Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Window cleaners

Spider

2 minutes ago, White on Tyne said:

My missus sacked off our window cleaner as she suspected he never did the back windows. We live in a row of terraces so no direct access from front. She said cobwebs were still there in back windows so she fired him off. £7 per fortnight. So now i have to get up a fuckin ladder with me big pole and squeegee which combined has to reach up 3 storeys and also hanging out of sash windows. Not sure how our lives will improve by saving £7 per fortnight but strangely enough she's just suggested we should make sure my life insurance paid up. 

Ill do her back door in for £7

Oh you said windows... 

• Members
3 minutes ago, White on Tyne said:

My missus sacked off our window cleaner as she suspected he never did the back windows. We live in a row of terraces so no direct access from front. She said cobwebs were still there in back windows so she fired him off. £7 per fortnight. So now i have to get up a fuckin ladder with me big pole and squeegee which combined has to reach up 3 storeys and also hanging out of sash windows. Not sure how our lives will improve by saving £7 per fortnight but strangely enough she's just suggested we should make sure my life insurance paid up. 

I reckon she said, we’re getting rid of him, we’ll do them ourselves 

Plural. Has she given her chamois leather a rub has she shite. Wives are fuckers 

I sat and watched the window cleaner , I use the term loosely, clean the windows at my mums the other day. Not a bit of soap in sight.  A brush on a pole and water. Robbing bastard. Last time he’s doing them told her fella to fire him off. Waste of money. 

Only ruffians and cowboys don’t clean the sills on traditional work. 

Sills on Higher level waterfed stuff should be brushed and rinsed also.

My monthly houses average about £8-£10 Some less some more obviously. 

Fortnightly stuff where I have shed loads in particular areas I keep cheap. £5-£6 for Them. 

Just now, Escobarp said:

I sat and watched the window cleaner , I use the term loosely, clean the windows at my mums the other day. Not a bit of soap in sight.  A brush on a pole and water. Robbing bastard. Last time he’s doing them told her fella to fire him off. Waste of money. 

He’ll be using deionised/purified water that’s been cleaned through either a revers osmosis system or resin/DI and polishing tank system. 

Its desingned to clean the window, rinse then leave to dry. As the water is pure it dries clear, as opposed to normal tap water.

Just now, gonzo said:

He’ll be using deionised/purified water that’s been cleaned through either a revers osmosis system or resin/DI and polishing tank system. 

Its desingned to clean the window, rinse then leave to dry. As the water is pure it dries clear, as opposed to normal tap water.

What would you know about it, claw boy?

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Only ruffians and cowboys don’t clean the sills on traditional work.

They use nylon brushes as well instead of boars hair ones. I appreciate there is the drag to consider but still, quality first

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I best tell them to ring him and apologise then 😁

who knew window cleaning used science nowadays 

• Site Supporter
Just now, SatanGreavsie said:

Pah!

Buckingham palace is done, and has been for centuries, with brushes made exclusively from nun's pubes. There's a family-run company in Italy that have been making them all that time, sourced from the Santo Ordine di Askwythia convent, based in the ancient, olive-grove mottled Lombardy village of Pudenda.
 "Brush with our bush" is their motto. 

FACT

You've been drinking heavily again haven't you? 😂

24 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Pah!

Buckingham palace is done, and has been for centuries, with brushes made exclusively from nun's pubes. There's a family-run company in Italy that have been making them all that time, sourced from the Santo Ordine di Askwythia convent, based in the ancient, olive-grove mottled Lombardy village of Pudenda.
 "Brush with our bush" is their motto. 

FACT

Their advertising catchphrase was " Buff with our muff ".

My window cleaner took the piss. Was supposed to do them once a month. I was convinced he was coming ground for payment more than that. I remember him turning up for his dosh and me telling him he’d only done the fuckers last week. Final straw was him rocking up on a Sunday afternoon asking to be paid double in lieu of the next months 

Fucked him off the cheeky twat. Not had one since.  Can’t say I notice my windows being dirty. I’m sure the rain washes em well enough.

Soz Gonzo. 

Different kettle of fish over this way mate. You’d soon notice :D (I had to actually explain this to a table of contract managers and managing directors at a tender meeting once)  

Some Lads take the piss in all trades. He won’t keep much work trying it on like that.  Fuck him.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Different kettle of fish over this way mate. You’d soon notice :D (I had to actually explain this to a table of contract managers and managing directors at a tender meeting once)  

Some Lads take the piss in all trades. He won’t keep much work trying it on like that.  Fuck him.

I'd not be shocked if you had a drugged up set of seagulls on your payroll

#vile