Private parking fine

Rudy

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

Our Maude  (who is a dick) went to bury for something to eat with her mates 

I said park in the rock it won’t be more than a tenner 

So what does she do ? parks on tesco. 

Get 2 hours , she’s on there for 2 hours 12 minutes cameras get her 

£100 fine. 

having a quick scan online because it’s private land and not council and it’s not a fine it’s an invoice has she got a leg to stand on appealing it?

£100 seems a bit excessive for 12 minutes 

Will a picture of her busters suffice?

Busters for example

I negotiated with Tesco (horwich) and they had the fine cancelled.

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I emailed the CEO and said that I would never shop at Tesco again.

I spend probably £70/week there.

Edited by boltondiver

36 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Middlebrook is now 6 hours free parking and given covid has fucked half of retail is unlikely to be rammers on match day anymore. 

I walk to the ground from home anyway but just thought I'd pass on the tip.

20 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Middlebrook is now 6 hours free parking and given covid has fucked half of retail is unlikely to be rammers on match day anymore. 

I walk to the ground from home anyway but just thought I'd pass on the tip.

We walk as well

• Moderators

Amazed if anyone has ever been done at tesco horwich on a match day

Been parking there as long as i can remember, easily 15 years, and never been done 

And given the number of cars coming off post match, neither has anyone else

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

Been parking there as long as i can remember, easily 15 years, and never been done 

I reckon because that's because tesco has twelvty thousand aisles of people wandering about aimless buying shit. 

Aldi have nailed it 4 aisles of basics. 2 aisles of wood turning lathes and caravan awnings. Boom. Everyone's a winner. 

Gone in 30 minutes! 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I reckon because that's because tesco has twelvty thousand aisles of people wandering about aimless buying shit. 

Aldi have nailed it 4 aisles of basics. 2 aisles of wood turning lathes and caravan awnings. Boom. Everyone's a winner. 

Gone in 30 minutes! 

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/mum-left-crying-shaking-speed-24765887

Mum left 'crying and shaking' by speed of Aldi cashier as food piled high

She claims the worker refused to slow down - even as food fell from the allocated packing area onto the floor 'like a slot machine'

38 minutes ago, Zico said:

I bet it's murder trying to get out, though.

• Moderators
Just now, Traf said:

I bet it's murder trying to get out, though.

Easier than middlebrook 

Couldn't compare to the official car park as never parked on it 

Used to park at a mates house near beehive, and at st Joseph's 

You end up walking further back to your car and getting stuck in the same traffic 

Given it's mostly always pissing down, years of experience tells me Tesco is always the best bet   

Bear in mind I normally also turn up at 2.55 looking to park

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Zico said:

Easier than middlebrook 

Couldn't compare to the official car park as never parked on it 

Used to park at a mates house near beehive, and at st Joseph's 

You end up walking further back to your car and getting stuck in the same traffic 

Given it's mostly always pissing down, years of experience tells me Tesco is always the best bet   

Bear in mind I normally also turn up at 2.55 looking to park

I've parked on tesco before when they had a small charge system going on. Was fine.

Called in the store on Saturday and noticed that that was no more. Didn't take a chance and parked the other side of cnr as usual. 

I've had a few of these fines for one reason or another over the years.... here's my take. Unless its council land or the police who fine you Ive NEVER ever once paid one these private company fines, they tries to my MRs for over parking 4 minutes on Mattalan in Bury. I got done at Tescos in Horwich once, and the newish retail park in Rawtenstall a couple of years ago. They write to you every month or two with varying degrees of threats and in different gusies (basically paper shuffling to another desk in the same office that writes under a different debt recovery name). They use big bright yellow and red letters FINAL warning etc, we MAY prosecute etc. 

Fact is unless they send you a court summons (it usually costs them more than the fine to start one) don't bother responding, I find after around 3 years they give up. I was prepared to go to court and see if a judge thinks £100 for 4 minute overstay on  sunday in an empty car park is 'reasonable'. So my advice until a court summons comes through (99.9% wont!) stick it in the bin. They can only go for CCJ's etc in a court and thats if you don't turn up. One of my fines started at £100 wen't up to £50 after 2 years, then down to £60 to settle immediatly, to final offer of £30. Most people are terrified by the wording and cough up, they make mllions off this. Also thoug, if the police or council fine you, just pay it if its your fault, they will take you to court and go for CCJs etc, bailifs. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I used to damage Műnchen stuff in shops, in Bolton...

Magazines, shirts etc.

Opportunistically.

One of my wife’s previous jobs was warehouse woman at Littlewoods. Occasionally, one of the lines they sold was children’s dressing gowns adorned with one of about four big clubs. I think it was Liverpool, United, Arsenal or Chelsea. The badges and two-letter monogram were ironed onto the garment in the warehouse, often by MrsD.

A ManU dressing gown? Certainly.

Badge on upside down? Certainly!