing creditors' 100% (I've never rationalised this in Admin. law) and at least 25p in the £ for 'other creditors'. It seems they can't, despite the promises.

Inadequate funds to see the season out but they assure the EFL it's in the pipeline. Now go off radar and have avoided answering the phone to the EFL in 3 days, since that deadline passed. The EFL bods need to just turn up there.

We all know another arbitrary deadline will emerge. Promises made, not met ... ad infinitum.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The ultimate bluffers these guys. Shamefaced they kick the can down the road. Cannot name preferred bidders because of the Middlesbrough issue. That's solved & a new deadline passes .... another excuse. This is exactly how they dragged things out 12 months ago.

The club carries a debt of £60m, olus £28m for the Taxman. Add the Wycombe issue, questions over whether they can muster funds to pay Middlesbrough after all. Commitments are that they must pay 'footballing creditors' 100% (I've never rationalised this in Admin. law) and at least 25p in the £ for 'other creditors'. It seems they can't, despite the promises.

Inadequate funds to see the season out but they assure the EFL it's in the pipeline. Now go off radar and have avoided answering the phone to the EFL in 3 days, since that deadline passed. The EFL bods need to just turn up there.

We all know another arbitrary deadline will emerge. Promises made, not met ... ad infinitum.

Turning down bids for players in January as well as they reckoned the bids were taking the piss!!

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

How were they allowed to turn down bids ffs 

They took out 2 loans against their training ground that’ll take them to the end of the season.

However these will obviously have to be repaid or forfeit the land.

The ground is owned by the old owner who wants £20m for it apparently. 

Throw in the football debts which have to be paid, 25p in the £ for non secured debtors and a third division team - not sure which fool can see this as a viable prospect.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

How were they allowed to turn down bids ffs 

WAYNE ROONEY REVEALS ‘RIDICULOUS’ BIDS FOR DERBY COUNTY PLAYERS

Wayne Rooney has revealed that “ridiculous” bids have been made for Derby County players this month and compared them to going into a Ferrari garage with £10,000.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wayne-rooney-reveals-ridiculous-bids-for-derby-county-players/

3 players left in Jan for "undisclosed" fees, a regular to Wigan and 2 teenagers to Chelsea/Palace who weren't first team regulars

article says

Buchanan and Sibley are just two of the Derby players that have been linked with a move away from Pride Park in the winter window.

As per a Football League World exclusive, Max Bird, Jason Knight, and Jack Stretton are on the radars of a string of clubs.

While the Daily Mail has indicated that captain Tom Lawrence was also a player attracting attention from elsewhere.

bids had been rejected for both Buchanan and Sibley, dunno if any were made for the others mentioned, but they're all still there

piss take

46 minutes ago, Steejay said:

They took out 2 loans against their training ground that’ll take them to the end of the season.

However these will obviously have to be repaid or forfeit the land.

The ground is owned by the old owner who wants £20m for it apparently. 

Throw in the football debts which have to be paid, 25p in the £ for non secured debtors and a third division team - not sure which fool can see this as a viable prospect.

Big club, big fan base etc., etc.

I'd have sympathy if it wasn't the 3rd time they'd done this. Look at the lingering shit se get from fans of nobodies like Lincoln, Peterborough etc. for once &, only then, after almost throttling ourselves to avoid it.

The calculations look like £60m in debt. Some within football, some outside. £28m more to the taxman. Whatever the two training ground loans are (I'm sure we had to sell ours !). Potential cost of £20m+ to own their ground (many clubs rent theirs btw). Plus the Wycombe case ... & the cost of settling with 'Boro. Oh, & the huge fees demanded by the Administrators. 

So £110m+ approx. and being added to daily. As we found, when you lift the stones you'll find more.

If Rooney's wages ARE being inappropriately funded there should be more shite coming their way. If the Admin's have allowed that they could be accused of maladministration too.

Offers can be rejected if the judgement is that they are not value for money AND the business can continue trading without that income.

The fracas in Europe is going to make money more expensive & reduce its availability. Not a good time to be  struggling.

But ignoring the EFL isn't clever.

• 2 months later...

Be intrigued to see how these lot get on this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/vertragsende/verein/22/vertragsendeJahr/2022

Lot's of players out of contract this year, but got Sibley and Bielik contracted until 2024. Would have thought they'd have to sell them as they're probably on too big wages and too good for L1 but who knows?

We've seen with Sunlun, Sheffield Weds and Ipswich that it's not so easy to get out of L1, especially when there's problems higher up the ladder of the club