Private parking fine

Rudy

• Members

Our Maude  (who is a dick) went to bury for something to eat with her mates 

I said park in the rock it won’t be more than a tenner 

So what does she do ? parks on tesco. 

Get 2 hours , she’s on there for 2 hours 12 minutes cameras get her 

£100 fine. 

having a quick scan online because it’s private land and not council and it’s not a fine it’s an invoice has she got a leg to stand on appealing it?

£100 seems a bit excessive for 12 minutes 

Will a picture of her busters suffice?

Busters for example

• Site Supporter

Mine would be whatever happens absolutely dont ignore it.

Even if it comes to nothing it will bite you on the arse in years to come.

Is there not a discount for paying it early?

To be fair, she's parked up on someones private land then fucked off round Bury.  It doesnt get anymore open and shut.

Throw her down the stairs

• Members
Just now, barryk32 said:

Mine would be whatever happens absolutely dont ignore it.

Even if it comes to nothing it will bite you on the arse in years to come.

Is there not a discount for paying it early?

To be fair, she's parked up on someones private land then fucked off round Bury.  It doesnt get anymore open and shut.

Throw her down the stairs

Yeah I said that. She’s a fuckin dick. I wouldn’t mind the place where she ate was in the fuckin rock.

These muzzies have got it right not letting them out 

• Site Supporter

They'll hassle you to fuck if you don't pay it, adding more and more charges every time they send you a letter, until the "fine" is 6 or 7 times what it was originally, and they eventually send a bailiff round to threaten removal of goods and all that bollocks. Personally, I'd just swallow my pride and pay it because I can't be fucked with that sort of nonsense any more.

Edited by Cheese

• Members
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Find out where their head office is, sneak in like a Ronin, murder everyone present with a katana.

Pour petrol everywhere, but especially on the corpses of your victims - then set the place ablaze.

Then commit Hari-Kiri in the car park.

Not sure how a Japanese poem will help me 

I think  @gonzohas recent experience of this......and it didn't end well. I'm sure they did something to close that loophole about it being private land, so you don't have to pay anything, a few years ago. Get is paid, and then send her out working the streets until she's paid it off. Or sell pictures of her busters, via PM, on here for £1 a time until said debt is paid 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Pour petrol everywhere, but especially on the corpses of your victims - then set the place ablaze.

I watched Trial by Fire yesterday.  Fire produces evidence, it doesnt destroy it

Dont pay it if you can avoid it.  The law has changed though, so I'd not recommend ignoring it.  That said i have ex colleagues who parked on the metrolink car park in Bury without getting on the tram who ignored the penalty notice.  They both get letters every now and again saying the debts been passed onto someone else.  Its been rumbling on nearly 10 years now!

Personally, when i got one i went on that Martin Lewis website. There was a pre written appeal letter which i downloaded and posted out. It got written off the same week.  If enough cough up, as they surely do, they'll happily cancel the ones dished out to stubborn buggers.

• Site Supporter

Write or call at Tesco and tell them you’d eaten at their cafe and then done a shop. Point out that for 12 minutes error of judgement carries a fairly stiff penalty. Maybe even tell them you thought it was 3 hours, in line with many other supermarkets with cafes.

You have nothing to lose by pouring on the victim card.

The charge made is excessive (private land only). Here you can challenge the amount charged as being more than the landowner’s loss of income and reasonable admin expenses caused by your parking in breach of the rules. Although this is still an unclear area, many experts think that that is all the private land owner can charge under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

Went to pick my Dad up from Luton Airport. I was early and didn't want to go through the barriers and pay so parked in a clear no parking area. After about 5 mins a van swings round and takes a pic of my car from a roof top cam. 

Got a letter and ignored it. Received 3 more and ignored them. Nothing after that. This was 9 years ago.

If I put a no parking sign on my drive (my private land) and someone parks on it. Can I charge them £100 and expect them to pay it? What's the difference?

Not sure how the law has changed since I got done. 

Think these companies buy your details from the dvla. They take a chance by sending out a letter hoping people pay up. Most people do it seems.

• Members
31 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Or the rock? It's like £2 for parking. £98 less than what Rudy is having to pay now 😂😂

You’re just used to abandoning cars and leaving them burnt out on your front ‘garden’ in little lever