Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

What's worrying me is it's 7 weeks tomorrow to the first game of the season.  The first direct debit payments for auto-renewal would normally go out at the start of July in less than 2 weeks.   I have not decided if I want to renew or not yet, but I'm assuming they won't take out the 1st July payments when they haven't even announced prices yet??

27 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

thats just lit the meltdown fuse on here now =@

You don’t have to be a journo or Clinton Baptiste for measure to work out there is a reason for the hold up and If it’s not completed on schedule that will cause a problem. I like Nicko but ffs😂

Edited by tomski

3 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

What's worrying me is it's 7 weeks tomorrow to the first game of the season.  The first direct debit payments for auto-renewal would normally go out at the start of July in less than 2 weeks.   I have not decided if I want to renew or not yet, but I'm assuming they won't take out the 1st July payments when they haven't even announced prices yet??

Might not do direct debits this time round because - will depend if there is time for the club to organise it. And I'm suspecting there may well not be. Was talk of selling STs in person only for cash/card payments. Might not be time for anything else.....

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Might not do direct debits this time round because - will depend if there is time for the club to organise it. And I'm suspecting there may well not be. Was talk of selling STs in person only for cash/card payments. Might not be time for anything else.....

Who was talking about selling season tickets in person only? Man in the pub??

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

That's going to rule out a high percentage of people who can't afford to pay the whole lot up front.

37 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

That's going to rule out a high percentage of people who can't afford to pay the whole lot up front.

Indeed. Its going to be practicalities though. Can they set up a scheme in the time available and organise payments ahead of the first game of the season. You'd have to take first payments in July. Which is just about a week away. I'm looking at that and thinking it is unlikely. And I know someone who enquired about STs and was told it might be that they are only on sale in person. I'd have thought they'd want to do renewals but again its looking pretty difficult right now I'd say. 

Just now, Okocha10 said:

Have a feeling the delay is due to Bassini with his claims he owns the club, why would he suddenly be quiet all of a sudden, after banging all the time. 

Doubt it. The administrators continued the process after his supposed challenge and he backed down seemingly too - I think it is far more likely to be down to some sort of issue with FV and how they are financing the purchase. 

10 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Indeed. Its going to be practicalities though. Can they set up a scheme in the time available and organise payments ahead of the first game of the season. You'd have to take first payments in July. Which is just about a week away. I'm looking at that and thinking it is unlikely. And I know someone who enquired about STs and was told it might be that they are only on sale in person. I'd have thought they'd want to do renewals but again its looking pretty difficult right now I'd say. 

The scheme is already set up though.   Just because there's new owners, the backroom staff and computer systems should all be as they were.  

Which is why I'm kind of still expecting my auto-renewal first payment to go out in 9 days time, it would be typical BWFC for that to happen.

4 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

The scheme is already set up though.   Just because there's new owners, the backroom staff and computer systems should all be as they were.  

Which is why I'm kind of still expecting my auto-renewal first payment to go out in 9 days time, it would be typical BWFC for that to happen.

As a gesture for us missing out on the Brentford game maybe the new owners could start payments in August. Saying that I’m happy to start paying as normal in July if the takeover goes through. 

3 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

Yes that is true. I'm sure they'd love to do the auto-renewals. Hopefully they can sort in time. 

40 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Have a feeling the delay is due to Bassini with his claims he owns the club, 

This is the sort of made up bollocks that gets the mentally impaired who flock to Twitter to get into a tailspin.

3 hours ago, Razaldo9 said:

@reluctantnicko

Bolton. There’s a reason for hold up with Football Ventures deal. Not for public domain. If it’s not done on schedule then there’s a problem. Not the case just now.

Another cryptic tweet. Not for public domain, but we'll let it get out to a journalist.

Its Interesting that when pressed again on this tweet Nixon has replied 

Some things are not for the public domain.

So in his own roundabout way he is telling us the deal is still on and proceeding 

So what could it be that has to be kept from us ? 

Having until now  thought the delay was due to the situation with the Hotel I am starting to wonder If someone crucial to getting the deal concluded has suffered a family bereavement or maybe a serious Illness has been diagnosed 

Lets hope its none of the above - maybe its just on hold pending the serious fraud office announcing an arrest 

25 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Its Interesting that when pressed again on this tweet Nixon has replied 

Some things are not for the public domain.

So in his own roundabout way he is telling us the deal is still on and proceeding 

So what could it be that has to be kept from us ? 

Having until now  thought the delay was due to the situation with the Hotel I am starting to wonder If someone crucial to getting the deal concluded has suffered a family bereavement or maybe a serious Illness has been diagnosed 

Lets hope its none of the above - maybe its just on hold pending the serious fraud office announcing an arrest 

I'm not sure, could be something like you guess. That does fit with the non public message.  

"If it’s not done on schedule then there’s a problem. Not the case just now."

That's the bit that is a bit strange. Someone involved could potentially pull out, but they haven't yet? 

What schedule is it in line with too? Completion next week? Because we're a week behind the HoT schedule.

I really wouldn't get too concerned. Remember, we are trying a quick turnaround by coming out of admin and then a new owner coming in. Creditors still need to be paid so that could be part of the delay, there are certain legal processes that must be completed and these can take time, new owners also need to determine the make up of the company in regards to directorships, funding etc etc. Considering the club was only "sold" two weeks ago, I am actually surprised we have made progress