Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe

Horwich

5 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Like @Trafsays and I suppose this depends upon how strongly you feel about this, contact your bank and request a charge back and tell them about the reasonable step you took to get a refund which was refused. 

Cheers both. I won’t. I’ll wait till I can reclaim.

In times gone by I’ve wavered stuff like this and given em to mates or whoever. 

His comments about me being a customer have got my back up though.

19 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

A lot of Vaccine centres were using Football club stadia, aye no rush 😃

Whoever that chairman was, I'd say he/she is making excuses for them.

Paul Scally of Gillingham

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/chairman-shocked-at-lack-of-vaccine-uptake-at-gillingham-259320/

Not in the article but on radio says "Maybe it's because the players are being tested every day they feel in a bubble".

Edited by CJG

35 minutes ago, CJG said:

Another team in EFL had a chairman on radio today. He said the main reason was that the players hadn't got round to it. It's not like any of them are against it.

Must be hard to fit it in after finishing training at lunchtime every day.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm quite interested in why Footballers are collapsing more with heart problems, maybe its been the norm but its not been reported over the years.

Is there a correlation between the vaccine and athletes having heart problems, is this why some professional footballers are refusing to have the vaccine ?

25% refusing to have the vaccine, only 59% double vaxxed. It does beg the question why.

All genuine questions, @darrenerwas just making a general point, he's then called a loon for making an observation on something that's happening in the sport. 

It wasn’t so much what he was saying, more about the assumptions being made as though they added credence to those assumptions. He was “sure all the players will have been vaccinated because if not, the government would’ve been all over it.” Then claiming, against the majority, the players NOT having the jab are the sensible ones. Darren knows nowt but assumes lots.

10 hours ago, darrener said:

What about all the players who have collapsed on the pitch over the last few weeks , not much mention of that on here . I'm sure these players will have been vaccinated because if not the government would have been all over it with their get the booster propaganda. Aguero was pushing the jab for 12 year olds and now he's retired due to heart problems, strange that. Could it be possible that the 25% are a bit concerned about what's going on . I think the sensible ones are the players who are giving it a miss 🤔 

5 hours ago, tomski said:

Club wouldn’t refund tickets today I’d bought for my brother and nephew who are only up this weekend so re arranged game is pointless to me.

The CEO has changed the rules that you can’t get a refund till a new date has been arranged and confirmed which seems odd. I wish they’d of told me before I travelled to the ground.

The new CEO wants to have a look at the sales of goods act

• Site Supporter

Club wouldn’t refund tickets today I’d bought for my brother and nephew who are only up this weekend so re arranged game is pointless to me.

The CEO has changed the rules that you can’t get a refund till a new date has been arranged and confirmed which seems odd. I wish they’d of told me before I travelled to the ground.

Twats.

What difference does it make?

We bought tickets for a Christmas concert for last year. Obviously didn't happen, but we got the option for a refund immediately. Despite them pencilling in an alternate date.

Not a way to treat "customers".

That's a potential game changer for ticket sales for the traditional large Boxing Day crowd.  I'll be getting an extra Morecambe ticket and I was prepared for the minor hassle of getting a refund if its off.  If that's no longer an option for me and a few thousand others its another reason not to buy tickets (added to membership/Covid passport/why bother anyway it probably won't be on).

• Site Supporter

I wonder if CEOs and club owners realise that groups like this, other forums and Facebook groups do have the ability to mobilise the masses against arbitrary decisions such as this? 
Social media may not represent the majority by any means but if enough noise is made, the local newspaper would soon be on the lookout for a story. They love a bit of fan power.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Think the players have the right not to have the vaccine just like everyone else.

If your going to penalise individuals for not complying then we are on a very slippery slope .There is enough division in our society already.

Having the vaccine or not having the vaccine makes little difference to transmission as numerous medical studies have shown.

As for the MHRA they are industry led not independent & the yellow book data collection is not technically fit for purpose (pdf format )

I have had the vaccine , my choice .

Don’t expect any objective comments from our MSM either they are indebted to the UK government for massive advertising revenue during the COVID pandemic.

Players vaccinated numbers reflect society at large. That said, if they want to continue to be considered role models, then maybe getting jabbed would help. It's not like they'd need to do it immediately before kick off every game.

Some roles require employees to be vaccinated, and it seems it is legal for employers to put such requirements on their staff. Whether its morally right is another matter.

The mhra is independent from Government, and any industry influence upon them would be tantamount to career/company suicide should an approval be made without sufficient evidence. 

I've no time for much of the msm coverage neither, but the advertising angle seems somewhat conspiratorial for me. Especially as the bbc are also guilty of some poor reporting.

5 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm quite interested in why Footballers are collapsing more with heart problems, maybe its been the norm but its not been reported over the years.

Is there a correlation between the vaccine and athletes having heart problems, is this why some professional footballers are refusing to have the vaccine ?

25% refusing to have the vaccine, only 59% double vaxxed. It does beg the question why.

All genuine questions, @darrenerwas just making a general point, he's then called a loon for making an observation on something that's happening in the sport. 

Standard on here.

13 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

If that's his take on it, we will have to take his word for it. 

Just seemed a strange comment, wasn't having a pop at you, I just find it hard to believe players haven't got round to it, they have enough free time on their hands.

Dunno about at our level but with the top stars you can fully imagine they will be living with a sense of their own exceptional status in society and so that probably extends to their ability to defeat a Lethal virus.

9 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's a potential game changer for ticket sales for the traditional large Boxing Day crowd.  I'll be getting an extra Morecambe ticket and I was prepared for the minor hassle of getting a refund if its off.  If that's no longer an option for me and a few thousand others its another reason not to buy tickets (added to membership/Covid passport/why bother anyway it probably won't be on).

Correct and like I said previously he needs to remember this if we ever have behind closed doors games again because folk won’t be so quick to show goodwill it works both ways

also he needs a wake up this ain’t a club which sells out every week tickets will always become available, folk can easily pick & choose without the financial commitment upfront 

21 hours ago, MickyD said:

Nothing to see here then.

Fwiw, I think all professional footballers should be vaxxed. This is what happens when you leave to personal choice.

The reason I think it should be compulsory is that during the current shitshow folk are more reliant on football for entertainment. The authorities should take all reasonable measures to ensure it goes ahead. If players that anti-vax find another league. 

If fans need to provide proof of vaccination to watch a game, then the least the authorities can do is ensure that the players also need to provide the same proof, surely?

I'm a season ticket holder who has paid up front to watch a game that will now be moved from a Saturday (yesterday) to a midweek that I probably won't be able to make, will I get a refund? Of course I won't.

Weather is inavoidable, players catching COVID less so.

The likes of Mr Hart at Bolton should be ensuring everything possible is done to keep his customers happy.