Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

8Pm Kick Off And Other Gripes

Essex

Hello Bloggers. I'm new to the site, so I thought I would refrain from slagging off the team/manager/chairman etc and have a few gripes about what bothers me on my matchday experience.

Firstly, WHY are we still kicking off at 8pm on midweek matches? If 7.45 is good enough for champs league..... Back in 1997 club said it was to give fans more time to get here. Surely after 17 years, even the fans from as far away as Little Lever know how to get here by now. Even 15 mins will make a difference to families with children on a school night.

Second topic is the tannoy - I sit in East stand lower, WHY is there a piercing whistle coming from Tannoy for about 10 mins when we kick off for 2nd half???

Third topic - under the East stand, there are many TV screens, but the soundspeakers are nowhere near the screens, so I can only just hear it. I'm sure some techy has been down there and tested it, and I bet it sounds really loud when there is nobody there. Maybe this issue will be self resolved when there are only 5000 of us at the ground when we are in Div 2

Fourth topic-Is it beyond the tech ability to have the time on the big screen ALL THE TIME? Even when there is an ad on it. How about having the team line up like most other grounds do?

Hopefully someone from stadium management may read this

The 8.00pm was agreed with Bolton Council and, I understand, cannot be changed.

I do remember that one match started at 7.45 but can't recall the detail.

I can't imagine that anyone from the stadium comes on here for tips.

The 7.45 was probably our Europa league matches....those were the days. Maybe the council will change it and nobody has asked!

No, they were 8.00pm (pretty sure). it was just one match sometime.

There you go, if we can change KO time for Sky, then we can change for any game. Why are Bolton Council even considered? Changing the bus times, telling Police etc are all club issues not Council

Because it was in the agreement/covenant in building the stadium

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd bring back a previous topic. See we are kicking off at 7.45 tonite, so definately NO REASON why we have to kick off at 8pm for other games

Suits me down to the ground.

Can get back for a pint easy peasy. Even I don't beat the busses.

• Site Supporter

Can what sounds like hoovering in the suites in the north/ESL corner stop it! Happens every game, surely they can wait until after the match

As I said, this isn't just your part of the ground. It happens in the west/south corner too.

Must be the PA or something.

Thought I'd bring back a previous topic. See we are kicking off at 7.45 tonite, so definately NO REASON why we have to kick off at 8pm for other games

There is a reason why tonight is 7.45, namely BBC requirements.

8 o'clock is preferred by the club because of the distance from the town centre.

But I'm sure if you offer them £72K on each occasion they will consider carefully an early start.