Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Royal Race Row

little whitt

8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think it's more of the fact that would Mounts have the gumption to put his position across to two young Black men about why highlighting racism they may have suffered from in their life is wrong.

Nothing to do with being hit - unsurprising you went there though.

I’d be quite happy to put my opinion across, id think they’d respect my opinion and not resort to calling me a loon or beat me up because I have an alternative view. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d be quite happy to put my opinion across, id think they’d respect my opinion and not resort to calling me a loon because I have an alternative view. 

I would love to see you tell two black people why their taking the knee to highlight racism is wrong.

And what would you say if they explained that it matters to help to bring this up because it highlights the very problem with what your position is, and that trying to educate you as to why it's important its actually doing its job?

Just out of interest, like.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I would love to see you tell two black people why their taking the knee to highlight racism is wrong.

And what would you say if they explained that it matters to help to bring this up because it highlights the very problem with what your position is, and that trying to educate you as to why it's important its actually doing its job?

Just out of interest, like.

Then I would ask if it’s educating people and doing it’s job why have many stopped doing it with some saying it’s pointless? Someone is lying somewhere. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Then I would ask if it’s educating people and doing it’s job why have many stopped doing it with some saying it’s pointless? Someone is lying somewhere. 

And the question was to Mounts.....

But, have you even looked at some of the reasons? I think Zaha is probably the most articulate on the topic from those who I've read.

See I reckon this is what they would say. They obviously won’t like racism but I think they’ll say they do the kneeling thing because they are told to rather than want. 
I say this because I only remember it still goes on because of threads on here. Whether you are for or against, it’s not impactful.

Just now, tomski said:

See I reckon this is what they would say. They obviously won’t like racism but I think they’ll say they do the kneeling thing because they are told to rather than want. 
I say this because I only remember it still goes on because of threads on here. Whether you are for or against, it’s not impactful.

A local lad who many know on here was playing for Northampton when this all started. It all came down from the top that it had to be done. Guaranteed that’s the case for many clubs.

Just now, tomski said:

If it gets folk like RW and Mounts talking about these things and hearing alternative views, I think it does help.

And look at the mounds of press coverage, the rage that it invokes in some on social media - I'd say it does help the discussion. Sometimes in not the most healthy way - but it's important to address the fact it angers so many from a certain part of our population.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

And the question was to Mounts.....

But, have you even looked at some of the reasons? I think Zaha is probably the most articulate on the topic from those who I've read.

Sorry didn’t realise. I’ll give you his number if you want a private conversation. 

A local lad who many know on here was playing for Northampton when this all started. It all came down from the top that it had to be done. Guaranteed that’s the case for many clubs.

I’ve no doubt. It feels orchestrated from seeing it to watching it.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

If it gets folk like RW and Mounts talking about these things and hearing alternative views, I think it does help.

And look at the mounds of press coverage, the rage that it invokes in some on social media - I'd say it does help the discussion. Sometimes in not the most healthy way - but it's important to address the fact it angers so many from a certain part of our population.

I’m not sure. I think the point is long gone.

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

How? How has it helped? Yes people are talking about it on here but has that stopped the local village idiot making monkey noises at players? I’ve heard more about racist since this all started then I have over the last 10 years. 

• Site Supporter

I spoke last week about this topic with a friend who’s black. He thought the complainant was looking to be upset by something. He didn’t get why she would dress in the style of an African woman and then be upset when questioned about her cultural lineage.

He spoke at length about the use of the word ‘nigger’ and wonders why it’s use is unacceptable when a white person uses towards a black person whilst it seems acceptable when a black person uses it towards another black person.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well, given the coverage I personally think its still a hugely valid issue and anything that gives it more spotlight is valuable. 

Plus, if the players do - then it's up to them.

The fact we are debating that someone would like a convo to tell Santos it’s pointless etc. I’m not sure that has any benefit. Don’t claim Be an expert on it mind you.

8 minutes ago, royal white said:

How? How has it helped? Yes people are talking about it on here but has that stopped the local village idiot making monkey noises at players? I’ve heard more about racist since this all started then I have over the last 10 years. 

Its good you've heard more about racism. That's a good thing, drag it out into the light. Just because you don't hear about it, doesn't mean its not there.

And therefore, it helps.

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I spoke last week about this topic with a friend who’s black. He thought the complainant was looking to be upset by something. He didn’t get why she would dress in the style of an African woman and then be upset when questioned about her cultural lineage.

He spoke at length about the use of the word ‘nigger’ and wonders why it’s use is unacceptable when a white person uses towards a black person whilst it seems acceptable when a black person uses it towards another black person.

Its the old classic.....

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Its good you've heard more about racism. That's a good thing, drag it out into the light. Just because you don't hear about it, doesn't mean its not there.

And therefore, it helps.

No fucker on the planet hasn’t heard of racism, we all know it’s wrong, but we are now having it shoved down our throats every single day and It won’t change 1 racist persons behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

And therefore, it helps.

I meant I’ve heard more about racism in football (racist abuse) since this started then in the last 10 years. 

That’s not a good thing. 

Edited by royal white

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

And therefore, it helps.

I agree. It helps to bring it into the spotlight especially when you see comments like LWs. Long May it continue.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I've heard that line chucked out many times, but only ever by ignorant white fuck

amazing that a black person would not get it

half the time, it's not acceptable when it's black on black and is used as an insult

is he sure that he's black?