Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

When people talk about the new normal it appears to be trying to carry on like before, with a bit of distancing and organisation whilst between 100-200 a day die

What are the daily death tolls across Europe like in comparison?

Spain 8

italy 30

Germany 14

France 26

Belgium 5

18 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

How do you enforce it

anyone who challenges will get blasted with abuse 

Actually had a lovely day, central town was much quieter than round here. My mate who lives in zone one and cycles a lot says it’s like this until you get further out.

We spent the day in Kings Cross, it was great but so strange with the lack of people; we’re a long way from normality.

16 hours ago, boltondiver said:

None in the community?

whats the day by day v last week, our Peely?

I can't find any published data that shows the breakdown of cases in care homes  - I've read a few articles that state the govmt don't want to publish the data. I also don't know how many folk die on average per week in care homes usualy, so the large % of covid deaths in care homes may actually be similar to the amount of natural deaths.

The ONS have stated that from their random antibody test results, the downward trend in new cases is now flat, it's not going down or up substantially.

Removing restrictions, ignoring the social distancing, protests etc,  is going to make the case numbers go up, I've no doubt at all that we will see rises sometime in July and Aug, by how much is anyone's guess, but most think it will be a slower rise than we experienced at the beginning, which should enable us to slow it down regionally or by reintoducing restrictions when required. 

There's rising cases now in 30 European countries and obviously several US states.

10m antibody test results are showing 5% of the UK has had the disease, 3.3 million, some think its a bit higher, nearer 5 million. It's about 15% in London and 7-9% in the NW. Reagrdelss we are still at the begining of the pandemic, theres 60 odd million folk in the UK that havent been infected yet.

The good news is that an indepth test in Austria (with the highst % of seroprevalnce ever shown in a study - which suggests it's as accurate as we have had so far) has shown that  85% of those who have the infection have no symptoms, or very mild symptoms, like a cold.  They're tring to work out what makes the 85% not get ill.

Treatment is getting better in the hospitals for the 5% that get seriously ill - a smaller % are dying.

Vaccine trials are under way in Human populations, but not expected to be available for another year yet.

UK week v week stats are available here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/slides-and-datasets-on-coronavirus-26-june-2020    it's the spreadsheet that shows the details.

7 day rolling average deaths has flattened this week too -  last 4 days are

to give you an Idea, two weeks ago it was

So in summary - all the data I'm looking at makes me think we've had the lull in the last month or so, infections aren't going to drop susbatntialy for now, we'll see small rises soon, which may get worse depending on how we act and what the govmt do. School holiday will probably help a bit too hopefully. 

Edited by peelyfeet

30 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

I can't find any published data that shows the breakdown of cases in care homes  - I've read a few articles that state the govmt don't want to publish the data. I also don't know how many folk die on average per week in care homes usualy, so the large % of covid deaths in care homes may actually be similar to the amount of natural deaths.

The ONS have stated that from their random antibody test results, the downward trend in new cases is now flat, it's not going down or up substantially.

Removing restrictions, ignoring the social distancing, protests etc,  is going to make the case numbers go up, I've no doubt at all that we will see rises sometime in July and Aug, by how much is anyone's guess, but most think it will be a slower rise than we experienced at the beginning, which should enable us to slow it down regionally or by reintoducing restrictions when required. 

There's rising cases now in 30 European countries and obviously several US states.

10m antibody test results are showing 5% of the UK has had the disease, 3.3 million, some think its a bit higher, nearer 5 million. It's about 15% in London and 7-9% in the NW. Reagrdelss we are still at the begining of the pandemic, theres 60 odd million folk in the UK that havent been infected yet.

The good news is that an indepth test in Austria (with the highst % of seroprevalnce ever shown in a study - which suggests it's as accurate as we have had so far) has shown that  85% of those who have the infection have no symptoms, or very mild symptoms, like a cold.  They're tring to work out what makes the 85% not get ill.

Treatment is getting better in the hospitals for the 5% that get seriously ill - a smaller % are dying.

Vaccine trials are under way in Human populations, but not expected to be available for another year yet.

UK week v week stats are available here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/slides-and-datasets-on-coronavirus-26-june-2020    it's the spreadsheet that shows the details.

7 day rolling average deaths has flattened this week too -  last 4 days are

to give you an Idea, two weeks ago it was

So in summary - all the data I'm looking at makes me think we've had the lull in the last month or so, infections aren't going to drop susbatntialy for now, we'll see small rises soon, which may get worse depending on how we act and what the govmt do. School holiday will probably help a bit too hopefully. 

Quality input; thanks!

• Members
5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I can't wait, I've had it up to here* with Bing, the whiny little shit

*Pointing at head

I’ll kick that bunny off a bastard cliff. 

Told nursery the wife is a doctor. Got told it’s both parents. Jokers

15 hours ago, Escobarp said:

So they can blame the government when all the neglect And mistreatment claims come in from the families after the staff have been doing tik tok videos rather than changing shitty nappies and looking after folk. Heard it here first 

nhs can’t be far behind with all the people denied cancer treatments etc. my mums scans and appointments get cancelled weekly because of “covid”. Place is fucking empty. You can hear the sound of the saline drips it’s that’s quiet. 

this video  is from about eight weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

This little prick

bing_bunny.jpg?resize=746,432

Haha, looks like a right twat. 

It was "In the night garden"  when mine were sprogs. Trippiest shit ever. 

Maka Paka

Igglepiggle

Upsydaisy

Tombliboo oo

Not one intelligible word spoken by any of them  in a 30 min episode

Edited by peelyfeet

2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Maka Paka

Igglepiggle

Upsydaisy

Tombliboo oo

Not one intelligible word spoken by any of them  30 mins.

Been pulled now. Pontypines are now deemed a racist stereotype of massive Asian families... 

6 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Maka Paka

Igglepiggle

Upsydaisy

Tombliboo oo

Didn't he used to play up front for us?

37 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Maka Paka

Igglepiggle

Upsydaisy

Tombliboo oo

You’ve not lived until you’ve been to In The Night Garden Live...