Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bent Managers

HomerJay

Southampton assistant Eric Black up next

I reckon they'll release them in order of "excitement"  -  it's the way to keep the papers sale high.

Start of with a massive one (England Manager) and then start at the bottom of the list and work your way up in order to build up the frenzy - there will be bigger and bigger names released every couple of days from now, so they get maximum exposure/coverage/sales

I reckon they'll release them in order of "excitement" - it's the way to keep the papers sale high.

Start of with a massive one (England Manager) and then start at the bottom of the list and work your way up in order to build up the frenzy - there will be bigger and bigger names released every couple of days from now, so they get maximum exposure/coverage/sales

They should release an advent calendar with the face of corrupt managers behind each door.

• Moderators

It's total bullshit, the game in this country isn't bent. That's a fact. You can get a bet on the Conference North, it's hit and miss if they'll let you put more than 2 quid on Serie B. Some bloke accepting a cash payment, fucking hell. The only thing he's done wrong is if he's not paid the tax on it.

Former premier league manager, Steve Kean?

I reckon Sam's bentness might be the reason Blackburn shat him off unexpectedly.

Sam's history with owners/chairman with questionable integrity is quite obvious looking back.

Gartside

Mike Ashley

The Dildo deaers at West Ham.

Maybe Venky's wanted no part of his bent ways.

Even Harry is telling them to buy a lower league club rather than fuck about with third party ownership

They are like a dog with a bone on this third party stuff yet everyone they have 'exposed' has just told them to 'get round' it by buying a fucking club so they aren't a third party

Absolutely fucking nonsense all this, investigative journalism my arse

I see the 'man in the pub' has come out and said its all bullshit / bravado - that's those 8 names put to bed

Players betting on themselves to win, is that even against the rules???

• Site Supporter

Players betting on themselves to win, is that even against the rules???

Yes.

But you're right, it's a load of fucking nothing. The media are just doing what they do. Churning the fuck out of a non-story until an actual newsworthy event occurs.

Which Sam also criticised. Can't help wondering if they've offered him up for sacrifice to satisfy those looking into these things. Perhaps something of their own to hide.

I'm sure they never wanted him in the 1st place and have jumped at the chance to get rid, even at the cost of a hefty payout. 

In the end, if he'd have fought it I doubt they'd have grounds to do what they did. If he'd gone on a £400k speaking tour and it was against their rules then fair enough (and of course the tax people might be interested in how it was paid). But he didn't - he said he'd check with them. Likewise, if he'd offered to fettle 3rd party deals then OK, but unless I'm missing summat (and I may well be!) he just said how it happens. Plenty of people at the FA must have discussed the self same thing. Of course, not in front of strangers in a restaurant, but nevertheless. Plus taking the piss out of fellow managers. Well it's a private conversation; it would interesting to hear everything FA people might have said about SA in private conversations.

Of course he was a pillock. But really, if he had fought the issue could they have done him like they have? Did he bottle it and jump too quick?

Not that I care - everything in football is fucked at the moment anyhow.

The third party ownership thing is the biggest joke, no need for it at all when you can buy clubs for a quid

If you've got the dough to be buying ownership of up and coming footballers then your 99% of the way there. You only need to pay the electric and the tea lady and your done

This is the 'way round' the Telegraph have exposed, really is a joke

• Site Supporter

I'm sure they never wanted him in the 1st place and have jumped at the chance to get rid, even at the cost of a hefty payout. 

In the end, if he'd have fought it I doubt they'd have grounds to do what they did. If he'd gone on a £400k speaking tour and it was against their rules then fair enough (and of course the tax people might be interested in how it was paid). But he didn't - he said he'd check with them. Likewise, if he'd offered to fettle 3rd party deals then OK, but unless I'm missing summat (and I may well be!) he just said how it happens. Plenty of people at the FA must have discussed the self same thing. Of course, not in front of strangers in a restaurant, but nevertheless. Plus taking the piss out of fellow managers. Well it's a private conversation; it would interesting to hear everything FA people might have said about SA in private conversations.

Of course he was a pillock. But really, if he had fought the issue could they have done him like they have? Did he bottle it and jump too quick?

Not that I care - everything in football is fucked at the moment anyhow.

100% agree. Summed up how I see it beautifully.