Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Saturday football

Spider

• Site Supporter

I know a few of you probably have lads/lasses that play in the teenage age groups for teams across the town on a Saturday morning.

It’s always a bit feisty but generally within the spirit of the game

However, a player head butted an one of our players this morning. Was red carded but still making threats after the game.

Their management team did fuck all. In fact, I suspect they encourage this type of behaviour.

Is this angry, thuggish behaviour unique to teams whose parents clearly rely on government handouts and drug dealing to survive, or can we expect it every week now it’s an older age group?

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter

Pretty rare but have seen it occasionally over the years, mostly handbags and testosterone and see lots of that. 
Been at kids Saturday morning football every week since 2003, still at it and can count serious incidents on one hand. 
I would need a lot more hands to count the number of nob head parents though,  thankfully they rarely influence but threatening young refs , offering other parents out and even threatening kids . 
beyond belief some of them  

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Where was the other team from?

Not saying in public because I’m not interested in potentially causing issues.

Its more a general point that some teams are like pit bulls and in the end the kids pick up on that and it’s not their fault.

Too many parents are vented their personal frustrations via their children’s football teams and it’s pathetic.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Spider said:

Its more a general point that some teams are like pit bulls and in the end the kids pick up on that and it’s not their fault.

Too many parents are vented their personal frustrations via their children’s football teams and it’s pathetic.

Usually the dad's who wanted to become pros but instead got high blood pressure and high cholesterol and get a shag every 6 months with the lights out. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

Usually the dad's who wanted to become pros but instead got high blood pressure and high cholesterol and get a shag every 6 months with the lights out. 

Leave me out of this.

And anyway my cholesterol is fine

• Site Supporter

U14 onwards seems to be the worse , both for the lads getting to that stage where showing their mates how “hard” they are and generally being little twats at that age , but also the parents , and in some cases grandparents , thinking their kids are better than anyone else on the field and it’s only a matter of time before an academy comes calling . Frustration comes as they’re not a cut above as they think,  they play against someone just as good and don’t get it all their own way . Some just can’t accept that 

• Site Supporter

My lad played up to and including U18. By this time teams were full of dick heads who decided football was less about footballing skills and more about proving someone was hard as fuck. Very few games remained 11 v 11.

This was when my son decided, “fuck that!”

And yes, plenty scroats  clubs turn up encouraging fisticuffs.

Edited by MickyD
Auto-spell is a cunt!

15 hours ago, Spider said:

Some of the parents at the game today were fucking cavemen.

Make the Taliban look like an advanced, easy going bunch.

So much anger about. Frustration. Peasantry.

Never liked the term peasants or peasantry. Something I associate with southerners talking about us. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, tomski said:

Never liked the term peasants or peasantry. Something I associate with southerners talking about us. 

Allow me to adjust my description.

They are mindless, pig-thick, angry, scrounging, ambitionless, ugly thugs who reek of cheap drugs and cheap cider.

Their houses smell of Crisp’n’Dry, they have woodchip wallpaper and skids on their bog pan at all times.

At least one of them has a mattress in their garden and a car on the driveway with an aftermarket exhaust and an england flag hanging from the front bedroom window.

They aren’t peasants because they have enough money for fucking LOADS of tattoos.

Edited by Spider

16 hours ago, Spider said:

cider=tramp juice

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Allow me to adjust my description.

They are mindless, pig-thick, angry, scrounging, ambitionless, ugly thugs who reek of cheap drugs and cheap cider.

Their houses smell of Crisp’n’Dry, they have woodchip wallpaper and skids on their bog pan at all times.

At least one of them has a mattress in their garden and a car on the driveway with an aftermarket exhaust and an england flag hanging from the front bedroom window.

They aren’t peasants because they have enough money for fucking LOADS of tattoos.

I know what your saying,  but, some of the more sporting welcomes come in areas where there’s a good proportion of houses like that and sometimes the biggest dick heads are parents from the so called more salubrious areas of the region.