Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Get Fit Thread 2 - Daily Challenge

Smiley

Loads of folk hammering the exercise now that many of us are social distancing. 

Thought it would be an idea to have some daily challenges. Not necessarily competitive - more of a group challenge. However we could spin off into individual challenges further down the line. 

Couple of suggestions:

1) Walk/run 200 miles in a day. Get 20 posters to sign-up to this. Let’s say for this Wednesday. And then we all go out. Do our thing and post it on here. We may have some who contribute 2 miles by walking. Some 15-20 miles with a combination of running and walking. 
We may decide 200 is a tall order. OR we may get to late in the day - say 8pm where we are collectively 30 miles short. And we all head out on a run/walk to pull in those final miles. 

2) Climb 2000 flights of stairs. That’s 100 each. And one that can be done at home. At any time. And chewed off a bit at a time.  Obviously anyone with a Fitbit or similar can track this quite easily. 

Any other suggestions for challenges? And is anyone up for it?

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Headache and shivers still. Don't feel to bad at the moment. I'd give it a 5/10 - worst it's been is a 7/10. Might not be CV mind.

I'm strangely ravenous!

That old phrase "feed a cold, starve a fever" is that realistic or just bollocks?

Should you just eat if you're hungry?

• Site Supporter

My nose hairs are getting long enough that I can almost tie the ones in my left nostril to the ones protruding from the right.

Along with my hair and beard, I'm thinking of just letting them reach horrifying lengths through this crisis.

Not sure how it helps, but I wanted to contribute to this effort somehow.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

My nose hairs are getting long enough that I can almost tie the ones in my left nostril to the ones protruding from the right.

Along with my hair and beard, I'm thinking of just letting them reach horrifying lengths through this crisis.

Not sure how it helps, but I wanted to contribute to this effort somehow.

The manscaping taken a hit as well?

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

The manscaping taken a hit as well?

The whole thing has gone to shit.

My joggers are just a petri dish that WHO will want a look at once this all calms down.

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

I’m definitely up for it so long as it’s summat I can do inside in between endless conference calls. Had 6 today with another 5 tomorrow

Had 2-3 calls today that I made in the back garden. Pacing up and down whilst chatting. Clocked up a shitload of steps. 
Well worth doing if you can.