Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I saw a bit of the last series on gogglebox and some far fetched bollocks happened and I didn’t bother starting it. I know it’s rare but when a show starts off brilliant then falls away like wet cake it boils my piss. 

Lost, Game Of Thrones are the two biggest culprits, they went from Villa at home 5-2 caliber to Wigan away under megson

I saw it coming in Lost about 4 episodes in so knocked it on the head, looking back on the reaction to it, I'm glad I did 

I thought GOT was generally strong to the end

• Members
12 minutes ago, Zico said:

I saw it coming in Lost about 4 episodes in so knocked it on the head, looking back on the reaction to it, I'm glad I did 

I thought GOT was generally strong to the end

7 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

GOT was great TV up until the last series when it seemed rushed.

I found out with GOT that the book hasn’t even been finished so they made it up . No wonder it was gash at the end

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Just finished watching The Sopranos and apart from the annoying ending thought it was brilliant

I thought it was a great ending 

Leave it on a knife edge, open to interpretation 

Or how you want it to be 

He might be shot, he may live another day

Such is the life as a mobster

5 hours ago, Rudy said:

You’ve not seen Sopranos or Goodfellas or eaten a potato cake so pipe down

Not eaten a potato cake; Gracious.

Get to Greenhalgh's and get them in the oven.

8 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Watching Friday Night Dinner again, funny and class, just brilliant.

Shit on it!

I started that the other week.  Halfway through the 2nd series.  I've found it pretty lame and the two sons are so irritating.  However, I've stuck with it because of Jim.  He's possibly one of the funniest characters I've ever seen in anything 🤣

The Sopranos is known as 'The Shite-anos' in my too cool for school household...

Peaky Blinders is another one, 'Shitey Shite-ders' I call it.

All this boxset stuff is shite.

Full of stupid tricks like bringing in some bit-part actor for a cameo in an early series then they return as a main player later on.

😉

And a fucking Polar Bear on a tropical island? Shite.

Shitty snooker is on tomorrow, but I urge everyone to tune into BBC 2 next Saturday, Dad's Army Season 2 is just starting on there...

The whole lot of them can be found in the usual places...*

* like VHS boxsets for £1 in charity shops, with one tape missing. Look among the Max Bygraves, Nat King Cole and 'South Pacific' LPs. 😉

14 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The Sopranos is known as 'The Shite-anos' in my too cool for school household...

Peaky Blinders is another one, 'Shitey Shite-ders' I call it.

All this boxset stuff is shite.

Full of stupid tricks like bringing in some bit-part actor for a cameo in an early series then they return as a main player later on.

😉

And a fucking Polar Bear on a tropical island? Shite.

Shitty snooker is on tomorrow, but I urge everyone to tune into BBC 2 next Saturday, Dad's Army Season 2 is just starting on there...

The whole lot of them can be found in the usual places...*

* like VHS boxsets for £1 in charity shops, with one tape missing. Look among the Max Bygraves, Nat King Cole and 'South Pacific' LPs. 😉

Season 2?

You mean series 2 surely?

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I remember when everyone raved about that Ian McShane series, Deadwood or something like that, watched 3 or 4 episodes and sacked it off, some TV shows you just can't get into them.

The thing is with Sopranos, is i like mafia films, goodfellas, godfather etc... just couldn't get into them.

Shit on it!

Deadwood is brilliant, although I had to watch it with subtitles as I could hardly understand a word somebwere speaking 

• Members
11 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

I agree. Shite. 

11 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I remember when everyone raved about that Ian McShane series, Deadwood or something like that, watched 3 or 4 episodes and sacked it off, some TV shows you just can't get into them.

The thing is with Sopranos, is i like mafia films, goodfellas, godfather etc... just couldn't get into them.

Shit on it!

Yet Coronation st and emmerdale you’ll watch religiously 

• Members
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

The kids watch FND, sorry I find it really bland, doesn't do anything for me.

Nice bit of squirrel? Crimble Crumble? Urgh.

Yeah I thought it was dross just didn’t find myself laughing at all. Saying that I haven’t laughed at a British comedy that didn’t involve Ricky Gervais in a long time 

11 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Shit on it!

Friday night dinner is class. One of the funniest things I’ve seen in many years  and probably will start it again shortly. 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yeah I thought it was dross just didn’t find myself laughing at all. Saying that I haven’t laughed at a British comedy that didn’t involve Ricky Gervais in a long time 

There's some decent ones out there. Motherhood is good, This Country is excellent if you haven't seen that. Catastrophe is also great. Toast of London isn't bad as well - Hi Steven, Clem Fandango here.