Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Name for The University of Macron. ft. Reebok Stadium

Dr. Feelgood

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Exactly, which is why I don't get the constant fellatio of them. They've gone, not coming back.

The thing about Reebok is/was that they wete a sports brand, so the word had relevance ... far better than having AIG, Virgin (could you imagine that ??), Hafnia (what tf is a 'Hafnia' ffs ?) on your kit.

Plus, of course, it has Bolton origins.

Add that it was there as we came good and were with us for years.

Both shirts & ground were by them too.

Now, if it's not going to be it's not going to be but I see no reason to not think fondly of them and hope/wish it could return.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The thing about Reebok is/was that they wete a sports brand, so the word had relevance ... far better than having AIG, Virgin (could you imagine that ??), Hafnia (what tf is a 'Hafnia' ffs ?) on your kit.

Plus, of course, it has Bolton origins.

Add that it was there as we came good and were with us for years.

Both shirts & ground were by them too.

Now, if it's not going to be it's not going to be but I see no reason to not think fondly of them and hope/wish it could return.

Agree.

Doesn't really matter who it is, but someone with the deepest pockets primarily. 

If a sportswear brand can offer that then all the better. If its one with local roots, better still.

Imagine thinking we're in a position to only accept an offer that has a relevant legacy link to the town. 

We'd be fucked. Bolton institute arena. 

Right now I reckon we'd accept highest bid off anyone that doesn't go against the shazza morals. So no gambling...probably no crypto? 

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Hafnia do tinned meat/corned beef etc.

47 minutes ago, Traf said:

Hafnia do tinned meat/corned beef etc.

Yeah, sorry. I knew, it's just that many ... including Everton fans ... didn't. Hopefully the general point, that appropriate adverts are better than pointless ones, is made.

For example, have you ever Hafniad ?

If 'yes', was that in any way due to that sponsorship ?

13 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Yeah, sorry. I knew, it's just that many ... including Everton fans ... didn't. Hopefully the general point, that appropriate adverts are better than pointless ones, is made.

Never actually seen the product tbh.

I used to know all the sponsors (geek) back then, so I just found out who they were.

14 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

There's a reason why Newcastle are cancelling their shirt sponsor early to get another in

Plus they've added a sleeve sponsor as well

The owners are rich so clearly know what they are doing 

I may not have heard of who the sponsors are but that's not how advertising works 

On 16/10/2022 at 14:11, Traf said:

Never actually seen the product tbh.

I used to know all the sponsors (geek) back then, so I just found out who they were.

didnt know it were latin for copenhagen. 

makes.. sense. 

disappeared as a brand '86 and eventually bought by tyson foods. 

bensons crisps (another big football advertizer) lasted at least 10 years longer. 

probably no wonder folk dont remember it. 

the kind of stuff you see a lot on facebook like watneys party seven , capstan full strength, and other random crap no one remembers but everyone remembers. 

kinda related - 188bet 's website doesnt even load up proper for me, but must be live still in *foreign place* as they kinda sponser liverpool fc. 

😕

Edited by e2e4
typoos