Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Booked for Blanes in June. Into Gerona with Jet2. Out from Barcelona with Vueling. What could possibly go wrong!!

Been before? It's one of the few Costa Brava towns to have actively spend money on their hotel infrastructure. MrsD and I did Pineda de Mar and Calella a few stops down on the railway a few years ago and it all felt like we were living in a 1970s holiday brochure.

We've only been for days out on Market Day but seemed much nicer than the neighbouring towns.

The railway will be your friend though. Direct trains to Barcelona are first class (no pun intended)

On 19/11/2019 at 18:27, MickyD said:

Been before? It's one of the few Costa Brava towns to have actively spend money on their hotel infrastructure. MrsD and I did Pineda de Mar and Calella a few stops down on the railway a few years ago and it all felt like we were living in a 1970s holiday brochure.

We've only been for days out on Market Day but seemed much nicer than the neighbouring towns.

The railway will be your friend though. Direct trains to Barcelona are first class (no pun intended)

Highly recommended by someone in travel. Doing Eurocamp again. Fly drive. Blanes looks decent without all the tourists. Will have a car so can bob about to the other resorts if we can be fussed. 

Booked a 2nd Forest Holiday - this time in Thorpe Forest, Norfolk. Last one we did in Blackwood Forest, Hampshire was spot on. Again can highly recommend. 

And due to lack of holidays at work for the Mrs, looking for a 4 night long weekend with sun in mid March. Probably Canaries. 

2 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Me our Maude, our two year old sprog, and the in laws, fancy a week away next year, recommendations  would be welcome 

1 minute ago, victor meldrew said:

could you narrow it down a bit

I actually get messages like that on a daily basis. I suspect your wife does too. 

Me our Maude, our two year old sprog, and the in laws, fancy a week away next year, recommendations  would be welcome 

Maldives

Caribbean

Egypt

A Greek Island

oman

When?

How far are you prepared to fly?

What board basis?

What standard?

What's the budget?

Without such basic information, You're unlikely to get proper help, I'm afraid.

• Members
5 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

could you narrow it down a bit

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

I actually get messages like that on a daily basis. I suspect your wife does too. 

Around a two hour-ish flight(Spain Portugal) , good for kids, happy to go self catering or b&b so plenty of good places to eat out 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Traf said:

When?

How far are you prepared to fly?

What board basis?

What standard?

What's the budget?

Without such basic information, You're unlikely to get proper help, I'm afraid.

Between May and August

Max 3 hours

self catering , bed and breakfast, like to eat out at night 

No peasants within a 30 mile radius

No budget our Maude is loaded 😁

30 minutes ago, Underpants said:

When I go on holiday i don't talk about it or post pictures before, during or after on Facebook. I'm  not that sort of an attention seeking tw@t.

I don't understand people that advertise the fact that they are currently on holiday on facebook etc. A woman not far from where we live went to Ibiza recently  to celebrate her 40th birthday with her extended family, when they returned, her top of the range Audi 4x4 and her brothers posh camper van had been stolen, how stupid!

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I don't understand people that advertise the fact that they are currently on holiday on facebook etc. A woman not far from where we live went to Ibiza recently  to celebrate her 40th birthday with her extended family, when they returned, her top of the range Audi 4x4 and her brothers posh camper van had been stolen, how stupid!

Your insurers will look at social media and void your insurance if you've advertised your holidays and then got robbed

54 minutes ago, Underpants said:

When I go on holiday i don't talk about it or post pictures before, during or after on Facebook. I'm  not that sort of an attention seeking tw@t.

Where are off to next year?