Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

33 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

I think the last paragraph is very positive, so I’ll run with that for now.

Sources close to the takeover suggest the Football Ventures consortium has made progress in the last few days in its efforts to buy the Bolton Whites Hotel alongside the club.

13 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Basran and Brittan are named as directors and shareholders (one each) in the Incorporation document uploaded on 11 Jan 2019.

Thank you. I stand corrected. My apologies.

I didn't look at the incorporation document. Incorporation docs are more usually the work of company formation agents with the agents being the first nominee directors.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think the last paragraph is very positive, so I’ll run with that for now.

Sources close to the takeover suggest the Football Ventures consortium has made progress in the last few days in its efforts to buy the Bolton Whites Hotel alongside the club.

Me too - Sounds like  Quantuma have realised if this deal is not done in the next few days the hotel is worthless 

7 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Me too - Sounds like  Quantuma have realised if this deal is not done in the next few days the hotel is worthless 

I assume all FV need is preferred bidder status on hotel to progress club deal.

12 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

But that isn’t following the legal requirements of administration. Value is determined by the price somebody is willing to pay, if another bidder will pay more then surely Quantuma must accept their bid. The risk of it being ‘worthless’ would rest with the owner. 

What is of most concern is that despite having a £5.5M head start, FV still can’t find the funds to be the highest bidder.

30 minutes ago, Damocles said:

But that isn’t following the legal requirements of administration. Value is determined by the price somebody is willing to pay, if another bidder will pay more then surely Quantuma must accept their bid. The risk of it being ‘worthless’ would rest with the owner. 

What is of most concern is that despite having a £5.5M head start, FV still can’t find the funds to be the highest bidder.

How do you know who is the highest bidder? 

Surely these people who want to buy the hotel know if they do it would subsequently lead to the football club being liquidated? Therefore leaving a stand alone hotel with a derelict stadium on the back of it and no car park? 

49 minutes ago, Damocles said:

I think the time for following the legal requirements of administration is gone

The whole process has been flawed from the very start , from the appointment of two separate administrators who seem to have followed their own course of actions and timescales and paid scant if any regard to what the other was doing 

David Rubin should have not accepted the FV bid on a conditional basis -  particularly as it was subject to the acquisition of the hotel , that was not in his  gift to do so 

Quantuma should not have delayed marketing the Hotel until a preferred bidder for the Football Club was found and then use the knowledge that the FV bid was conditional to try and force up the price of the Hotel by attracting inflated bids and offers from frustrated wanna be football club owners such as Bassini and Fawaz Al Hasawi , most likely being encouraged by vested interests and clever lawyers 

You are presuming in what you say the Hotel is worth substantially more than £5.5 million - it may not be , its value may only have increased very recently because of a flawed process 

The two should have worked together 

Rubins said he wanted proof of £25 million from prospective buyers of the club and the hotel - suggesting publically he ran the overall show 

Quantuma said the Hotel and Football club are intrinsically linked 

So why have they not worked together ?

The fact is that unless they throw the rule book of legal requirements of administration out of the window we will be left with neither a football club or a hotel 

End of 

Edited by Benny The Ball

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How do you know who is the highest bidder? 

I don’t know who is, but I know who has had to revise their valuation based on the indicative (albeit not formalised) valuations of other parties. If the FV bid was even close to acceptable then Quantuma would’ve just allowed them to pre-pack it....

26 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Surely these people who want to buy the hotel know if they do it would subsequently lead to the football club being liquidated? Therefore leaving a stand alone hotel with a derelict stadium on the back of it and no car park? 

Or an events arena/shopping complex

Guest Nordkurve
9 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Back Of The Netto.. 

Give it a Lidl bit more time. I am sure everything will be sorted out.

Edited by Nordkurve

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Back Of The Netto.. 

8 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Give it a Lidl bit more time. I am sure everything will be sorted out.

You wait Aldi for a cheap supermarket pun and two come along at the same time.