Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

As I understand it Travelodge is owned through a private company by 

GoldenTree Asset Management, Avenue Capital Group and Goldman Sachs

Thanks, I saw that on Wikipedia also.

25 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Thought I'd had this to the debate, Iles comment from his article today - 

"Whether Football Ventures, Ken Anderson, Michael James, Eddie Davies’s Trust – governed by solicitor Keir Gordon – or two sets of administrators, nobody is blameless as this mess continues to jeopardise the future of a 145-year-old institution.

Much of the mistrust which has slowed every decision pre-dates administration. The levels of downright greed outweighed only by each protagonist’s desire to maintain their public image".

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17844789.tranmere-rovers-5-bolton-wanderers-0-marc-iless-match-verdict/

Lets take as a given Ken is one of the 'greedy' protagonists, then who else is he calling out?

Not the Administrators as he says he predates Administration which leaves FV, EDT and/or Michael James.

I hardly think EDT can be seen to be greedy, they've already written off over £200m on the club, which would then leave just FV and/or MJ?

What is he trying to say - and what would happen to the club if one or both walked away now instead?

He says Much of the Mistrust not all of it so you can include the administrators 

He is factually wrong to Include Michael James personally as its PBB that are the secured creditor 

The only person walking away unscathed and unmentioned is Brett Warburton  

I think all he is highlighting is that having 2 administrators who have fought their own vested interests on behalf of the creditors that appointed them ( KA and ED trustees )  was flawed from the outset , and , rather than working  together for the good of the football club, they have  worked against each other and  it is the football club that as a consequence has suffered and continues to suffer 

If FV walk away it wont be because of something  Marc Iles did or did not say 

35 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wouldn’t say MJ been greedy either,  leaves just FV. 

MJ is part of FV. 

9 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

He says Much of the Mistrust not all of it so you can include the administrators

Didnt think Rigby and his High Net Worth's were in the picture? 😀

1 hour ago, Super Bock said:

Travelodge have a long standing requirement for a hotel at Middlebrook, however they very rarely buy hotels since they refinanced, instead they prefer the leasehold model with terms of between 25-30 years with the landlord paying all fitout related costs.

I imagine it would be fairly simple for a developer/fund to acquire the hotel with a pre-let in place to Travelodge and then sell it on for a reasonable profit.

Travelodge will typically pay around 5k-7k per room per annum in rent, but this varies depending on the demographics, local competition, parking and overall quality of the hotel.

The more rooms they acquire the more they can pay in rent as they benefit from economies of scale on their day to day running costs.

The only other hotel operator that accepts leasehold terms is Premier Inn (Whitbread) and they are already on Middlebrook. So I actually think the hotel could become a Travelodge.

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/553901/bmo-acquires-first-hotel-for-95m

5 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Basil Fawlty

Paul Robinson from Neighbours. 

Benny from Crossroads. 

At last some good news in this thread. I'll happily take any of them

Basil would run a tighter ship with better forward planning and improved customer relations.

Paul Robinson would represent an upgrade in ethical conduct.

Benny would raise the intellectual capacity of our leadership. 

Edited by ProfessorWoland

11 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Price range

You can’t look at that asset to come up with a price for Whites Hotel - different parts of the country, different size of hotel, different amenities, entirely different sales scenarios.

Problem is they have no loyalty to the club, and as they rightly say there job is to get the best deal for the creditors. Also the hotel is functioning as a business unlike the football club. No doubt Bassinis injunction has thrown a spanner in the works. It seems to come down to whether FV have the money to beat BOOHOO

The Boohoo lot only want the hotel though don't they? And FV can't buy unless they get the hotel. So if the Boohoo lot get it then we're totally fucked and it would also make them utter thundercunts. Unless they decide to buy the club as well if course.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

The Boohoo lot only want the hotel though don't they? And FV can't buy unless they get the hotel. So if the Boohoo lot get it then we're totally fucked and it would also make them utter thundercunts. Unless they decide to buy the club as well if course.

Well boohoo certainly don't think we'd be fucked as they would be even more fucked if they actually fucked up the football side of things.

Do you not think?

we Are in huge trouble based on that sadly. Not sure what the legal claim actually is as it’s not the injunction so it’s a mystery 

I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see a happy ending to this now

i did say earlier two weeks but that was something I heard on the grapevine just didn’t realise the hotel was going to take two weeks. 

‘Also read into that that whilst two s&p agreements have been issued I believe that is saying that fv need to increase payment to the creditors to match the  kamini bid. They are doing everything to sell to FV basically. To try and save the club 

FV need to come out very soon and make a statement. They have acted appallingly here for me and are now playing about with the life of our club 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

we Are in huge trouble based on that sadly. Not sure what the legal claim actually is as it’s not the injunction so it’s a mystery 

I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see a happy ending to this now

i did say earlier two weeks but that was something I heard on the grapevine just didn’t realise the hotel was going to take two weeks. 

‘Also read into that that whilst two s&p agreements have been issued I believe that is saying that fv need to increase payment to the creditors to match the  kamini bid. They are doing everything to sell to FV basically. To try and save the club 

FV need to come out very soon and make a statement. They have acted appallingly here for me and are now playing about with the life of our club 

I think FV bid is seriously in danger, what is boo hoo plan? Is the stadium and hotel flattened and the subsequent land worth more than the purchase price of club and hotel? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I think, like a few have said, the message is painfully clear. FV need to make their offer a better one.

I assume they think with a deal for the club almost done, that perhaps they wouldn't have to match the rival offer considering the Kamani family don't want the football club (if they are the rival party). 

Not an expert in this area - so not sure whether Quantuma could actually accept a lower offer for hotel creditors, on the basis of keeping the club alive. I can see what FV are doing and their rationale behind it, but it's getting a bit too fine a line for me. They need to just get this wrapped up. The club is being battered in the process